I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2014, 05:37 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ I've done that... and had help from DD. Mostly help from DD... I've had to start doing laundry after she's in bed so I can get it done and out of reach before she can spill anything on it.

All I'm doing is laying here today, but it's getting worse. Not expecting good news at the Dr tomorrow, from what I remember of my mc 10 years ago... it seems to be the same, not like the mild spotting I had with dd.

I'll update if they actually tell me anything tomorrow.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
June 1st, 2014, 10:20 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Still praying for you DeathFK!

We saw a van, just a regular older model van today that was totally pimped out! Cool looking on the outside with full body kit and all that, on the inside it looked like a 1990's living room!! I kid you NOT! it had the 2 bucket seats that had like couch material and end tables that hooked from the floor and lights and bookcase...I mean the thing even had friggin MINI BLINDS in it!!! weird but cool at the same time. I wish I could have taken a picture because even as Im typing this out...I think you may think I talking about an RV but Im not. anyhow...pretty interesting.

I cant stop eating super sweet cherry tomatoes!! yuummmm
June 1st, 2014, 10:32 PM
That sounds really cool. We go to car shows a lot, so I've seen things like it. I know what you're talking about

So, I got a call this evening, our offer was accepted on the house... but it still has to pass the inspection, and assessment, and be approved by the bank. So much could still go wrong. Afraid to be hopeful with the way things have gone for us this past year.

IF we get it... we're going to need some really good storage ideas. It's a 1920s home, with tiny bedrooms... and even tinier closets. No joke our closet will be 3ft wide... (about 2ft smaller than our current tiny one) and our room is a bit smaller than our current room (which is packed full). But overall... it's 2x the size of ours... 900sqft to 1900sqft.

June 2nd, 2014, 05:54 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Easy. Just don't keep stuff you don't need.
We have three closets, one I keep pretty cleaned out, I keep the upstairs cat box in there, and it's got a pole for hanging DH's extra shirts, the shampooer, and some shelves along the north wall for photo books kids artwork in boxes that I keep a little of etc.
The closet in the girls room has all the holiday stuff in totes, and any extra clothes that people give us (which has to be gone through) and winter coats/snowpants when they're not being used.
The last one is in our room, it's got my dresser and one shelf which I have to use to hide xmas gifts when it's that time of the year.

We have a back hallway for tools, scooters, other outdoor stuff. I get rid of anything that doesn't have a place or if the closets start getting too cluttered.
I also do not have clutter piles around the house, drives me nuts.

June 2nd, 2014, 06:25 AM
That's the problem, when we moved to our current house, we got rid of over half our stuff, because we didn't even have space for it boxed. What we do have, we use/need down the road (too big stuff for the kids, off season, etc). We even got rid of stuff we were using, simply because of the downsize from a 5bd rental to our 2bd house.

The only stuff we don't need now is my maternity stuff... and that'll be thrown in boxes somewhere in case we try again...

Yeah... the baby is gone. I've cried and screamed so much... I don't have the energy to anymore, but can't sleep.

I'll check in from time to time, and update if the house goes through. I have to figure out how to tell the kids after school today

June 2nd, 2014, 06:30 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
DFK, so sorry about your loss!!

COB, congrats!

I know I read tons of other stuff. Next-to-last day in Puerto Rico, and today is my sister's graduation. Enjoying the time, but I'll be happy to be back home with all my babies again!!

New picture in progress......
June 2nd, 2014, 06:47 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DFK, I'm so sorry. I'm praying you will heal quickly.

I somehow strained my back or something yesterday. I couldn't barely walk last night and just stayed in bed. It still hurts today. But I have things to do, but I'm doing them slowly
June 2nd, 2014, 08:25 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry DFK

June 2nd, 2014, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Very sorry DFK
June 2nd, 2014, 09:25 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
OOh DeathFK sorry to hear that you lost the pregnancy! my thoughts are with you.

good luck with graduation halfdozen.

FW hope your back gets better!
June 2nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear that DFK
June 2nd, 2014, 02:42 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
sorry to hear of your loss DFK
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 2nd, 2014, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss DFK.

I will try and be around a bit more, some of you ladies probably don't know me or remember me

June 2nd, 2014, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
dfk -- my condolences. i pray that talking to your kids will go better than you anticipate.

mari -- we know you!!! speak up a bit more and the newbies will learn to love you too!

shouldn't some of you preggers be finding out the sex of your babies pretty soon? i am anxious.

~~terre~~
June 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I think jen's is coming up soon.

DFK I'm so sorry, big cyber hugs!

Small houses are doable we have a small house, similar in year to the one you are looking T you just have to be creative.

Our well pump died. No water till Wednesday
June 2nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
^ Ours died last summer! 2k to get a new one /smh. I love being on a well (but our new house, should it go through everything fine, is 'city' instead). I liked having a well/septic instead of having monthly payments for both. Oh well... at least for being in a city... it's tiny and rural, and quiet.

The inspection is being done tomorrow, hopefully everything passes... and then the bank moves quickly. DH needs to get in touch with the company that took our house and see if he can get them to postpone taking us to court/sending the sheriff out til we can get it closed.

Thanks everyone The doctor compared my 5w u/s and the one at the hospital this weekend, and said the baby quit growing around 6w. She said we can ttc in Aug... not sure if I'll be okay then, I'm scared of this happening a 3rd time. I'll wear really baggy stuff if/when we do, so DSs can't tell as early. My oldest is really upset.

June 3rd, 2014, 04:38 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hey COB, waves!!

Terre, mine is Friday. I say boy, dh says girl. We have a boy name, no girl name. I made dh a list. He is no help.

sorry about the well.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 3rd, 2014, 06:31 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
To fix our is about $1,200, so not great, but it could have been worse. I told the guy to tell my landlords I'd pay a little more towards rent if they wanted. The well guy was like it's their responsibility. Which I know, but I always feel bad, and yet other then when the tree fell on the house it's the only thing we ask them to fix. We do all other repairs and work that needs to be done. I don't know why I feel bad, but I do.

The only real pain is flushing the toilet, and showers but I can go up the road to my nephews or my MIL's if I have to. I really wanted to dye my hair.
June 3rd, 2014, 08:32 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Dont feel bad M2M thats got to the best part of renting. Leave it up to them to fix it guilt free, afterall it is your rent to them thats paying the property tax for them and they are somewhat profiting from your rent payments guilt free you are dream tenants and they know it. hopefully the fix wont take long.

Well said MIL! us newbies learn to love everyone!!

Fw hows your back feeling? Heating pads or pain patches help a little sometimes.
June 3rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What Amira said. Believe me, if the only thing they have paid for in all the years they have lived there is a well and a tree on the house, they are making a very nice profit off you.
Meanwhile, I have had a tenant who kicked up a fuss because they were told that they have to replace their own light bulbs and clean the dishwasher filter themselves.
deaths final kiss likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search