I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2323Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i think i must have carpal tunnel syndrome, especially in my left wrist. wearing a brace today...right side not so much hurting yet.

~~terre~~
June 10th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope the brace helps Terre.

So, #1 is running for rodeo queen, and has to do her speech today. She is nervous! So am I! I hope she does well. Or at least that she feels she's done well.
MIL2lissy8 and AmiraX4 like this.
June 10th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hope her speech went great!
June 11th, 2014, 07:59 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Good luck to #1 #5!

Hope your arm feels better !

We now have a hamster AND 2 guinea pigs!! They are brothers. One month old babies. 1 peruvian and his brother is a silkie. Both are long hair. Long hair that litterally never stops growing. They willl require haircuts. sooo cute. and one of them has hair that grows towards his face and backwards on the back....so super cute that it actually looks like a little puppy. and the other is straight hair that feels like silk and just as long.
Names are Charlie ( nickname slick ) and Jynx.

I am almost done building them a 3 floor cage with ramps to each level. and big storage bins under the cage. its huge!! I somehow found it on youtube and they are sooo cool. Oh and btw for the building materials I only spent about 110.00-120.00 ( mostly the cost of the coroplast ) for this huge thing and the (what the pet store calls large ) large size cage in the pet store is pretty close to $100.00 and its the size of a corner of this cage! so big big savings and just tons of space.

Dh is gone and things are going great! miss him but so far have been kept super busy and still lots to do!
Today is Dd1 last day of school
Yesterday was Ds4's last.
Getting another steriod injection on Friday and also will find out the results of Dd2's blooddraw.
June 11th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last day of school for our kids too today.

I get to buy real food tomorrow. I'm not going to eat any pasta or rice. I'm going to eat meat!
HalfDozen likes this.

June 11th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Megan passed the written part of her cosmetology boards and she said she felt good enough to say she passed the practical side. Now that girl can get a job, well after I make the last payment to the school.

That's pretty much it around here, we're kinda boring right now.

Amira you'll have to share a pic of your hamster cage
#5in2005 and HalfDozen like this.
June 11th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! As some of you know, we own are own business and summer has been crazy busy and looks to keep up most of it. My dear hubby didn't want me to have to work so hard so we have a college guy who is working around our homestead for the summer. He mows our yard and is insulating our shed for winter. DH told him to check in with me every morning to see what I need done. Love that man.

So today he mowed and the kids and I used the mulch for our gardens. We worked all afternoon and now I'm tired. Lucky for me, DH called and said he's getting me my favorite take out pizza for dinner after the kiddos go to bed for a semi date night.

Feeling so blessed today! Hope all you ladies are well! I am feeling all of my almost 40 year old pregnant body this afternoon

June 11th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your dh sounds like a very sweet man COB.Yay for Megan M2M.
Our last day is tomorrow Repti. Enjoy the meat lol
I'd like to see a pic of that cage to Amira.

It's #2's grade 9 graduation tomorrow. Now a lot of people think a grade 9 grad is silly, but we're a small tight knit school so it's kind of a big deal when the kids leave.

#1 did well on her speech, she felt good about the day.
June 11th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to die.
June 11th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so incredibly bored......painted the legs on a side table, top will get done tomorrow maybe. got my headboard upstairs and guess what -- it is wider than my KING size bed. son has to make some adjustments or it isnt gonna be attached to the bed. but for now - it look pretty okay.

dinner was popcorn and margaritas tonight. feeling rebellious i guess.

~~terre~~
June 12th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Graduations are big out here also, heck they were when I lived in LA. Congrat's to her!

Let's see if I can explain this shortly. One of my dearest friends who I have known since the day I was born, cousin's husband, has been ill. I'd assumed it was cancer, but didn't want to ask cause I thought it would be tacky. Lately there was a revamp in postings of him in the hospital, and that he had to go to Texas where his treatments are. That I can't figure out cause they live in LA with some of the greatest hospitals, but again don't want to ask lol

Well last week she posted more on it. He has leukemia and is out of remission, today he is having a bone marrow transplant, luckily his dad was a perfect match. Maybe give a little prayer or good thoughts for them today.

They have 4 boys, and recently had their first daughter. They are such a cute little family.
June 12th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awe, that kind of thing is always so heartbreaking to hear.

FW, what's up?

Terre, your form of rebellion sounds good.

I have an abces and an appointment for a root canal

Someone stop the clock! I am feeling very emotional about the last day of school and #2 being done grade 9. Worse yet, I'll blink and #1 will be done grade 12. I love the ages my kids are now, I'd like it to stay like this for another few years. I'm so thankful I have a bunch of kids...
June 12th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
just a funny for the moment......as the names were called at the assembly this morning, there was a child named 'starlet knight' although i am not sure of the exact spelling. there's a creative parent for ya!

(from my f/b page -- had to share with ya'll)...
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
June 12th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You think they did that on purpose? I would assume so lol. My mom went to school with a Charlie Brown, and DH used to work on race cars for a little dirt track here for a guy named Dick Head (Richard). He even named his kid JR.. why would you do that?? lol

I'm eating buffalo chicken pizza and cookies for lunch. I will try not to eat the whole pizza

June 12th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I read back just a bit,
Repti- I about lost my lunch when I read your version of a puppy.....still laughing. I also have not much patience for a dog, but have plenty with a houseful of kiddos.

FW, I hope all is okay.

UM- love the family picture, you are all beauties! Congrats on the little boy!

Terre, hope you feel better soon

M2M, glad for water. We were out last year for 2-3 days and it's amazing how much we use!

Sorry if I missed someone. I had to take all 10 to the dentist this morning, for 8 of them to get cleanings. Take oldest back this afternoon to get braces OFF, and get prepared to get DD2's braces on soon.....yikes those are expensive. It costs about $5500 here for them, including all visits, retainers, etc.....does anyone else have a high needs dental family? They get that terrible gene from me.

June 12th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
funny you should talk about braces...i was just this past week noticing that its about time to get wyatt looked at for early intervention braces or whatever he will need....

~~terre~~
June 12th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
geez where are you all when i need you??? thats ok - i still love you....
deaths final kiss likes this.

~~terre~~
June 12th, 2014, 06:56 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been busy, trying to pack, and sort out my emotions about a lot of junk. The boys have been a handful this week! No update on the new house, this wait is killing me Dh and I are BD again, nervous, but hoping it doesnt take too long to get preg. I wish I had my af back, it would simplify the ttc process.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 12th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Loa cal news station used some of my pictures, I feel special lol

Fire crews responding to brush fire near Celebration Park | Local & Regional | Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Idaho News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News - KBOI 2
June 13th, 2014, 12:06 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Finally all caught up, but I can't remember much:

UM, congrats on the boy, and I love your picture!

MIL, as for gender, we had our anatomy scan just over 2 weeks ago, but we're not finding out. Hubby swears he saw a boy, but I feel like it's a girl. Guess we'll see in 4 1/2 months....

M2M, congrats to Megan on passing!

I'm visiting my family now so I can pick up the mini-van that my parents are giving us. I had to hitch a ride back with my in-laws (who had been at my house for over 2 weeks). My wonderful father-in-law smoked in the car throughout the 12-hour drive. And now my mother-in-law is not thrilled because I am spending less than 24 more hours at their house before I go back home on Sunday. You were just with my family for over 2 weeks!!!! Too bad!!! I'm crabby about it. I'm tired of being pulled in different directions. I wish one of our families would move away from the other so that I wouldn't even have to try to split time.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search