I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2286Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2014, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by #5in2005 View Post
Is it a long weekend in the USA too?

Glad the goat found a home

I did a few haircuts this morning, and now it's on to domestic bliss....or something.
Great Pyrenees is a breed of dog, which is what I thought she was abbreviating but I haven't read through the thread. Their an LGD-livestock guardian dog. My friend has to protect her goats and chickens. Real cool dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
I would like to use George or Walter as a first name (grand and great grand fathers). I use one family name and one name unique to the child (not weird unique, just not a family name. And my boys go by their middle names. So my cousin was all "you should just name him grandpa" " what is he going to be 80 when gets born" " glad you didn't name me". No big deal, just on top of hearing about my inlaws taking the other grand kids on a beach vacation, again, I'm just in no mood for stupid hurtful relatives.
Those are both nice choices. I love George for a boy, I'd call him Georgie.
August 1st, 2014, 11:26 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes that's right. Gave the dog to a lady who has goats. Dog was fighting neighbors dog. Neighbor was giving me a ton of crap about it and then flamed me on fb.

I'm at a coffee shop where my daughter takes cello. The coffee machines are so loud. I'm glad it's not busier. I have a head ache.
August 1st, 2014, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i had goat brain My sister in law just gave a goat to another goat lady, so that's what I had in my mind. Anyways, still glad you managed to find a home for the dog.

I wish I could play cello.

I like the name George too
August 1st, 2014, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like George and Walter. Older names are back in style anyway I think. One of my kids (preschool aged) recently played with a "Gladys" and a "Betty" at the park.

We just got home from our summer trip to VA Beach and then down he NC to see family. It went well. Nice weather, and the kids had fun. Some bad traffic...but living near DC I guess I am stuck with that on every trip.
August 1st, 2014, 03:26 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My top boys name picks are Obadiaah and Nehemiaah. Our middle name is Franklin. I wish I could talk dh into Obadiaah.
#12 is on the way
August 1st, 2014, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My 17yr old has his final AMEB exam for cello coming up soon, after he passes that he can register to teach it, he already teaches piano at the community center on Saturday mornings, but I'm guessing cello lessons aren't as in high demand as piano.

Clousie, there's a 2yr old named Agnes and a 4yr old named Vivian who live a few doors down from us, and two Henry's in my 6yr old's class. I think you're right about older names.
August 3rd, 2014, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It sure is quiet in here this weekend....I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Mine was quiet. We left our son with his grandparents last weekend (first time he's been off on his own) and so dh went to go get him this weekend and took my oldest daughter along. So it was just the little girls and I....

Anyone getting ready to go back to school? We have three more weeks, but I know when we were living down south they started like August 1st. Crazy early!
August 3rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
The older girls start back August 28th. Pretty low-key weekend here. The morning started off today with #4 doing a full-body wipeout in a pool of dog p****. So, we had to do baths before breakfast. Not really how I prefer to start my day.

August 3rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
School doesnt start here until sept. Doing back to school shopping already though.

We didnt end up doing the whole tent campground thing. And we had a heckle of a time trying to find accomidations for our "Large family"...man...its insane!! but all worked out in the end.
August 3rd, 2014, 02:56 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey we missed camping this year as well, didn't call in reservation early enough.
our ninth anniversary was the 30th we went out to dinner and a movie "Lucy"
it was good. Not looking forward to BTS... How do y'all who have 3 or more in gs keep the teachers names straight in the beginning. I will have number 5 starting K, i also have one in 1st grade and one in 3rd grade. I'm finding it hard to remember 3 teachers names. Forget about any of the ms or hs teachers.
1 left home with me???? it's going to be so quiet.
August 3rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
FW, I'm sorry your family is giving you trouble about the names, I think they're both nice choices and appreciate the sentimentality. Then again, I obviously favor older names

We've had a nice pretty quiet weekend at home here. Took the kids to a fairy festival today and they had an absolute blast. Now the house is a disaster and I can't decide which thing I want to do less--get the kids changed when they come in dripping from the pool, make dinner, or clean the stinking messy kitchen! Suppose it doesn't matter, I'll have to do all three whether I want to or not!

August 4th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
~Mommy~, I just get the kids to remind me before I have to speak to them, otherwise it's just "*child's name*'s teacher".
August 4th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Found a box of photos from 15-20 years ago, my older two are babies in the photos.
Why did we have such hideous clothes in the 90's? Who decided that doc martens sandals were a good idea?
August 4th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol, I bet your hair was awesome

i just noticed the bts commercials on tv this morning, and I suppose it's ok since it's August. Looking forward to still having this month off.

Tell me more about a fairy festival! I don't even know what to picture.

Happy belated Anniversary mommy.

ugh, I always have such a hard time finding a campground for all of us, you have to be so careful about how much they charge for "extra" people. When I checked out a koa for a trip we went on it would be $101 per night for us. No thanks!!!
August 4th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't even know til recently that you can't put your whole family in one hotel room if you have over a certain number! Must be insurance thing I guess?

No back to school shopping here til the 25th, which is ok because the kids have their meet and greets on the 26th. I will take 5 of them to the elementary school and DH will take the older two to the middle school, it's at the same time of course! I don't know what people that are single parents do.

I remember teacher's names because we have had them several times now, but I tend to forget past teachers. Like ask me who Noah had two years ago. I have no clue.

August 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm in here again because I'm doing my books, and so I have to spend a little time procrastinating before I get back to them.

It's indeed a fire insurance thing Repti.

During my massive beginning of summer holidays houseclean, I gathered up all the left over school supplies, so there's a lot we still have. And the kids are mostly set for clothes too, phew. I think 2 need new shoes and that's about it.
August 4th, 2014, 12:53 PM
#5, Fairy Festival was really cute. It was in a clearing in a local wooded park, kids were free, a lot of vendors selling fairy things (gardens, parasols, mini houses, wings, skirts, etc) tons of people dressed as fairies, mermaid, a fairy dancing lesson, a fairy tea party with the queen of the fairies and a quest where the kids had to find one of each of the 4 elemental fairies, perform a small task to earn a star and once they got all 4 stars, they had to find the four master elemental fairies to get the four different dragon tears, and then trade those in to the King of the Faeries for a magic fairy portal medallion--they had an absolute blast. Here are some pictures:
Matilda, Evelyn and Adelaide meeting a mermaid

The girls collecting dragon tears for their quest from the Master Water Elemental Fairy

Dancing lessons from the Fairy Queen (Matilda and Adelaise are in white/light pink 2 and 3 on the right side of the Queen, Eveln has a purple, yellow and pink floral dress and blue wings 2nd on the left from the Queen)

My kids have only done preschool, but they have 4 or 5 teachers--I have trouble remembering how many, let alone names until later in the year!
#5in2005 likes this.

August 4th, 2014, 12:54 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We might, or might not, fudge the number of people that are staying in a hotel room.....

August 4th, 2014, 01:51 PM
We've had that hotel room issue, too, once we hit 4 kids. Many places will allow you to go over by 1-2 IF they are in cribs.
Sorry I can't remember, but where are you going?

August 4th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to go to a fairy festival now.

I've never encountered hotel room issues, but the only times we've stayed in them was in New Zealand where we rented a unit in the family section of the hotel, which had 3 bedrooms, and in Thailand which was just overall dodgy.
Jenilope likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search