I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1847Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The nogoodniks are doing better today. I took 4 of them to 4h ecology day, then when got home 1 took them all to the pool while 9 was napping.

I am tired.
May 2nd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Glad you had a better day FW!

Sam's boyfriend got the job, he's super excited. He starts out as a temp, still making more money then he is now, and after 500 hours if they like you, you go to full time, and a $5 an hour increase. It's a hard company to get into, you really need to know someone on the inside. It's perfect timing for him cause his brother just told him he had a month to move out, the brother and his wife want to have a baby...they aren't even pregnant yet. He does live their for 'free', but he works with his brothers landscaping business on the weekends and after his other job...and takes no money for that. Wonder if he'll continue doing that...
May 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2m - great about him getting the job! and I dont know why some people are so hestitant on going to temp agengies, its a great way to find the right job match without alot of pressure and alot of companies rely on them cus the employees are serious and like you said its hard to get into some companies.
And what a nice way to say thanks for helping out huh? Im sure they will miss his helping hands when they are gone! I hope things go well and fast for him.

Today is Ds4's dentist appt then we go out to luch and head home so Dh can cut the grass.
Going to be a busy weekend again as theres alot going on and also try to catch some of Cinco de Mayo.

May 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Congrats to him on the job!

Going to do some more yard work today.

Thats all.
#12 is on the way
May 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just got home from working at w's school and the news is telling me that there are fires all over the so-cal area!! of course, i can smell the close one(s).....its gonna be a hot day too --- should do wonders for my asthma. NOT!!!

~~terre~~
May 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! Hoping you get a good rainshower today MIL.

Our school got broken into, they made a mess and cut the phone line and security camera wires. #2 needs glasses and she failed her learners. Our school is doing a beef on a bun thing and auction, and somehow I find myself being a beef cooking person. But I heart the school so I don't mind.
May 2nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
I think I am going through the change.
May 2nd, 2013, 01:03 PM
#5 - that is awful about the school. i hope they got fingerprints or something so these 'guys' can be caught.

FW -- i doubt it!!!!!!!

~~terre~~
May 2nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
yaahh,,,,my son did really well for his first and hopefully last shot in his mouth. He got his filling inbetween so you really cant tell but he was really funny while under the Nitros Ox---

Im not usually a fan of those liquid flavoring drops to add to water..but Im really liking the strawberr/ watermelon one. No calories and since I have a problem with eating ice nonstop, it makes it taste like a slush.yummm

May 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad it went well with your son.

I doubt it too fw.

My older 2 girls are playing in a rugby tournament this weekend, and dh and I are going to watch their games this afternoon.
May 3rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
watching lance bass on the view -- always liked him, always will.

also, believe it or not, i feel bored. can't spend any money, don't feel like cleaning or sewing or even being on the computer...what to do?

i have to bring salad tonight to Bible study, but i don't know what the main course is. so i am just making a fresh green salad with vegi's tossed in.

oh and wyatt is going home for the weekend so i can relax a while after baseball tomorrow morning. thank you Lord!

~~terre~~
May 3rd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Enjoy the tournament #5

Glad the dental work went good!

Mil, I like Lance Bass also

Nothing going on here, it's pretty boring at the moment.
May 4th, 2013, 05:23 AM
#1 is at the SAT. 2,3 are doing a car wash. 4 is in Atlanta. 5 is spending the night with a friend. So I have to actually take care of 6,7,8,9. My 5yo is the oldest and as to step up!
May 4th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Good luck to #1 on her SAT's......Lupan had to take them twice because he fell asleep during his first round lol

Not much here, headed out soon to take Ted to his doctors appointments. I love how they have Saturday hours, it's works out so much nicer for me.
May 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I got her Mountain Dew and Oreos so I don't think she will fall asleep. I went with her to the place because she didn't know where to go exactly. There was a group of about 25-30 kids waiting. My county is 50/50 black/white, with a few Asians, indians, and Hispanics thrown in. But the public high school is about 75% black. There was 1 Indian girl there, the rest were white. That doesn't make mathematical sense to me. It does make sense based on what I know of the county, but it isn't right.
May 4th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You'd be surprised what staying awake does for the score lol. He went from a 17 to a 21/22.

Our area is a good mix of Hispanics and whites. For the longest time it was rare to see a black person, not so much anymore, but still unusual. There was a good mix when I took mine who took the test, but we have a program out here, that pays for it. It's all about getting kids into college and works with low income/minority/first time college students. My kids qualified so they did it all. I also think they changed graduation requirements in the last year or so, so ALL students are required to take the SAT's in order to graduate.
May 4th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope she did well fw

Younger 2 both passed swimming lessons.
May 5th, 2013, 06:20 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here students that are juniors and seniors (who want a better score) take the SATs in school during school for FREE! (It's paid for by the district) I loved that when Kelsey was taking them.

Kelsey just had her 19th birthday. I am seriously getting old.

Dh has been working crazy overtime on the nightshift. Seven days a week - 10/13 hour days. We don't see him all week then we do see him he's MISERABLE. Hopefully, it will be only for another week or so - I hate this shift. I hate being a single parent. Right now it's only three kids so I shouldn't complain, however - the three of them are all involved in different sports. Swimming, baseball, and basketball - then throw in I have class two nights a week, PTA meetings, and my pool meetings. My plate overfloweth.

On a side note - Kelsey will be done school on Friday so I am driving down to pick up her and all her belongings and then I will have another driver!!!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

May 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Nightshift work is so hard on the body. For my hubby, the older he get's, the harder it is. Hopefully he'll get a break soon!
May 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I have 30 minutes to rest and watch tv then I have to get dinner prepped so the family has dinner while I go to home fellowship. I am not to sure this is working for me.

Time is up, baby is crying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search