I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2494Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to be looking for baby news each time I check, very exciting, hope things go smoothly for both of you.

My #2 is 14 today. She has 3 friends coming over for a sleepover. I am super disorganized, and need to clean bathrooms badly so I don't frighten the friends
Farmers-wife likes this.
April 25th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If she is 14 she can clean the bathrooms! Have fun and happy birthday to her.

If I hear "can we play Xbox? One more time I think I am going to scream.
UrbanMomma likes this.
April 26th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes she can! The kids cleaned it last time though (which was a while ago) so this time around it needed to be done by me. Her friend party was initially planned for next week, but then we moved it up a week, thus the disorganization.

Am I hearing faint screaming?

Everyone, it's true....we have beautiful warm weather today. 19C (that's 66F)
April 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I keep checking in for baby news

Haven't really had a lot of time the last few days. I should be at a birthday party but instead I am waiting for AAA to come let me into my car. The kids locked the doors when they were cleaning, and since we never take our keys out of the car, they got locked in.

Hope everyone is well!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 26th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Bummer on the keys!

My kids are really funny and crack me up. ESP #2. She is hilarious. I want to tell you all the funny things she said today but I can't. I'm too tired. I just wrote an essay in the hideaway.
April 27th, 2013, 01:46 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Im going to write an essay in the hideaway, about how aggravating my teenage son is.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 27th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
boy you guys are quiet!!! this was my day: wyatt woke us up early by coming in the room and exclaiming 'i'm seven!!!'. no good morning or anything. what a long day it turned out to be. baseball game started at 9:30am, karate for the girls at 10:30am, delivered them home by noon, had a quick snack with the hubby, checked on the pooch and then headed over to the party for wyatt at like 1:45pm. hung out there till 4:30pm, ran home to take a half hour on the heating pad (for my hurting back since i fell last night skating). then left at 5:45pm to head out for matthew's birthday dinner. we ate at a new fondue place in redlands that was delicious!!!! i am exhausted and should be in bed by now.....

~~terre~~
April 28th, 2013, 08:13 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No baby here yet.

My kids clean the toilet, even the 7 year old. He doesn't do a very good job, but he does it!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 28th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I clean the bathroom and everything else really. I should let/have/teach the kids to do it, but I really prefer MY way, well, MY clean. I tried letting kids do dishes once and it didn't work.
AmiraX4 likes this.
April 28th, 2013, 02:29 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My oldest 3 clean all of the main rooms of the house. For me, it's a matter of letting go because I simply don't have time when I'm working full-time to worry about it. However, I do understand MY clean vs. THEIR clean. Definitely not the same thing!! But my oldest is pretty good about it. And I don't know how you manage without a dishwasher. We only ever survived about a month without one, and I told hubby he HAD to get one.

The one thing I tried for a week or 2 once was making the older 3 cook dinner. This was either when I was pregnant with the 4th or shortly after I had her, and they kept complaining about the dinner options. They did okay, but we had meals I hate, and one meal, I had to step in and cook everything or our house might have burnt down!

New picture in progress......
April 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Oh I absolutely should allow them to clean, I just find myself going over it and then its taking twice as long, the time it took to wait for them to do it, and then the time it took me to fix it. LOL

I can't imagine letting them cook whole meals. Of course my oldest four are boys, and while the oldest took some interest in cooking, the others haven't.
HalfDozen likes this.
April 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I agree "my clean is the best way"....I think my oldest DD is walking in my footsteps though. She is OCD about many things like me..

We have so many doc/dentist appt this week and next its insane. My DS4 has had perfect teeth up until now. He has his first cavity!! uuggg he got it inbetween his tooth on the bottom back. Yah I have been doing a lousy of flossing all the young ones teeth. So its really my fault. He will be getting his filling this week.

I have just come to realize that Lemon Pledge is my new best friend!!! that stuff works on everything that you dont want to dust every other day. I now use on every blind in my house and my stainless steel. even on my cabinet doors to help ward off dirty fingerprints....yyyaahhh i LOVE IT!!!

Hope everyone had a great and relaxing weekend,
April 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I absolutely hear you on the tooth guilt!

I vow every few months that my kids need to learn to cook more.

I should leave some lemon pledge out for my family to use, most of them ticked me off yesterday because they all had one thing or another to say about the state of my house. I don't really clean my house to perfection when there will be 28 guests, it's pointless and no one should be that offended at a little dust, plus I've had a lot on the go, so the bathrooms sparkled, the rest not so much. The talk about the dust, the dead fly, pointing out that I missed 2 crumbs wiping the counter and then to finish it off, asking me why my door is so dirty when there's a doorknob got on my nerves. (the door needs a coat of paint. I am aware.)

I am home all day today though, so this is nice

Hope there's baby news when I check later today.
April 29th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Amira sorry about the teeth. It does happen though

#5 my kids like to do the same things. Doors and door jams are forever having to be cleaned. Next time they point something out, hand them a rag and deal them to get at cleaning it.

Nothing much here. My kindle died, I've had problems since I got it, but this time it turned itself on and instead of restarting it did nothing. they're sending me a new one.
April 29th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I went to Walmart and bought #2&3 iPod cases. Got dh an iPad charger. They are all wrong.
April 29th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
How did that happen FW, I thought, outside of the new iphone 5, that they all used the same one?
April 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM
It's for the iPhone 5.
April 29th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Took the kids for a walk with dh then came home and did some yard work.
April 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i heard this morning that an ambulance/fire truck was on my street this past weekend. fearing for my 92 year old neighbor, i went over and checked on her. she was fine, as fine as you can be at that age. it turned into at least a 2 hour visit. she needed me to call and work out her phone bill for her for the house phone ....and she needed minutes on her cell phone again. i ended up taking her to 4 stores before we finally got the minute card. she told me at least 4 times that i am a great driver and that she never ever had a ticket in her life. she also told me about 6 times that she takes care of her own stuff and no one else does it for her (money mgt, bills etc)....i missed my lunch and when i did get to eat, it was horrible (tried a new gluten free bread and darn near choked to death it was so dry). that's okay though because i am adding the tuna to the tuna casserole i am making tonight.

oh and don't know if i said this or not but i think there are critters living in my attic area. i hear them playing around overhead now that my office is upstairs. before, i had no reason to be up her for very long.

~~terre~~
April 29th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey ladies-tired tonight, its supposed to snow again, crazyness

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search