I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning ladies!

I'm going to admit this here, because I know you'll understand lol

I'd been battling a bout of the "baby blues/bug" I guess. Our "baby" is going on 2 now (and I so can't believe it!!) and I was thinking how I "miss" having a new baby, the tiny clothes, the small warm body snuggled against you, the smell of baby breath, nursing, etc.

Then my brother and his family came to visit with their newborn and she screamed for 6 hours straight.

Cured.

April 30th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol wouldn't have cured it for me. Mostly because, well...

Babymakes8 and HalfDozen like this.

April 30th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol Repti

BM8, I'm right there with you.

My dutch roots are showing, they have a royal family, and the queen "retired" and her son became King today. So I watched a few videos, and it was kinda fun to see because I was in Amsterdam a few months ago right where it all went down.

Have a great day everyone.
Babymakes8 likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW that's something I would do.

No baby lust here. Nope babies are cute when they are someone elses. I am finally enjoying having all of that extra 'stuff'.

Not much here.

Have a good day!
Babymakes8 likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pretty angry today. Can you have af and pms at the same time?
April 30th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you can have pms at any time. Even men lol. I haven't gotten af at all, I have an IUD, so I don't think it's going to come, and I still have those days where I feel so angry my chest wants to explode. Beer helps. I hope you feel better soon though, it's miserable to be angry at everyone, especially when they don't know what they did wrong.

I think when I win the lottery (after I buy some of you guys all the stuff I've promised) I'm going to buy a chef. I don't want to buy a bunch of expensive quick to make foods, but I hate when there is nothing on hand to eat here. I've had a bowl of cereal and now I'm waiting on french fries lol.

April 30th, 2013, 12:00 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have pms everyday of my life. I am having it right now.
#12 is on the way
April 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had baby fever a few weeks ago. It was bad but thankfully it passed. I think I've accepted that it will always come and go for a while until I'm far enough past the baby stage.

I've been going through stuff trying to become organized and I have diagnosed myself as a clothes hoarder. It's ridiculous! If I could just give away every stitch of clothing we own and start all over I would. I'd be so much easier!
April 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Oh, they know what they did. The whole county knows what they did. They are just slackers. And to cover up their slackiness they lie! I thought Christian homeschooled kids from large families were supposed to be perfect little dogooders who wear doilies and jumpers and only listen to gospel music.
April 30th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
FW, who are you talking about?

Hurray for organization Cortney.
April 30th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by #5in2005 View Post
FW, who are you talking about?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. lol
April 30th, 2013, 04:32 PM
My kids. They are not living up to the ideal.
April 30th, 2013, 06:09 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I swear, I always have baby fever! Right now, I'm struggling with feeling our family is "complete", which I really did feel when I delivered #5 and the thought that I'll never be pregnant again, and that seems like such a great loss. I mean, I know it will happen eventually, but .....

However, I can tell you that when I was pregnant with my 4th, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law came to visit with their 4-month old, and I told my hubby that if we weren't already pregnant, after that visit, I wouldn't want another one. He cried ALL the time. I don't handle that well! Of course, when one of my sisters would have had another one, it probably would have cancelled out that bad experience.

April 30th, 2013, 06:49 PM
It's not fair to not want babies because someone else's baby cried during the visit. They are out of sorts, over tired, cranky, nervous. Your own wouldn't be like that, at least not all the time.
May 1st, 2013, 05:22 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I agree FW, to an extent. I love babies, all babies, all children, doesn't matter. I also am never bothered by a crying upset baby, and am the one people would bring their upset crying babies to. I have never been bothered by that. The problem is that now I don't get as much joy. I am, for once in my life, happy to hand them over to their momma's. That to me is time to quit.....plus, I'm finally getting a full nights sleep. I love that!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 06:24 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hey FW, welcome to my world. Bet your kids still haven't met the standard of crap MY older ones can pull.

I am the kind of person who can't stand other peoples crying/whining babies. I am DONE! I want no more after Evaani....ever. Ever, ever. Thanks for the blessings, I am blessed beyond comprehension, no more please.

Going to the Tigers (Detroit baseball team) game today with dh, Laliyaah, and Isaiaah. Hopefully the other kids don't burn the house down before we get home.
#12 is on the way
May 1st, 2013, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol @ blessed beyond comprension . Hope you have fun at the game. Hope you have no unpleasant surprises when you get home.

I think that even if you're done having babies and ok with it, there's still 5% that still wants another one.
May 1st, 2013, 08:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Have fun at the game UM!

Not a whole lot going on here. Looks like Sam's boyfriend may get a job out with Chuck (the hubby) and Lupan. Chuck wasn't sure he could since his boss died, but I guess they are trying to keep him happy since he has to stay on graveyard for a while longer. The only reason he stayed on graveyard to begin with is because of his old boss, the big bosses thought he liked graveyard and have since learned that that was not the case, so they are doing a bit of *** kissing.
May 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
Oh, they know what they did. The whole county knows what they did. They are just slackers. And to cover up their slackiness they lie! I thought Christian homeschooled kids from large families were supposed to be perfect little dogooders who wear doilies and jumpers and only listen to gospel music.

Did someone send you my kids?! (minus the homeschooled part)
HalfDozen likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
It's not fair to not want babies because someone else's baby cried during the visit. They are out of sorts, over tired, cranky, nervous. Your own wouldn't be like that, at least not all the time.

That is true, FW. I do think she was crying the whole time because she was over stimulated and over dressed. They came to visit again and she wasn't as cranky. I don't think my SIL enjoys the baby stages or she has something else preoccupying her mind, because she doesn't seem intune with the baby. I could tell an "i'm hungry" cry from an "I'm uncomfortable" cry and she couldn't. I watched her put her fingers in the baby's mouth I don't know how many times and then she'd say "Oh she's hungry". Not her first baby, either lol

I don't think I can rule out having more, but I don't think I necessarily want to "have" as in give birth. We've been talking about becoming foster parents. I think I want mine here at home to be more grown first, though.
Farmers-wife likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search