I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2508Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2014, 03:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have fun #5
What's wrong FW?

Our local pizza place has changed owners, and they have a 'family dinner special' which is a family size pizza, family sized pasta, garlic bread roll, soft drink and tub of gelati. Well, we ordered two of those, plus an extra pasta and extra garlic bread. The delivery guy came over and said "Seems like you guys are having a big party, so here's an extra tub of gelati on the house".
Umm, nope. Just us plus my husband's sister and her 6yr old. Awkward, but hey, free gelati! The old owners were used to us and our orders.
June 22nd, 2014, 07:56 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cybele FW's tummy isn't a happy camper.

Free food? Hell, yeah!

Today my oldest is 23....23! Holy cow, my babies are growing up!
June 22nd, 2014, 10:30 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Whenever free icecream is involved.....its always good!!

FW hope your tummy feels better!

M2M is crazy how fast it goes! my oldest is just a bit older than yours and he is talking marriage already...!! strange but exciting...grandchildren ...ooh man it flies by.

Speaking of kids...we are going out to my older to boys house today and prep things for Ds3 in a couple of days. need to get tons of food stocked and his room ect.

So stupid as I am, when went shopping (for the guinea pigs floors on the cage) for "fleece" I got wrapped up finding the cutest patterns I could, that I ended up buying 6 different pieces of "flannel" instead??!! Yup thats how much I know about fabric and sewing and all that...loool...so now I get to go do that all over again. fun..with 5 bored kids running through the things of fabric..lool,, so now I guess I have cute cleaning rags!

2 problems,
1.) the light on our Odessy is saying 15% oil life maintence update needed--
2.) Just recieved a card from the Honda dealership saying the premium warranty whatever package thing is up and we need to purchase something or another ...??/?
Great time for Dh to be out of the country!!
too bad we cant all fit into the toyota ---
June 22nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sorry FW. is it always this bad?

~~terre~~
June 23rd, 2014, 06:36 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how is it bad that you need an oil change? Plus you still have time, the only thing will be that annoying light every time you start the van. I wouldn't recommend a secondary warranty to anyone. This is how they work. Say you get a 10 year warranty for $30. Your oil change every year is $10, air filters are $15, tire rotation is $5, whatever else there is for regular maintenance. So you've paid over $350 over 10 years and then all of a sudden your transmission falls out. It costs $200. "Well OF COURSE we'll cover it! It's part of your warranty!" Get it? Not worth the cost.
And yes, they will deny your claim for not changing an air filter or something simple.

June 23rd, 2014, 06:52 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
hello.

Needing an oil change is only a pain in the *** when you can't afford it. Sometimes even $20 just isn't on the books. Yeah, you can DIY, but it costs just as much and you have to dispose of the used oil.

My oldest and his fiancee are getting married July 19th, in the park. Just a simple ceremony, reception to follow in a few weeks.
MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 23rd, 2014, 08:05 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I wouldn't do the second warranty either, everything I've read says not to do it.

Out here oil changes can take hours, kinda redunkulous, which is why I always try to find an older kid to do it lol

My anniversary is July 14th. My husband thought it was last month, but hey he had the date right lol
June 23rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol M2M

UM, that's exciting they picked a day. Show us a pic after.

I hate car stuff, paricularly when there's no dh to consult or take care of it.

FW, are you feeling better?
June 23rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do oil changes myself. It's cheaper in the long run because you don't use the whole container of oil, so it lasts a few changes. Also our mecganic is a PITA to book into.

Congrats to your oldest UM.
June 23rd, 2014, 04:31 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The job for dh was a no-go. He hired 2 other guys. We ruined his hair and goatee for nothing... Just to find out what we already know. Unless you have vast experience, or credit, nobody will give you the chance to gain either.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 24th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry DFK, sam has taken her piercings out, changed her hair color, etc,. all for the same reasons. It grows back and everything goes back into place. SHe's taking a waitressing job so that she can go back to being herself and it's at a busy place so she should be making about the same money as she was before. She asked about her tattoo's and the guy said as long as they aren't offensive, so she asked if the gun on her arm was. The guy laughed and asked her if she realized what state she was in?
deaths final kiss likes this.
June 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the bad news DFK. Hope he's able to find something soon.

#1 wrote her last exam today and is done grade 11. #2 has been working all week. #3 has 4 friends over for a sleepover. #4 is at a birthday party. #5 had a friend over for a sleepover too.

It's my birthday today, dh is gone all day but we're going on a date tomorrow. My mom came over this morning, and my sil and kids are coming over this afternoon and I have a few girlfriends coming over tonight to have a mocktail (I'm still on antibiotics so I can't have wine). My 91 year old Oma called this morning, she calls once a year, love having those few minutes with her.

It's my nephews birthday today too, and sil (different one than the one that's coming this afternoon) did not invite my parents over. There's been times that I've had a really really hard time with my inlaws, but I've never left them out of kids birthdays.
June 24th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not at all amused by this new Tammy movie that is out.
June 24th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Bwahahaha Tammy.
June 24th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tammy?

Sorry to hear he didn't get the job DFK. I guess I have to appreciate how lucky I am to live in Melbourne, which is fairly liberal, arts-centered and a little 'different'. It would never occur to me to remove facial piercings, cover tattoos or to have a man shave before a job interview, and I'm the one who does recruitment at my work.

Happy birthday #5!

We're trying to plan my oldest's partner's 21st. Her parents aren't popping into Australia for that one, surprise surprise. Her grandparents from interstate aren't speaking to her anymore either. I'm just annoyed at how poorly she is treated by her family.
June 24th, 2014, 09:16 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tammy looks funny though! Lol

yeah, a lot of places don't care about hair, tattoos, or piercings once you have the job. It's so bad for jobs around here though, someone always has more experience.

Today's been stressful. We just got served a summons for the eviction, which is supposed to happen the 1st. Our new house doesn't close til the 30th, providing there are no delays. Trying to get them to push it back a few weeks. Then 2 of my friends just announced theyre due in january. That hit hard. Especially since one of them told me she was preg when I had my first mc too, so it's twice now. Definitely have too many emotions flooding in that I dont want to feel.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 25th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else get really annoyed by inaccuracies in TV shows? We have this family drama show here called Offspring, I'm not an avid watcher, but I catch an episode here or there. So the 2yr old nephew of the main character has liver failure and needs a living donor, but the only two people in this huge family with type O+ blood is the kid's grandmother who is an alcoholic, and the main character. Then they polled everyone at the workplace of another relative, and no one in this whole workplace has type O+ blood. I just looked up on the red cross website and 40% of people in Australia have type O+ blood. It is the most common blood type in the world. If you were writing this script, why would you pick that blood type? Wouldn't you make the kid AB-? Or at least a B-?
This is really bugging me.
HalfDozen likes this.
June 25th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cy, FW's name is Tammy. Sorry about girlfriends parents, it sounds like they washed their hands of her long ago.

DFK hang in there.

As a rule I don't pay close enough attention to notice the stupid in shows and movies. Sometimes I'll notice someone 'playing" an instrument, or 'cutting' hair, and know it's all wrong so it will bug me.

O+ is the most common blood type period from what I understand. My whole family is 0+ lol
June 25th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so behind with things on here. I'm going to have to start keeping a notepad of notes on you guts next to my computer

By the way, alcoholic grandma had a magic liver that was unaffected by her alcoholism, making the whole on hour episode about the main character's agonising decision whether to donate or not mute, because the last 5 minutes was "I have a magic liver" "hooray let's do surgery" "surgery is done everyone is alive".
I swear this show is getting worse each season.
June 25th, 2014, 02:33 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Well, at least that sounds like adult tv, cybele. I noticed where an episode of Super Why still had a container of carrots on the shelf after they had removed it the other day. Then in the next scene it was gone again. LOL!

I'm pretty excited because hubby decided we'll get Chinese tonight. No cooking for me! Woo hoo!!!

New picture in progress......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search