I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2509Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW I literally LOL's at naming rights for the next baby! Heck, I'd give that away for free.

I just went and read about the new Pope. I'm not religious, so it really doesn't matter to me but as you said MIL it's still history. He was a chemist before becoming a priest when he was 32...I thought that was kinda interesting.

I'm still debating what we are having for dinner.
March 13th, 2013, 03:53 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
Drop kid at scouts, go to concert.

At CFA and then meeting builder to continue talking about the room addition.
Thought of that, but scouts is usually out around 8 Tried one family friend, he's working. Just texted another (The "Helper") ...not available

For dinner we are having fend for yourself. They all just had snacks so they are not going to be hungry and the fridges are full of leftovers.

Last edited by ~mommy~; March 13th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
March 13th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
So what did the 'helper' say lol...is the 'helper' aware that we ealk about him? hahaha
March 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
The helper is busy doing other work closer to his home with other people so he can't change his schedule. He did thank me for thinking of him. NO he is not aware we talk about him.
March 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Veteran
We're also having car issues. Seems every 3-4 months something on the van breaks. Right now it's the turn signal and the sliding door doesn't want to auto-lock. I keep eyeballing "new" cars (I'd love a 12 or 15-seater van!) but we don't have the money for it right now.

Today I'm going to have my 8-yr-old help make pies for PI day (which is tomorrow). Starting an important job like baking pies should encourage the baby to be born NOW, right? Kinda like when you're expecting a phone call but it doesn't happen until you're sitting on the toilet.
March 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Veteran
double post again!

Last edited by Genipher; March 13th, 2013 at 10:18 PM.
March 13th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The Helper is JM famous and doesn't even know it {{shakes head}}. LMBO!

Genipher...I laughed. If only mine would have been so nice.
March 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM
March 13th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday to Canaan!

FW, did I miss something?! Should I read back in the other thread?!

My day got better. We found a starter at a parts store for half the cost of what the Ford Garage quoted us ($175 compared to $395) and my step dad maybe has a lead for a local garage that will replace the starter cheaply. DH could do it if it was an older car, but this Expedition is a pain to work on, and there are 3 bolts to take the starter off, but the top bolt is in a weird place and my DH can't figure out how to get the third bolt off, or he'd do it himself and save us some $$. If I could find him a book on a 2008 Expedition he could probably do it.

I had hatching eggs arrive in the mail from Tennessee today. I'm really excited about them. Welsummer eggs, which lay a dark brown speckled egg. I haven't had any Welsummers in a couple years.

March 13th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, but I am in the 2ww. It was a prize offered if you give me $50,000 to add on to the house.

I have to be at the 4H office at 7:15 am(!) tomorrow for our day at the capital. Have I mentioned how we are not morning people?
March 13th, 2013, 06:47 PM
YAY!!! for 2ww. *fingers crossed* for you.
50,000??????
morning is awful esp. after daylight saving time.
March 13th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sitting here looking at all my new cloth diaper stash...boy this is going to be addictive!
sarahlorrain and MIL2lissy8 like this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
March 13th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Veteran
I have six, 7" apple pies made and cooling on the counter. I was planning on making 12 (the other half being blueberry) but I ran out of ingredients. Now I have a messy kitchen and my back is ACHING!
March 14th, 2013, 05:38 AM
FW, adding onto the house was the part I meant lol Are you adding on for real (to the house) or was it a joke because you're in the 2ww? Doesn't take much to confuse me I guess.

Last week I got myself a stayball (stability ball with 2lbs added weight in sand) to work out with at home and a 2 lb hand weight. Stayball came with a DVD that shows a few exercises you can do with the ball. Planking kills me. My abs are screaming in protest, my legs feel like rubber. I'm so freaking weak it's unbelievable!! I am only doing 15 minutes in the mornings for now, until my body is used to it, then I'll lengthen the workouts. I also ordered the "Rockin' Body" workout, a $70 program that was on sale for $20 and I have a coach through that! Kind of nice that my coach is also already a FB friend so that helps lol Buying the stuff for at home is a heck of a lot cheaper than joining a gym!!

March 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Gosh dang it I lost everything...

Gen the pies sound yummy! the clean up is always the worst part.

What does 2ww mean? I'm still trying to figure out the 'slang'.

BM8, when Sam lost weight (80+ pounds) she used Turbo Jam, I almost said Space Jam lol, and she loved it.

I was a good wife, I made the hubby breakfast when he got home even though I barely had two functioning brain cells.

Yesterday they dismissed Megan's no insurance ticket, all I had to do was have the insurance company fax over a copy of the cards and they dismissed it. We didn't even have to go in. That was nice.
#5in2005 and Babymakes8 like this.
March 14th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I haven't lost any weight yet, I've actually gained 2 lbs? But from what I have read that can be due to inflammation/water retention in small muscle tears due to the my muscles not being used to being worked out.

I have uh...lost boobage...my NEW got for Christmas bras are now baggie, and shirts are beginning to fit a little better. I guess that's something lol

oh and i think 2ww is two week wait.

March 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
When Sam decided to loose weight she also went on a diet overhaul. We honestly didn't think she'd do the diet change past 6 months cause she was a meat eating girl, but once she set her mind to being vegetarian she did it and is going on 7 years now. I grew up being vegetarian part of my childhood, mainly cause meat was not something my mom could afford, so I had some idea's about balanced foods, but I did have to do a lot of research. Now I can make almost anything into a veggie version. just a few days ago she was so excited to have veggie dumplings, like chicken and dumplings...it came out pretty good lol

Oh and Sam first lost in her boobs, she was not happy about that one!
March 14th, 2013, 07:50 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh was telling me yesterday about this 50-something lady he met while on a delivery who was - I kid you not - telling him about how she's going to get fat lipo-ed out of her tummy and implanted in her butt. She said her sister had the same procedure except she had her extra fat implanted in her boobs because she didn't have any. That's what I need to get done! When not pg, I'm pretty skinny, but have this bit of fat around my tummy that won't go away but would make some pretty nice boobs!
MIL2lissy8 and mom2many2010 like this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 14th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd like my tummy fat to head north a little too!
March 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I've got enough up north, I think I'd shift it to the behind... but no one wants a flabby butt, so I guess I should just work on dieting and squats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search