I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2435Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Terre, you left the conversation, so you can't blame us lol

June 13th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww geeez! no fun. i was so stressed yesterday and had no one to talk to. but thats ok. i still love you

~~terre~~
June 13th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no words to describe how bad my abcess under my tooth hurts at the moment.....I am waiting for my Tylenol with codeine to kick in. If that doesn't do it I'm going to do shots. Or something.

It was #2's grade 9 graduation yesterday, and everything went well. She is a good kid.
June 13th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Tooth pain is horrible. It's even worse when you're poor and can't afford ANY dental care.

We don't have dental insurance. I still have to fill out those packets for the low income place, then wait and wait and wait, and the kids will go first for $25-$50 each time they need to be seen depending where we fall on their scale each time, (more $$ for any procedures that need to be done). The wic lady lectured me about me going too, but the kids come first. Then she says there is a free clinic in Green Bay sometime this summer. Yeah.. with DH spending $300 a month in gas do you think *I* can afford to drive anywhere like that? no.

June 13th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I used to go the free clinic and I guarantee they are the reason for my fear/phobia. They were horribly brutal.
June 13th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get dental covered in our public health for under 18s, but adults have to pay.

I blame the school dental van for my fear of the dentist, as does my husband. In the 70s (and 80s I believe) there used to be this van that went around to all the primary schools doing free check ups, they were notorious for pulling teeth for no reason and not being very generous with the anesthetic.
I was lucky and got the anesthetic for my wobbly tooth that they said didn't need to waste time by coming out on it's own. My husband wasn't so lucky, apparently they didn't want to risk anesthetic with his heart condition, so they pulled out four of his baby teeth with no pain relief at all.

Last edited by cybele; June 13th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
June 13th, 2014, 07:45 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ w t f?? It's not like going to the dentist isn't traumatic enough.

So... the assessment is done, but still haven't heard from the bank... however the house insurance lady called to set up the policy... so... I'm thinking things are going through.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 14th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cybele my experience was similar to your husbands. Only my reactions to the shots made them just go ahead and pull without novacaine.

DFK fingers still crossed for you guys!

My husband texted me Happy Anniversary and threw it out there on FB. It was super sweet.....but it's next month lol
deaths final kiss likes this.
June 14th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That dentist stuff is awful! I'm so sorry.

Got me a new Great Pyrenees dog today. I really should be shot in the head, but we dog sat her a month or so ago and I knew her owner would be getting rid of her soon. As soon as she posted. She wanted to get rid of her two, I claimed the one. Renamed her Elsa from snow. She is so huge and beautiful and gentle and good. I love her.
June 14th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I've never had a really bad tooth experience, I just know getting the Novocaine injections in the front gums hurts like a MOTHER! I have a front tooth that needs filling, if that one gets any worse I would go immediately somewhere and just pay cash. I don't need to get ghetto-ing it with missing front teeth.

When you guys go to the vet does the vet weigh your dogs or just ask you how much they weigh? I never have ANY friggen clue. I'm like "I dunno, you guess... " lol

June 14th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Ours has a scale by the door. You just walk them on it on your way to the desk.
June 14th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Same as FW. Getting a cat to stay on one of those things is no easy feat though.
June 15th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I've been on iv antibiotics since friday night...my face started to swell a little by early friday evening, and by saturday morning I looked ridiculous. My dentist happened to be at the hospital for some reason, and so I saw him on saturday morning where he took a scalpel to my gums to drain the abcess. That is truely just as awful as it sounds. It's still a little swollen but feels much better than friday. Morphine didn't even touch the pain. And oh, my family.....my mom laughed at my appearance and told me I looked like I wasn't "all there" and my brother did not ask how I was doing, but did ask me to send a selfie.

Anyways, it's father's day. Hope you all have a good day
June 15th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Well that sounds miserable! Hope you feel better soon!
June 15th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
#5, that sounds beyond awful!

we had fun today -- i skipped church because i was being lazy....too long over my coffee. (forgive me Lord).

we bbq'd today at DH's reuqest -- i offered to cook so he could swim with everyone but noooooo ...he wanted to bbq. so we had hot dogs, hamburgers, brisket and chicken kabobs. only thing missing was the fish that one of the twins wants to 'cook' with me.

it was a fun afternoon. i am pooped now though. i need my melatonin so i can start winding down.

~~terre~~
June 16th, 2014, 07:58 AM
I'm so sorry #5. That does sound terrible. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm yelling at everyone doing math. Dh wants me to get back to. It sincere took off last week because of tech week and my all day sickness. So he sat everyone down for me to do math. Only all of them need instruction and help, so they are all cla mourning and asking for help. So I yelled at them all.
June 16th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I should be doing some work the the kids but it's been crazy. I'm thinking we just do a few things this week, but get back into it next week.

We had fathers day and 2 of the kids birthdays yesterday, oh and my MIL's helper came over to spend the day with us also. His family is in Mexico so we celebrated for them. He's such a sweet guy, sad that the only way he can make money is to come here (he's legal).
June 16th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When do you homeschoolers start your summer holidays? We had our first day today. My face is still working on getting better. I am very pleased my dentist didn't charge me for saturday morning! He makes plenty of money on me already, so that was nice.

These strong antibiotics I'm on give you a really 'tinny" taste in your mouth. I'm disappointed I haven't lost more weight.

I cleaned out #5's room today....it's all organized and clean, now it will be up to her to keep it that way for the rest of the summer. No excuses. I am going to do the same for the next 2 up. They come home with so much stuff from school that it takes a mom to organize it. But that's all I"m doing.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
June 16th, 2014, 10:16 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh got a call for an interview this morning! So nervous for tomorrow, this would be so amazing... Day shift, and higher pay. We are so tired of night shift and juggling bills. His mohawk is gone, and I have to trim his 6+ Inch goatee tonight. Hoping it isn't for no reason.

This week sucks, the boys' dad took them sun for fathers day, THEN told us he wasn't bringing them back for me to watch while he was working because he got them enrolled in daycare. He couldn't have told me in advance... Oh! And decided he's changing his pick up to Sun instead of Mon. I can't change or suggest we change anything without him flying into a violent rage. I've never been away from them for more than a day, aside from the vacay he took.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 17th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I hope all of you are feeling better~ sounds like a rough week to be a mama .
DFK, for the job, and I'm sorry about the kids.

AFM, we had storms last night, so cleaning up the yard today. Someone asked when homeschoolers start summer break....we school year round so our kiddos don't technically get a break. We take a few weeks off in the spring to get our gardens in and animals started, lots of hands on work there. In the fall, we take off a few weeks for harvest, freezing, drying, canning. By than we are more than ready to head back into schooling, because we are tired!
Hope everyone has a great day!
deaths final kiss likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search