I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2560Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A parent of a kid in my 6yr old's class just posted on the facebook wall of one of the major supermarkets here a picture of her receipt showing $4.99 for raisin bread, which is pretty normal for here. She's posted this big, long rant about how it was advertised for $2.50 and how terrible the supermarket is for scanning at the wrong price, bla bla bla.
We happen to have the catalogue for that supermarket on top of the big pile of crap near the doorway, I open it up, yep, $2.50 for a different brand.
I'm biting my fingers trying not to type out a comment. I'm not hugely fond of this woman in the first place, so it's all too tempting to point out that it's her mistake not the supermarket's.
But why oh why do people jump the gun and go on little tirades before getting the facts? How hard would it have been to go "Oh, that's not right" and either ring the supermarket if she were at home or go up to the customer service desk if she were still there and ask about it?
UrbanMomma and mom2many2010 like this.
July 20th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Oooh, I'd have a hard time biting my tounge on that, too! I have a few women I'm not super fond of on FB but have to maintain the connection for various reasons and I'm pretty good about glossing over it, but one in particular gets under my skin and is CONSTANTLY posting unresearched or out right hoax articles with health "information" 9/10 of the time I just scroll past, but sometimes she catches me in a mood and I hit post before I can stop myself.
UrbanMomma and mom2many2010 like this.

July 20th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh even better, infographics! I don't know at what point infographics became the be all and end all of knowledge, but my goodness I've seen some stupid ones that are just so factually incorrect.
July 20th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still feeling kind of yuck off and on. Had a rough weekend but I think it might be stress. We are still having dog trouble and I'm trying to rehome them but no one wants them.
July 20th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just had to pick my youngest up from school, he had a fever and was coughing up gunk, which is really weird because he was fine this morning, no cough at all. That came on fast.
mom2many2010 likes this.
July 21st, 2014, 01:32 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hope he feels better Cybele!

The kids, Ds3 and I HAND WASHED both cars!! I was suprised how much the kids liked doing that. We even went and got tire and chrome shiner AND wax. Now just have to take it in to have someone vacuum it.

My flower baskets are still alive and very beautiful.
Jenilope and mom2many2010 like this.
July 21st, 2014, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
jenilope, your post about your hopes for the future when visiting your family is right on the money!!! i used to freak out when i knew family was gonna be by. it would take me all day to clean everything and i mean really clean and shine. i had 4 kids in my house and usually many more, and it was tidy but lived in. i got a lot of judgement from family and really got all worked up over company. then one day, i just didn't care anymore. they will think what ever they want...my house is and always has been clean and tidy and totally acceptable to me. let me tell you that it lifted a lot of stress off my shoulders and made entertaining a whole lot easier. i still keep a nice house and my kids still tell me i overdo it sometimes in my expectations of everyday chores, but hey, its my house.
Jenilope likes this.

~~terre~~
July 21st, 2014, 10:47 AM
My sister wants us to go to ca to visit our old step mother (she was with our dad from when I was about 8-18 off and on, married and divorced at the end). She has dementia and in failing health and mys sister has really wanted to go see her since finding all this out last year.

We live in fl. I don't have any money. She is almost willing to pay my way. Dh is not amused at the idea at all. But if it was his option to go, he would already be packed and I would be happy for him.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
July 23rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hi ladies! Not much here, we did have a pretty thunder and lightning storm last night.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 23rd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am tired! Last couple days spent celebrating birthdays (my girls are a day apart by three years) and tomorrow will be another full day. Doctor appt tonight, will hopefully get first ultrasound scheduled. I want to see this little one's heartbeat, know everything's okay!
July 24th, 2014, 10:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Okay, ready to jump back in. The last two weeks have been full of mostly heartbreak and stress. I am overly tired still.

I can't read back. Not even sure where I left off. Sorry.

Missed everyone though.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 24th, 2014, 12:42 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
FW... Dementia is a cruel illness and tragic. I totally understand the traveling part when it comes to Dh staying for extended time with the running of the home...not so happy thoughts usually on their part. Hopefully it will work out for you.

M2M....Those kind of storms are fun at times and I love the sound of rain splashing on the floor.

Um...please find a way to get some rest.
July 24th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I booked the plane and hotel! With my sisters credit card! We are going to have a blast. Except for the visiting of the step mother. But the rest will be great!
Jenilope likes this.
July 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so, tammy, where do i fit into this??????

~~terre~~
July 24th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I am jealous you might get to meet!! Have fun in Cali!!

I cooked for the husband tonight, first time since the baby passed, we had been existing on crappy food. I picked the greens from my garden, made those and pork chops, mac n cheese, cornbread and jelly cake. The kids were happy too. LOL

My mom is getting a tattoo now. For Caleb. I cant wait to see!!
Jenilope likes this.
July 24th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Mil, Im Thinking dinner on aug 25. Can you meet us at the hotel and walk somewhere? We won't have a car or a map.

I think I ate some bad turkey. Is it supposed to taste like bananas?
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
July 24th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think turkey and bananas should taste anything alike.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 25th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Going to my husbands cousins wedding tomorrow. Not sure why they are having a big white wedding with all the "glitz and glam" when they have been together for years and have three kids. Maybe it is just me, but I don't think that when you have been together, have kids and an established household, you need a big "look at me" wedding and request gifts and all.

Of course his whole family is posting all over FB how they are getting ready for the wedding now, mani's, pedi's, hair do's....

Whatever.
deaths final kiss likes this.
July 25th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Going to my husbands cousins wedding tomorrow. Not sure why they are having a big white wedding with all the "glitz and glam" when they have been together for years and have three kids. Maybe it is just me, but I don't think that when you have been together, have kids and an established household, you need a big "look at me" wedding and request gifts and all.

Of course his whole family is posting all over FB how they are getting ready for the wedding now, mani's, pedi's, hair do's....

Whatever.
Have fun at the wedding (usually their anything but, I may be weird though in just not enjoying such things). I agree with you about the big wedding after already being together and having kids, just to go to the Justice of the Peace at that point then through a party afterwards.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
July 25th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
tammy - i will have a car so we can drive around and site see if you like. again, does mexican interest you? i will see what restaurants are in the area but our favorite restaurant ever is within about 15 minutes of there according to my DH. this is gonna be fun!
Jenilope likes this.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search