I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2351Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Girl names
Nahla (front runner)
Sanaa
Elayna
Ayanna

Maybe I like these, maybe I don't:
Seraphina
Amaya
Aria

Middle names- (yes, it has to be a J)
Jubilee
Journey
Juliet
#12 is on the way
June 3rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like Aria the most out of the first names. But then I did try to sell my husband on Ariadne once. That one didn't work. Nahla comes in a close second.

It's my oldest's 20th birthday tomorrow and I'm still waiting on her present that I ordered online three weeks ago. The online tracker thing is saying it's "In transit to post office" so I'm guessing it's not going to make today's mail run.
I'm thinking I might wrap up the online tracking number in a whole load of boxes so it's a giant present with a piece of paper inside.
UrbanMomma likes this.
June 3rd, 2014, 05:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Nahla and Elayna. I didn't know you knew it was a girl...congratulations! I ran out of girl names right away. My third was a week old before we named her. Even then it was only under duress...the Social Security lady from the hospital kept calling me, lol.

My a/c is broken, and it is bumming me out. It hasn't worked all spring and it is starting to get hot. We go back and forth with the landlord.... He's sending someone out to look at it again tomorrow, so I really hope they can get it going. I think the unit needs to be replaced.
June 3rd, 2014, 06:43 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like elaayna jubilee.

My back is better. Some morning vodeododo helped loosen it up a bit for the day.

Going to do cake for #2's 15th birthday.
June 3rd, 2014, 11:09 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
They're all pretty names, I like that they're either uncommon, or spelled differently than most!

What is vodeododo?

Well, we are 2 steps down on the house thing, the inspection passed today. Now we have to wait on the assessor and bank.

I just 'joined' the ttcal, and grief groups... not really sure what I want/can handle doing. Obviously, we won't ttc until we've settled into the new house (providing we get it). DH wants to try again, soon... he thinks 2 months is a long time to wait.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 4th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Vodeododo is how Laverne referred to fooling around on the hit 70s-80s comedy Laverne and shirley. It just pops out of me every so often.

Good luck with the house. I'm excited for you. How far along were you in this pregnancy?
HalfDozen likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My stupid is going to shine through here UM, sorry in advance lol, but don't you have a Nahla, or is it Nayla, and maybe it's my sister I'm thinking of. My memory is crap.

Happy Birthday to your oldest Cybele.

Good luck on the air conditioner!

And good luck on the house!

Todays the day we find out if we will have water or not. Yesterday they came out to pull the old pump, and.....it fell into the well. Then they tried to remove some kinda 'cap' (my woman's brain interpretation) and guess what? It fell in.

SO he thought okay, we'll run it along the old one, which is pretty normal, but they can't. The water is being blocked by something, so today he's coming back with a camera to stick down there and see what's going on. If they can't figure it out, it would require a new well, and as much as my landlords like us. I think that is something they wouldn't do.

So we might live in a 'dry' house while we try to figure out where to go from there, if it's not fixable. My 12 year old is freaked out at the thought. He doesn't handle change at all.
June 4th, 2014, 08:03 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Check ups at the dentist for the kids again seems like we live there.
Try to squeeze in a non-appt needed blood draw for Dd2.
Dinner.
5 baths (kids)
Night school
Late night shopping while kids are at school for outfits needed for school program.
thats my day.
June 4th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
a/c guy showed up 3 hours early! he says it needed freon so i am testing it out right now. hoping it works -- nights are just too hot for me.

trying to get focused back on my weight (i have gained back like 6 pounds) -- down 2+ pounds since monday. i am not on an official program -- just eating the way i did while i WAS on program. i need to exercise....a lot.

got the Rx yesterday and added the second dose a day to the mix. my face is already showing improvement. but geez, i can afford to do this again. did i tell you my antibiotics cost $225 for one month.....she better figure out what the problem is this time.

need to sew today.....my next class is friday morning.

~~terre~~
June 4th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My nerves have gone right to my stomach...two dang hours they've been out there. Okay that's not really long, but I can find enough to do to occupy my brain lol

MIL medication is crazy. Even though we pay out the bum for insurance, that we rarely use for medical purposes, they pay out more in Ted's med's then we do in monthly premiums.

Amira have some fun in your day also
June 4th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
heading out to find a store that sells annie sloane chalk paint and wax -- i have a headboard that needs finishing. plus i inherited a tall, thin, standing plant holder thingy that needs serious refinishing. was my grandma's but in such bad shape that sentiment is out the window. i will sand, prime and paint it too.

~~terre~~
June 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
OMG!!! $225. Thats insane.
I hope this works for you!!

M2M, hope the pump is fixed soon. And, no, no Nahla, or Niyah. I have a NaKiyaah, we call her Kya (which is kye (like bye) uh).

Happy Bday to #2.

went to the zoo, got rained on.
#12 is on the way
June 4th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Then it's my sister LMBO!

We have WATER!!!!! The first thing I did was flush the toilet lol. We can't drink it for a few days and should avoid a shower, but can do so at out own risk. It's fine for dishes and laundry though but if we have blond hair we have to avoid it cause we will end up with bright green air and if it's freshly died it will turn purple. He put chlorine in the well because of the d pipes being down there and cause if how much they stirred it up.
UrbanMomma and AmiraX4 like this.
June 4th, 2014, 02:21 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay, I'm glad they fixed the water!

Fw, I was almost 9w, but the u/S at the hospital showed the baby stopped growing by 7w.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 4th, 2014, 08:45 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
We bought a Honey (syrian) hamster! Her name will be Bella Bibbles! The hard part now is deciding where to put this 3 floor cage at. I dont want the 2 younger ones banging on the glass or bending the wire parts. Still on the look out for a nice young bearded dragon. I already have the name picked out---Flame!
deaths final kiss likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Bella Bibbles is such a cute hamster name.

I'm excited for dinner tonight, my daughter picked an Afghani restaurant for her birthday, turns out that they do a vegetarian banquet for $30 per head. Yum.
June 5th, 2014, 08:50 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thats a great price! Afghani food is pretty good. Some of the rice and lamb dishes are very similar to Saudi dishes.
Is your whole family vegitarian?

Well I figured out this morning the water bottle wasnt working so poor Bella Bibbles didnt get any water yesterday, thankfully our home is air conditioned so it wasnt that bad

Making imsaagah for dinner another of dh's fave dishes as he will leaving in a few days. Ds3 will be her for a few days before Dh gets back. Im just praying things go smoothly, no huge illnesses and thankful I dont have to worry about school expect 3 days next week.

didnt get time for Dd2's blood draw so thats today. Dh will be fertilizing the lawn today so thats out of the way. My bamboo stopped growing.

YAAAY for water M2M!

Nahla is a really pretty name UM and so is Sanaa! Love NaKiyaah!
June 5th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah. My husband's family are all vegetarian, he has a lot of family members who are Hindu and Hare Krishna, and even though his parents and siblings aren't, it just never occurred to them to eat meat? I don't know how it worked out, but it just seemed to roll into the next generation and the next. I stopped eating meat when I moved in with him, he didn't expect me to, I just did, that was... 23? years ago. Our kids, by default, have been raised vegetarian. I guess it rolls in with our faith pretty well too, the whole harm none thing.

The restaurant was really yummy. Definitely going back there again.

Amira, what's imsaagah?
June 5th, 2014, 07:57 PM
So I shouldn't gush on about the amazing. Turkey and bacon sandwich I had tonight.
June 5th, 2014, 11:00 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Cybele glad your dinner was good!
that dish a popular saudi dish and its basically ( doesnt sound very tastey upon reading its description but its yummy )
Its eggplant slices and tomato slices, onions cut into circles - these can be depfried or baked ( the fatening and unhealthy version deep fried is good but terrible unhealthy ) Ground lamb then put arranged nicely and baked in homemade ragu type tomato sauce.
very easy dish to make vegitarian.

I enjoyed 'gushing' on a Turkey bacon, tomato and avacodo toasted sandwich yesterday or day before !!

Went crazy today ended up at the 3 different pet stores buying all kinds of toys, chews, snacks, balls, himilayian salt, huts to hide in... who would have ever known??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search