I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2316Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2014, 07:01 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We lock up at night. Only from habit of living in town.

At my first ob appt. it isn't twins! Thank god, though that would have made it interesting.
July 1st, 2014, 08:00 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm disappointed in you FW! psh twins would have been awesome!

We don't lock cause we have nothing to really fear. If someone did get in they'd run right back out. My dogs are not stranger friendly.
July 1st, 2014, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a very large, very grumpy cat named Rupert. The parcelpost man is scared of him.
We have a guard-cat.
Kelz88 likes this.
July 2nd, 2014, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
our chihuahua thinks it's a guard dog.

How many weeks are you now FW?

The weather has been great. I love summer. Today is my last day of home organization with a trip to the thrift store, bottle depot and recycling place.
July 2nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We used to have a guard chicken named One Eyed Jack lol he was a mean *******!

We have been hot, HOT, so much for a cool 4th of July.
July 2nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Yay, FW! My midwife gave me a scare thinking it was twins, but after 2 ultrasounds, definitely only 1. That would have really pushed hubby over the edge.

It's hot, hot, hot here, too. Of course, I hate the heat! Good thing we have central air. #1 is trying to talk me into going to the lake today, but I really hate lakes....

July 2nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking some of you would classify it as warm when we're dying of heat. It's 73 degrees now, and we consider this on the verge of hot. Tomorrow is supposed to be 84, and we haven't had that since probably last year august. I say bring it, with the kind of winter we've had we're ready for some heat!
July 2nd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's only 73 here and we have our central air on. I think pregnancy makes my body about 100 degrees hotter. I don't know how your southern ladies do it .

I'm 14 weeks and finally starting to come out of the fog, I think. The kids and hubby are happy that I at least feel like cooking again
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.

July 2nd, 2014, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we had high 90's today, as far as i know. my a/c is still running!!!

i wish some of you were close enough by to enjoy our beautiful pool. it'd be so fun!!!

~~terre~~
July 2nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm very jealous of some of the summer heat you guys have. 110 is 'normal' around here for summer.
July 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
It's between 95-100* here. I stay in the house or in the pool. THe pool is actually too hot now though. The springs are awesome but too crowded, far, etc.

I'm 10 weeks. Had my first appt. finally let the kids know. Turns out they have known all along because #3 got nebby in my texts. We were all laughing and goofing off at dinner last night and it came out. So #3 says she knew from nebbish in my texts, #2 says she knew because of so ethi g else funny but I can't remember what, then #3 says "I knew when you locked the door!" I cracked up. I think that is the funniest thing she has said to me.
July 3rd, 2014, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i pulled out the stinkin' 'daisy' plants and weeds this morning...it almost all cleaned out. it was so hot today -- 100 degrees at least. i finished outside and decided to take off my shirt and jump in the pool in a sports bra and shorts. it was awesome!

now i am sleepy. oh and of course at dinner tonight i realized there is a plumbing leak under the kitchen sink. thus, the kitchen is a mess and i hand washed all the dished with a bucket underneath to catch the drips. hoping the landlord gets her in the early morning like he said he will and takes care of it.

~~terre~~
July 4th, 2014, 12:15 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Pretty hot here too! trying to plan a vacation and enjoying the summer with everybody together again.

We lock our cars all the time. even in the closed garage. Our doors are always locked. Live in a great neighborhood but you just never know....

Life is SOOOO AWESOME!! got ALL my babies together again!!! ( well maybe most are not babies anymore but...)
Just dont have enough time in the days anymore. We put on a pretty spectacular fireworks show last night for the neighborhood. and finished up with icecream. Tonight we will do more but radomly and will be going to watch an actual fireworks show. Should be fun.

The guinea pigs are doing great and growing by the minute. Introduced 'Orchard grass' and alfafa hay along with the timothy hay and those boys love the orchard grass. Been giving them way to much fruit and veg so am slowing down on that and becoming obessed with buying fleece and toys for them still and once again remoled the cage again now an L shape and 1 floor about 20ft long and 2nd floor just a 3 ft kitchen ( still being built ) and looking for 2 females to add.
mom2many2010 likes this.
July 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
had a nice, quiet (more quiet than normal) 4th of july afternoon. friends over, good food, a couple grand-kids and a pool in the heat of the day.

~~terre~~
July 6th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds good Terre! Do you get the humidity at all? We do. Today is 90 and humid, so it feels icky. Great Grandparents just got back from Arizona yesterday and they said it was 112 in AZ, but it feels worse here at 90 and humid. I was just curious, and rambling. On the plus side, our garden is growing like crazy.

July 7th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Getting two boys off to camp for a week. They are so excited. Two girls teaching art camp this week. They are not excited but they will get paid well. Two littles going to art camp this week. They are very excited.
July 7th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I sent one off to camp yesterday, #4. Good thing #5 has some entertainment planned for this week. #2 has been busy working at our neighbor's/friends farm. It's a total win, because she came mostly trained from doing our farm stuff, she likes it, they like her and she gets paid well for a 15 year old ($13/hr). #1 is getting concerned about her finances and moving out next year, so she will spend next summer working all the time. We went to a jr rodeo the other day, and #3 has lived in her older sisters shadows when it comes to horses, but she beat them both in an event the other day, so she was smiling quite big.

I have cleaned and organized my entire house/garage in the past few weeks. This is great, except that I don't have any excuses left to not get started on my bookkeeping.
July 7th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh yes mari -- it has been humid which we are not as used to. it plain sux here. the a/c runs all day long.

~~terre~~
July 8th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How can you not be excited about art camp? That sounds fantastic. I would have enjoyed art camp.
July 8th, 2014, 04:46 AM
They are teaching the 4-7yos. They aren't going to art camp, they are helping. Not nearly as much fun as being the 4-7yos.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search