I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Homeschooling, no back to school anything for me. We do go through a public charter school but I don't make a big deal out of the charter in case I decide to switch to a PSA. First grade this year "technically", I have a very laid-back approach, no need to rush along in my opinion. Childhood is short enough.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
August 5th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Guys, I have an American question.

I saw this picture comparing soft drink sizes in Australia to soft drink sizes in America and is this true (the American sized ones obviously, I know the Australian sized ones are true) or is this one of those "Ha he ha ha Americans and their giant food" jokes?

Basically, are your small drinks seriously larger than our large drinks?
August 5th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Per McDonald's website (link), American soft drink sizes are 16oz (437ml) small, 21oz (621ml) medium and 30oz (887ml) large.

The McDonald's Australia (link) website lists their drink sizes as Small 428ml, Medium 612ml and Large 937ml.

So, the graphic is not correct, or at least not currently correct. Looks like your small and medium are a bit smaller than ours, but your large is actually a bit more! But I do vaguely remember a somewhat recent stink being made about McDonalds (U.S.) reducing beverage sizes. So maybe it used to be true, then again, not in the cups pictured, I have never seen that Large cup, it looks like a popcorn bucket! I think the extra large soft drink used to come in a plastic cup like the big gulp from a 7-11 with a tapered bottom to fit in car cup holders. I haven't had sodas in a year and don't frequent McDonald's though, so I am not positive about that.
UrbanMomma likes this.

August 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No doubt that the drinks are WAY too large (they're the same here). I hardly drink "pop". I'd rather eat stuff than ingest my calories that way. I have the very occasional diet coke. But then someone always needs to tell me that stuff will kill me.

We always think it's funny to see americans buying big soda's at their gas stations. We don't have fountain soda at gas stations up here.
August 5th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well we think it's funny when Canadians.....well, Canadians just aren't that funny. Kidding I love bob and Doug!

Jm keeps logging me out of the site on my iPad and it is like pulling teeth to get back in. But I found a short cut sort of. So maybe it won't be so long before posts for me.

1 has left for her big trip to NYC. She is gone til Sunday. 2is working more and finally got her learners permit. I let her drive to the main road today. Good thing we left early. It took 15 minutes to get there. 2 minutes for me to get home. Have had neighbor issues, got rid of two dogs, I have no energy, but overall feel ok. Can't wait for my trip to la. I hope it boosts my energy when I get home.
August 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can replace "funny" with "unusual to us" eh?
August 5th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi kids!!!!

got my dog groomed and vaccinated today (no attacks on vacs, please!)....house is quiet (they are all gone) and clean. defrosting a piece of swordfish for lunch and thought i'd pass time on here.

planning to attack the sewing room today...must organize. or i could go fabric shopping, which might win out after all. getting ready to start a quilt for GD #2 today and need some purple plaid fabric to go with what i already bought.

fyi - it is gorgeous outside!!!! going to reset my front patio area and get ready to plant and put up a little fence....as soon as i decide what i want to use for a fence.

~~terre~~
August 5th, 2014, 12:26 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Can I just wait until this baby is a week or 2 old before telling anyone about that he/she has arrived? Sick of family drama today and who gets to come when after the birth.
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.

New picture in progress......
August 5th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Weirdo graphic. I was wondering whose stomach could seriously hold 1.3ltrs of bubbly liquid.

MIL, are we not vaccinating dogs anymore? I can't keep up with this stuff.

HD, I actually made a point of not telling my parents until about a week after with #2-#4 (#5 we were not on speaking terms so they didn't know about him until he was 2 years old, well they knew I was pregnant, but there were some legal issues an a restraining order because apparently when you are angry at your pregnant daughter it is appropriate to swing a hammer at her, my Dad was all class, clearly) anyway, my point was that after #1 they were just in the way so badly, I'd just had my first child and 2 days later my Mum was asking me to drive her somewhere, in between her asking me why I was still fat, because apparently she was magical and left the hospital at her pre-pregnancy weight, and my Dad was sitting on the couch criticising me, my husband, my house, my inlaws, who actually were helpful and so on.
August 6th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My dogs only have Rabies shots, and the a few select doses that we gave them at home, they contracted Parvo as pups and since they are mostly indoor dogs the vet felt okay with not giving them anything more than what we have already.

The cups aren't right, the smallest is the small here, then the small comparison is a medium here, and the larger medium would be a large, Kinda sad that I know that.

HD, you don't have to say anything to anyone. WIth Kailyn I had a waiting room full of teenagers, kids friends who wanted to be there and I swear if it wasn't for the fact that I had the swine flu when I was having her and had been quarantined the room would of been full of teens lol Do whatever you want.
August 6th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
rabies is the law here, so no choice really. Other than that, it's just whatever you feel you want to pay your vet lol

School registration today for two of the kiddos. I'm actually paying for photos this year too. It's been four years since I had a new 8x10 of Sebastian, poor kid lol

August 9th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
HI Ladies!

Just getting things down around the house, and ready for school to kick back up.
August 9th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh rabies is the law here too..i was mostly just joking with ya'll when i said that bit about vaccinations.

can i just say that i am having a stressful day? feeling like i can't win....

~~terre~~
August 9th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure at which point my house became the go to for stray children, but this morning my husband did another "If home is not a safe place to be at any moment you can spend a night here, we won't ask any questions" talk and all I could think was "You know, we should probably just put a sign that says that on the roof".
But long story short my 17yr old's girlfriend is here at the moment because last night her parents had an argument that turned violent and the police had to come and break it up.

To go back a bit though, roundworm is the main one for dogs here because it is just so common. Pretty much any dog that doesn't get the shot ends up with it. Whereas rabies isn't common at all in Australia.
August 9th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
I'm not sure at which point my house became the go to for stray children, but this morning my husband did another "If home is not a safe place to be at any moment you can spend a night here, we won't ask any questions" talk and all I could think was "You know, we should probably just put a sign that says that on the roof".
But long story short my 17yr old's girlfriend is here at the moment because last night her parents had an argument that turned violent and the police had to come and break it up.

To go back a bit though, roundworm is the main one for dogs here because it is just so common. Pretty much any dog that doesn't get the shot ends up with it. Whereas rabies isn't common at all in Australia.
That's great that you are like that. I hope I would be if it comes up but I don't know where I would put anyone extra.

1 comes home from NYC tonight to Jacksonville and then here tomorrow morning. 2 worked a wedding tonight and the wedding planner got wasted. Vodka and pot. She was being so obnoxious 2's boss made her leave. I like to use these moments to teach them.

I'm huge. I mean look like I'm ready to deliver any minute and I'm only 16 weeks. And I can barely move. I really should do something about this.
August 9th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be fuming if I paid for a wedding planner and they got wasted, that's just ridiculous. When at work be professional is a pretty valuable lesson.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
August 9th, 2014, 09:08 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Cybele, really cool you guys are willing and able to be that place for kids if they need it.

I saw myself from the side today and I AM huge. I am 28w 2d now.I have only gained 9-10 lbs though. Not quite sure how that works. LOL

Had fun with the hubby at the football game tonight.

I can't even afford to do rabies this year for the dog. Ughhhh. It's the law, but no one in our city cares.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 10th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was HUGE with #4, everyone kept asking me if I had triplets in there. Then she popped out at only 6lbs-something, so I'm convinced that she just made herself a whole load of space so she could stretch out.
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 11th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I weighed almost the same at the beginning of my pregnancy with #4 as I did at the end of my pregnancy with #5, so by the time I was 16 weeks with #4 I was also looking pretty large already. 3 babies in 3 years and knowing I wanted to have another left me less than motivated to lose those extra baby pounds. I so wish I could pop in on everyone to have a baby visit! My twin nephews are 3 weeks old, and I am SO looking forward to finally meeting them. 1 may be coming home this week, the other little guy will probably be a while longer. How sucky is that, to have one baby at home, and have one in the hospital well over 2 hours away.

We had our church campout this weekend, and it was great fun. Lots of kids for the kids to play with, the beach etc. And now it's great to be home
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
August 11th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what beach did you go to?

ahhhhh.....we are down to 2 kids!!!! after swimming for the better part of the day, the twins just went home after a 5 day visit. i told my DD no company today (and maybe tomorrow) -- i am 'kidded' out. i need peace for a little bit.

now if i could only convince my daughter to move now instead of 6 months from now....

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search