I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2161Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 04:48 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I hear you about no more room. I'm gonna need one or two to move out soon. LOL

Its Zari's birthday, she is seven.
#12 is on the way
April 21st, 2013, 05:28 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for birthday girl! Seven is a great age!
April 21st, 2013, 07:51 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UM - whats the update on gma?

~~terre~~
April 21st, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hope grandma is doing good UM, and happy birthday to Zari.

BM8 congrat's on the second car. Freedom is a nice thing

Nothing new here, kids stayed at MIL and later we are going over to celebrate her birthday. Have to run into town to get her something, but that's about it.
April 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I read back a few pages.

Sorry about the grandma. I hope she has a good recovery.

I've been super exhausted and lazy lately and haven't been spending much time on the computer but I thought I'd check in. 38w4d and I'm finally feeling like my body is trying to do something to evacuate this baby. I'm fairly certain he will come this week.

I'll be lurking and try to be involved more!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
The hip bone wasn't displaced so she can get it pinned, which is, apparently, the easiest of the different surgery options. The doctors at the hospital want to figure out the dizziness (going on for 2 weeks) too, so she will be seeing an ENT doctor.

She was having chest pains and has some sort of murmur, so has to be cleared by the cardiologists before any surgery too. However she was running a slight fever today too so hopefully not developing any kind of infection. That would, of course, delay surgery too.

She refused any pain killers more than TYLENOL until this afternoon. Only my grandma. Finally she consented to some Morphine. Well, I guess she told the nurse, "I don't care" when asked if she wanted pain meds, so they took it as a yes. She also refused a catheter, she is using a bedpan. My gma is so stubborn.

Zari had a nice bday. Lots of clothes, a pretty doll and a stuffed cow. Oh and I bought her a Minnie Mouse necklace, her first piece of "real" jewelry. I am gonna be mad if I find it throw on the floor or under her bed.

Her "dad" (read Sperm Donor) showed up when her dad (the middles dad who takes care of her) dropped her off from his weekend. SD came in a limo with gifts. *rolleyes* All name brand clothes but $2 jelly sandals. He wanted to take her for a ride in the limo but I told him no because we were trying to do her party here.

Sarah, hoping the baby comes soon and easily for you. Can't wait to see pics!!
#12 is on the way
April 21st, 2013, 04:01 PM
not much to say today....nothing is wrong, just feeling quiet.

~~terre~~
April 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A limo for a 7 year old, lucky girl!
April 22nd, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I am so over our neighbors. They day is coming where my husband confronts them, and I'm afraid I might need bail money.
April 22nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
just another monday morning around here....2nd load of laundry started, kitchen cleaned and thinking about re-arranging the family room upstairs. also have plans to walk tegan in the park and start the exercise program that my daughter does to gain tummy control.. it sounds really tough to me but i can at least TRY it. i am also considering stopping all candy and sweets today.....i figure between that and excercise, i should at least lose a bit in my belly and that is really all i need to lose. the rest of me is skinny -- but i look about 5 months preggers in the belly. ok ok i know its partly my meds to blame but i DO consume a lot of sweets. so lets see how this all goes.

also, we are investigating starting to take 'juice plus' in our diets -- its a supplement, for lack of a better description, that gives you 28 different types of fruits, berries and vegi's in your diet on top of the healthy food you already eat. it seems easy to me and they also have a protein mix that i can make shakes out of. my friend sells it and i have been to a presentation and it sounds pretty darn cool to me.

the bottom line of all of this is that i am turning 57 this year. mom died at age 59, suddenly. however, she and i have VERY similar health histories, as well as body builds. the difference is she was VERY skinny all her life where in the last ten years i have gained about 50 pounds. i am nervous as i approach her 'death age', since we had so much in common. i want to see 60, and 70 and 80 for that matter. i guess the time is now for me to get my act together.

~~terre~~
April 22nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
ok, got the walking done, and another load of laundry done. now, time to work the abs.... : {

~~terre~~
April 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Took Cole to get his eye's checked. He is getting glasses, but only for when he is on the computer, otherwise his vision is 20/20. The lady was impressed with our vision insurance

While there Vanna complained of her stomach hurting, the proceeded to throw up. Good thing I thought to grab her a bag. Got home and Kailyn started complain....yep, she was next. Yay me

I do have a funny for ya'all.

The Jehovah's witnesses stopped by Sam's house (we have some really sweet ladies out here), and when talking to the lady she asked Sam if she had kids. Sam looks at her and says "no". The lady goes "Oh, I saw the little shoes by the door and assumed there was a kid here" Sam replies "Um, no those are mine" The lady was slightly embarrassed. Sam does have tiny feet though, she wears a 5/6 in young girls lol
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend has a contract on her house. Remember it is 4 br, 3ba, 2500 sq ft on 5 acres. The offer is for $150k. If the bank takes it, it will royally screw me being able to get my loan because I need a 2200sq ft, 4br, 3ba on 6 acres to appraise at $230k. Wouldn't that be irony?
April 22nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
oh geez, FW, you never get a break do ya?? i hope it all works out to your advantage.

and jenn, i can only dream of having tiny feet. after having 4 kids, i went from a 7 to an 8+.....

speaking of Jehovahs Witnesses visiting....i got an unusual phone call. when i looked at caller ID, it said 'Jehovahs Witness'. when i answered, totally out of curiosity, it was a nice lady inviting me to some service at their Kingdom Hall. i was surprised ad politely declined. i am used to them at my door - i usually have a nice convo with them. but the phone now????

~~terre~~
April 23rd, 2013, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
talent show auditions for my twin kindergarteners is today. They are boy/girl so I thought I would have them do a dance with a Grease theme. I did not realize how inappropriate Grease Lightning was. I found a "clean" song but it still says "I would kill to get the money". I am afraid that I will get dirty looks and it will not be approved. If I knew how to beep it out I would, but it is too late to change the dance.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 23rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
M2M, if that were here the story would go, "I am so totally over my neighbors, my husband is going to need bail money to get me out." I always blame my temper on the red hair. LOL

Funny about the JW's. Here they knock endlessly on the door. They will stand out there for 5 minutes if the suspect you may be home. So I just go to the door, open it, say "no thanks" and close it. Then they leave.

FW, that wouldn't be good. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Hope all goes well at the talent show.

My husband needs an internet intervention.

My gma is having surgery today. Apparently I am supposed to be broken up about gma being in the hospital. I think maybe I am not a very nice person or something. My gma is 88. She lost my gpa almost 12 years ago. She is lonely. Everyone else is freaking out about her not making it through the surgery or having complications.

First of all I feel like ****, nothing like crossing a bridge before you get there. She isn't dead yet people...dayum!! Then if for some reason she didn't make it, I would miss her, but death is a part of life, and my gma believes in God and feels like gpa is waiting for her in heaven.

So because I am not crushed I somehow am wrong, or because I don't have endless hours to sit at the hospital I don't care. I am the only one with multiple children or any small children at all!!
#12 is on the way
April 23rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am much like you with how you feel about life UM. And people with no/only 1 child have no idea what it's like to have a crew, but often do know exactly how you should do things. I do hope that everything goes well with your grandma.
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I too think the same way as you UM.
UrbanMomma likes this.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 23rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm the same, UM. And judging by what you've mentioned about your gma, She is probably the same too.
UrbanMomma likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I like our JW's they hand you their booklets and then just stand and bull**** for a few. They are pretty sweet ladies.

I hate how people condemn others for how they grieve or do things. Everyone does it differently.

I caught the stomach bug last night, I haven't had it in years, even when the kids get it over and over again. So not cool. Lupan got it, then Sam. Sam went into work even though she is sicker then a dog and her boss won't let her go home. I told her to not make it to the bathroom next time and that would change his mind. She didn't like that idea, but that's what I would do.

The kids were supposed to have their state testing today, and tomorrow but had to move it to tomorrow and Thursday.

That's it, I'm going back to the couch

« School | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search