I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2319Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck DFK. And congratulations!
deaths final kiss likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ohhh DFK - thats lovely! i hope it gives you some peace after you see the dr.

i had a 'different' ice water challenge to share with ya'll that my DIL posted on her f/b but i dont know how to grab it and share it here. i would not forward it on my own f/b but thought you all deserved the total 'WTH...' moment as much as i did.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...778357&fref=nf

someone try it and see if it works.....

our 'new' big screen tv broke so i am heading back to replace ith this morning as well as wyatt has a half-day today. gonna e a challenge to be everywhere at once.

~~terre~~
August 27th, 2014, 11:23 AM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. My test today was way darker, so I'm feeling a bit better (at least I know the first test wasn't an error, lol). Going to be a long while before I'll be able to relax, or share the news. I've got to try and hide it from myBoys this time. I don't want them to go through another mc.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

August 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Conrat's DFK!

My life has been pretty boring lol

My son challenged me last night to the water things. I've got 2 hours and 45 minutes left to get it done lol

UGH, I don't wanna do it. It's ice (precious ice lol), in water. I don't like to be cold!
August 27th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Congratulations and best wishes, DFK!

I've only had one loss, but we're also trying to keep my pregnancy from the kids until I'm farther along.
But, I think my oldest knows and is totally trolling me. She just brought home a book from the school library about a rabbit expecting a little sibling. The twist? Turns out it's triplets. "Papa Bunny had to sit down." Seriously.

August 27th, 2014, 07:56 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congrats, DFK! I hope all is well this time!!

August 28th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Both my newly 15yr old and newly 13yr old have their parties on Saturday night, they are both having sleepovers and the more I think about it the more I can't figure out how that happened. We've always juggled their parties really well, this is the first year they've crashed together.

Anyone want some teenage girls? Come Saturday I am sure I'm going to be wanting to get rid of a fair few of them.
clouise and deaths final kiss like this.
August 28th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hahaha....Well I think I would rather have all the girls at once then have two sleepovers back to back. Get all that "fun" over with at the same time.
August 28th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have fun with the parties

Congrats DFK

I FINALLY got to meet the twins on sunday, they are oh so very very cute.
August 28th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
next week i am back on the diet plan again.. i regained at least ten pounds and i am NOT happy. so i am starting over on monday. anyone want to join me?

~~terre~~
August 28th, 2014, 05:05 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Older kids are back to school as of today. Yay!!! However, them being up in the morning gets the little 2 up. They didn't have naps today, and they've been in rare form, putting mom in rare form. Hard to imagine, I know.

August 28th, 2014, 11:16 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
HD that's what I'm worried about. Until we can finish a room downstairs they all share a room. I'm going to have to get them up at 6, but she sleeps till 10 (lightly). I'm guessing I will get no sleep at all, since she's going to wake up and want to stay up, and of course now I need more than the 2-3 hours of sleep I've been surviving on.

My appt was OK. They did blood work, and I go back next week for a comparison draw. I had a different doctor for this appointment, and she was pretty reassuring, explained miscarriages and the uterine septum differently than the others had. I have a feeling I'll be uneasy through the whole pregnancy though. I get all excited, then talk myself out of it, out of fear. I think DH is excited even though he was trying not to get his hopes up. He told his boss and a few coworkers already, lol.
mom2many2010 and HalfDozen like this.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

August 29th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad that my kids are all still home today, I've declared a team-clean to commence in 15 minutes. It really shouldn't take very long.

Dh was gone overnight for work, and I have to confess that I didn't mind.

I am not looking forward to the morning routine for school, and yet when it's back then I don't mind.

Have a great weekend everyone
August 29th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm home from my trip. Had a great time until my sister went on a rant to my highschool BFF about how terrible we are and how my husband is the great satan. Then she went to bed, we got on the plane the next day and she slept the whole way home. Then I drove home. So I'm back.
August 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Cybele--did you survive the sleep overs?

#5, I'm so glad you got to meet the twins!

HalfDozen--I hope today is off to a better start!

FW--sorry about your sister, that sounds quite unpleasant. Glad the rest of your trip was good though! Did you meet up with Terre?

I had curriculum night last night at Matilda's school and I'm feeling better now, as her teacher is very encouraging about parental involvement and has been really good about communicating. We did talk about M's small motor delays and she agreed that waiting until March for an evaluation (as the ridiculous early intervention people suggested) is unacceptable. She's going to work with me to get a proper evaluation and OT started for her as soon as possible. It is such a relief to finally feel like I'm not alone in advocating for her!

Other than that, people are already making me crazy about the pregnancy. I am pretty sure I am only 6 weeks. But I look like I'm 3-4 months. And I'm neither naieve nor vain enough to not accept that most of what is on my belly is fat. But I have been losing weight yet can't button my pants. And I was noticing symptoms WAY earilier (3-6 weeks earlier) than I have with my other pregnancies. My husband, friends and even my GP think I'm farther along than I think I am, but I can't get into the OB until 9/10. I am completely preoccupied wondering if they might be right--yet I've been tracking my cycles and fertility signs for 7 years... I don't think I made a mistake. But I'm not going to fell settled until I get in and get an ultrasound and confirm the due date. Until then I'm kind of trying to stay home as much as I can because I look obviously pregnant and we haven't told the kids or the ILs yet and I don't want either of them to find out from someone else.

With your 5th pregnancy, did you ladies have early symptoms and show really early?

August 29th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ohh...maybe you are having twins. That would be exciting.

But yeah...I did show earlier with #3 and #4 than I did with #1 and #2. It's just like your body just knows what to expect, and goes ahead and does it.
August 29th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Twins would be exciting, and I do feel like I've been seeing twins/doubles everywhere since I found out. But my husband might have an aneurysm, lol! I showed earlier with 3 and 4, but like 9 or 10 weeks, not 5 or 6. And I look legit preggo now. Not that I mind, I like how I look when I'm pregnant better than I do not! But I am going mad wondering if my dates are wrong. I guess I'll know in 12 days, but that feels like forever! Trying to enjoy it though, this might be the last time I go through this excitement and wonder and all the possibilities creating new life holds. (sorry to be a little sappy...)

Also, if my dates are wrong, how embarrassing would that be to be all "I didn't know I was pregnant" on baby FIVE?!
clouise and MIL2lissy8 like this.

August 29th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
...or baby 5 and 6??!! whatever God gives you is going to be great. quit worrying about what everyone else will think.....
Jenilope likes this.

~~terre~~
August 29th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Sound advice, Terre. Thank you. And I am ridiculously excited and blessed.

August 29th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FW, what on earth was your sister on about? That's just ridiculous.

Jen, it's tonight, fingers crossed for me, haha. My 17yr old son has just announced that "I am seeking refuge at James's (his best friend) house tonight", fair enough. My 6yr old son is having a sleepover with his cousin. So the boys have their escape plans sorted. I didn't know I was pregnant on baby #5 until I was about 9 or 10 weeks and my stomach just ballooned out, I was on the pill so I was still getting "periods" and I thought the morning sickness was just a stomach bug. Felt quite silly.
Jenilope likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search