I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2288Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I cannot tolerate Super Why, I am so glad it's come off free to air here, and we don't have cable, so it's all good. Well, we have this weird set up through the xbox where we can buy individual channels for a month, but we really only ever buy music channels and movie channels.

Now I want Chinese food.
June 25th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh ladies, i am tired!!! busy day and went back to the gym this morning. can figure out why my joints hurt (mostly my hands and feet). i am sure walking the treadmill didnt help but i gotta keep moving.

i am so hot tonight - literally sweaty hot! i have the a/c to 70 upstairs so it can be chilly for me when i get up there.

~~terre~~
June 25th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we used to watch super why a lot here.....duh 'super wyatt'....
HalfDozen likes this.

~~terre~~
June 25th, 2014, 09:20 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
I need to start working out again, it usually helps with my stress and depression, but my anxiety is too bad to work out (or even be) around people now, so hopefully after this move, we can set up an area in our basement until I 'normalize' and can be comfortable around people again.

I've never heard of that show I tend to watch cop show reruns during the day as background entertainment while I do stuff... csi, cold case, criminal minds, etc. But we're planning on getting rid of the satellite when we move because it's supposed to be $70 a month, but somehow it's always double that... and none of the people speak english well enough to explain anything, or understand what we're asking. /facepalm

cybelle, what do you use to buy channels on the xbox? Is it just an AU thing? How much is a channel? We watch maybe 10 of the 150 that come in the package, it seems dumb to pay for them all.

So... I heard today that the closing papers are being signed FRIDAY! Not sure if that means we get the keys on Friday, or how that all works, but it's coming along. And not a minute too soon. We got served summons papers for court, and the sheriff will soon be involved if we can't get them to push back our date from the 1st (which they said they could petition for, so we can move over a few days instead of overnight... but we haven't heard back).

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

June 25th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It might just be an Australian thing, one of the companies that offer cable here, Foxtel, stream it via the internet, initially it just went through the xbox but I think you can do it through a ps4 now too.
We don't have cable cables (if that makes sense) in my area because of the trees, and our house is too low down for a satellite dish, again trees.
They're $7 each for the month, or you can get a 'genre pack' for $25 so they lump, say, 6 kids channels together.

I've always gotten keys on signing papers, so fingers crossed you do.
deaths final kiss likes this.
June 26th, 2014, 06:03 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
DFK, we've also always gotten keys on closing so good luck!!

My older girls never watched Super Why, but I guess I'm not sure how long it's been on. #4 loves it, and Dora, and Bubble Guppies. Now she's interested in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because my nephew watches it, too.

June 26th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cybele is kinda sounds like our version of Netflix or Hulu, but with a twist.

Never bought a house, but I've always been told keys were given at the time of the signing.

Still nothing exciting here. Kailyn did tell me I was disgusting for eating meat while she gagged at the table lol
June 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
More rain and canning today . Hope everyone is well!

June 27th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Crazy storms here too!

It closed today, but we don't get keys til monday.
HalfDozen likes this.

June 28th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good for you guys!!! now did you get the other part worked out for the prior residence? will they give you time to move?

~~terre~~
June 29th, 2014, 12:25 AM
I have no idea. We have called their lawyers and left multiple messages, and also the company that owns it. They won't call back. We've talked to the lawyers ONCE since feb, and left so many messages trying to get in touch and figute it all out.

The seller met with me, and gave me her keys today. We (Dh and hopefully a friend or two) Need to pull out all the basement carpet tomorrow. It smells like cat sooo badly. Last time I thought it might have been my sensitive preg nose, since dh didn't notice... But it's there. I'm super allergic, my eyes and nose have been killing me since I was there.

I also got a "New" 3rd row durango today! We traded hubby's motorcycle straight across for it. Still need to sell my bike, we never get to ride anymore But we'll get new ones when the kids are older.

Tonight was so stressful though! We went to meet dh on his lunch break. Left the house at 8, only to realize ds2 Didnt put my house and driveway gate keys back on my lanyard, so we couldn't drive anywhere, or get back in the house. Dh works til at least 3, expected to all be stuck in the truck til then. Managed to get a ladder down from the garage, ended up cutting out the bathroom screen, and getting in through a freaking 6" By 14ish window. Not letting #2 Unlock anything for a loooong time. /Smh

June 29th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear, what an adventure. Last time I got locked out of the house, which was a few years ago I had to climb on the roof, climb through the manhole and try not to land on the washing machine.
June 29th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I've locked us out of the house a few times (which is funny seeing as we rarely lock our doors) and had to break in, luckily for me our house is pretty easy to break into lol

Nothing new here, Megan got a job and starts tomorrow. SHe had 3 interviews it was crazy, but she's excited and even more excited cause she get's to wear yoga pants everyday
June 29th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we barely lock doors here either. I've locked us out once. I stuck Sydney through the window part that used to be broken above the AC lol It probably would have been easier to cut the screen in one of the bathroom windows or the window in our hallway, but oh well.

Good luck on moving! Trades are nice too. My husband is either going to sell one of his boats (he's got two now) or trade it for like an 80hp motor for a new boat that his friend got, or maybe an ATV for ice fishing.

June 29th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We lock our doors at night or if we're gone overnight, otherwise we really never do.

It's a rainy day here, but the forecast is great so it's okay. We're enjoying a nice quiet sunday.
June 29th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mwahaha, I know something my 14yr old doesn't know. She had a job interview at a CD/DVD/electronics store and they just called our house to say she got the job, only she's at school which is why she isn't answering her mobile. She's working Thursdays 3pm-8pm and Sundays 9am-5pm,and I had to agree to that on her behalf.
I'm going to deal with this in a 'mature' manner and dance around her all evening going "I know something you don't know na nee na nee nana".
MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.
June 30th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
about locking doors....not only do i lock my doors when i leave, but i lock them when i am home, i lock my car in my own driveway and i even lock my bedroom door when i am home alone and need a shower. am i paranoid or is just that i live in a paranoid part of the country? i am not alone in this around here...

~~terre~~
June 30th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Super Mommy
I lock the doors, windows and car at night or if i am napping or showering. I live in a half decent community but the part I live in has a lot of drug addicts. Theres a bunch of apartments and things tend to go missing around here. It sucks
June 30th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I lock everything constantly. I hate having ground floor windows open, even when I'm awake. I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, I just don't trust anyone

We have some sketchy looking neighbors at the new house. Lots of crappy cars, and thuggish looking "kids" (20s?) in and out all the time. And we've only been out there a few times, lol... I'm hoping we have some nice neighbors. Or, at least, quiet ones that aren't nosy!

Someone is parking directly in front of our house, and it's really freaking annoying. Not sure which house they live in, but we have to figure it out and ask them to move it. We couldn't even back the truck in where we wanted it to load the gross carpet into it from the house. I'm glad it's a small town, but I'd much rather have NO neighbors.

July 1st, 2014, 02:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a deadlock on my front door. 95% of the time it's set to unlocked when someone is home, but when the wind slams it behind me for some reason it's always on the locked setting. Funny how that works.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search