I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2354Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Eh, I don't believe there is a 'life limit' on a full on wedding. It's a big party to celebrate loving someone, I don't believe you ever go too far in your life to not be entitled to celebrate that as grandly as you choose to.

I did the flowers for a wedding two weeks ago, the bride and groom were in their 70's, they each had great-grandchildren and in the initial consult the bride told me that she was pregnant before marriage, so her parents rushed her off to the courthouse before the kid came, so now, for her second marriage, we was having the wedding she didn't get to have the first time around. I thought that was amazing.
July 26th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That story is sweet Cy, I think at 70 she deserves whatever she wants.

Trying to uninstall about 50 things off one computer and it is slow, slow, slow going.
July 26th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
UM I'm glad you're back. You've been in my prayers and I've been wondering how you were doing.

FW and MIL--how exciting you'll get to meet! Enjoy the trip!

My hubby has his 20 yr HS reunion tonight, it's just a few blocks from us so we hired a sitter and are getting dressed up and going. He said if it's lame we'll just leave and go somewhere we like. I'm very excited for a night out!
~mommy~ and AmiraX4 like this.

July 27th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have fun Jenilope.

My 14yr old is sulking because the Masterchef semi final is on and she made a huge song and dance about how Emilia is chosen to win because of how the semi finals have been marketed, and how it's sooooo obvious when you know how to watch properly and not just watch what's being fed to you, and Emilia was just eliminated, now the others are picking on her.
Dammit kid, you set yourself up for that one.
mom2many2010 and AmiraX4 like this.
July 27th, 2014, 06:06 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Wedding sucked, was big, but dollar store-ish. I am not a fan of weddings anyway.

Dh decided to change our plans, which were wedding, skip reception (his idea) and go to eat at a restaurant we had a gift certificate for, since we never get any quiet time to ourselves.

Instead we went to wedding, stopped at the house of an old friend of his, then we went to reception late so it was packed full and there was no seating, so we left after 30 minutes and went home. No dinner, no food, and I waited all day to eat, so I was really hungry. I had three cheese sticks for dinner and went to bed to read. He then proceeded to tell me it is all my fault he never gets to see his family......whatever.

Jen, hope you had a nice time.
#12 is on the way
July 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hey ladies!! hos everyone? it seems quiet on here lately....do we need a GTKY thread again since we have so many newbies?
#5in2005 likes this.

~~terre~~
July 27th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it may be time for another one
July 27th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
The reunion was nice, and we found out a handful of people had moved back to town and 2 will even have kids attending the same elementary school, so we're getting play dates set up. Hubby looked super handsome in his suit and it was nice to go out "late" and just be grown ups for an evening.

Back to the usual grind tomorrow.

UM, that stinks that you didn't even get dinner. What a disappointment. I hope you guys get a chance to use that gift certificate and have a nice evening out soon.

July 28th, 2014, 01:16 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I have my Dd1 doing Kartwheels all around the house!! When she wants to get some water, kartwheels to the kitchen, when Im trying to talk to her, Kartwheels!! when she has to go to sleep, Kartwheels. She does so many Kartwheels that my Ds2 did a few himself...woow...thats weird to seee because he is over 6ft tall!!

Tomorrow will be a super fun, we are celebrating and its really for 3 days but with exstentions 2 different times. and will be going "camping" on the weekend. I have told everyone that we will leave the option of leaving the campground just before closing and staying else where and then just drive back into the camp when we wake up and shower and all that. But the boys will be putting up all the tents and out door lighting to make it feel like we are. I think the younger kids are more excited about the water activities and things anyways. We will see though.

Jenilope thats great that it worked out well and you were able to reconnect and get plans going for you and kids.

Cybele that it is sweet and there are sometimes when the 'reasons' for a later wedding are not shared so I believe if celebrating something makes you feel good and improves surroundiings...go for it.
July 28th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had the cartwheels when my 14yr old started gymnastics years ago and I complained then, now that she has moved on to circustry I wish I had the cartwheels back.

Amira, why aren't you planning on staying at the campground?

When I got home from work today I discovered that my 14yr old has dyed a big blue chunk in the side of my 12yr old's hair, 'atomic turqouise' to be exact. That's all well and good for my 14yr old's school, she goes to a community school that doesn't care about these things, half the school has coloured hair, but 12yr old goes to regular pubic school which I am sure will. We will see how that one pans out, but I am expecting a phone call tomorrow.
July 28th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
today is my 'chore day'. laundry etc...i will write a new GTKY soon!!! all is well here, btw. a friend is coming in from the boston, mass area and i will get to visit with her on friday -- so looking forward to that!!!

fun times about the hair, cybele. what is they say change it (they would here).

~~terre~~
July 28th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I read back a little, so I'm somewhat caught up. My brother's twins were born last monday. One is doing very well, room air and just a feeding tube. The other little guy was on Cpap for 5 days, and is on O2 right now, but he's still struggling a little bit. I can't wait to meet them, but for now it's siblings and grandparents only. I'll probably have to keep patient for a few weeks longer (at least).
I had a great time in Montana with dh and kids. Everyone was ready to go home except for me, I could have easily stayed away for a few more days. But back to life it is.
mom2many2010 likes this.
July 28th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Hope you get to meet the twins soon!!
#5in2005 likes this.
#12 is on the way
July 28th, 2014, 06:28 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought I'd be less stressed, and have more time to breathe after we moved. Not the case. So many little things going wrong, and adding up to money we don't have. And the boys' dad isn't making anything easy with this shared custody arrangement, it's all "his way". The last week of daycare is a full week before school starts (which is MY week, he's taking his "vacation" that week, and still not spending time with them, ***), and the week before school starts is his. I'm sure he expects me to get up at 630, to drive and meet him so that I can watch them for him. I don't have the money to make that drive 2x a day (during school, he'll drop them at school, and they'll ride the bus here afterwards... then I'll have to go meet him for drop off). There are also days on his weeks where school is late, or no school, so I highlighted them, and plan to tell him he's welcome to leave them home with me the day before, or he needs to take time off work. We'll see if I actually have the nerve to do so. I WANT them with me during his weeks when he works, but idk htf I'm going to pay for extra driving, let alone run on even less sleep. I'll do anything for my boys, but I'm sick of being used to make HIS stupid life easier.

Yeah... I agree on the wedding... after that long, it seems silly... but I guess if you can afford it /shrug. DH and I eloped, and went to a justice of the peace. We'd planned to keep it secret, then have a big wedding a few months later when we had money, but none of my family was willing to come (pisses me off, I drove 8 hours to go to both of my cousins weddings, once 8mo preg, and then again with a preschooler and toddler... but they "couldn't" come because they were preg. I see where I stand). Then we planned to have a big reception/party thing instead... that didn't happen either.

Just realized how frustrated and emotional I am about a lot of things right now, lol. And losing hope on the TTC. With my first m/c it took almost a year, but I don't want to have another baby after next Sept (my own age time limit). So many people say they got pg within a month or two of a loss... and here I am, it's not happening. I do not want to be preg after mid 2015. Even then it puts my oldest and my youngest 10 years apart. And 3 years apart for DD, and I wanted them to be close in age. It's not fair to DH or DD to not have another one, but I'm already way older than I'd ever planned to be having kids. I wanted to be a young mom with all of them, and not still be on parent duties as a SR citizen.

Anyway, sorry ladies... didn't realize how upset I was about everything til I started typing. Didn't mean to have a depressing post.

How are you all? I've tried catching up, but I know I've missed a lot in skimming.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

July 29th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
dfk -- some times life is just like this --- stress and depressing and just plain not-fun. no worries, that's why we are here for each other.

~~terre~~
July 29th, 2014, 07:23 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Back from vacation. It was pretty sucktastic. Sometimes I really don't like my sisters, particularly the one without children. I don't know why I go through this every year. Oh wait, yes, I do. The kids! But my older girls are in agreement that we may take a year off next year and do a trip with just our family. I need a break!!

Otherwise, not much else exciting. We're working on potty-training #4. Yuck!

UM, welcome back! We all missed you and have been thinking of you!!
UrbanMomma likes this.

July 30th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The "just us" vacation is my favorite kind.

I just realized I was totally ahead of my time with my screen name! It used to sound like "number 5" in my head, but now I read it as "hashtag 5" lol.

I haveto haveto haveto do my books. Now, if I could just have an hour then no big deal, I'd have the first 3 months done. It has been UN-believable how much I'm getting interrupted.I got up early to get at it, and my younger 2 are gone. And still. But you all know how that is.

I went out with some friends last night for dinner, I didn't have time, but we had written it on our calendars in pen a month ago. We went to this vietnamese-ish restaurant and ordered 4 different entrees and then shared, so all we all got to try everything. So fun. Then we had icecream on the beach and watched a terrific sunset. It was a good night and I am glad we made time for it.
July 30th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
HI ladies!

I've been reading and lurking, my life has just been uneventful lately.
July 30th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Mine has been too eventful. I am ready for some good ol boring!!
#12 is on the way
July 30th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^^^^^^AMEN um.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search