I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2173Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW I agree with Terre. I'd go crazy with that much activity!

FW, I also agree with the others. Be careful!

Terre, may I ask why you have Wyatt all of the time? I think you've said before but I don't remember

Megan made deans list a beauty school....I didn't even know they graded, when I went you either passed or you failed lol

Went to the store because I needed more fuses for the dryer, and got the kids one of those crazy hair sprinkler things. It's so HOT out there, they are having a ball. I'm trying to debate if I'm going to get another pool this year. Last year the dogs and pups destroyed two of them. Were down, numbers wise, on dogs so I'm thinking it might be safe again.
May 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
pool sounds wonderful. in fact, i am trying to see a house that has a pool.

as for wyatt, since my DIL is using daughters car full time to subsitute teach, there is no way for wyatt to get to school, which is on my side of town 10 miles away. so he stays here during the week and then home on weekends, just till the end of the school year. for next year, it totally depends where we live. the school he would be assigned to is less than a high performing school where his current school is the best in the whole city. at some point, we'd like him to be in private school, especially with all the new teaching requirements our state is forcing.

~~terre~~
May 9th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just washed my bedroom window.

It hasn't been cleaned since 2011 so I thought it was worth mentioning.
UrbanMomma, Jenilope and HalfDozen like this.
May 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
: )

~~terre~~
May 9th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL, I thought that's what it was, so you must have mentioned it before, but my foggy brain had forgotten lol

#5 Way to go! I do mine every summer, since doing it in the winter is just crazy. It's amazing what clean windows can do!

One of our chickens died to day, no clue how or why since she was fine yesterday. The kids buried her, sang Amazing Grace and made her a headstone lol
May 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Took the 8 youngest to the pool. The water is still too cold for me. But everyone had a nice time. When we got home our gate was closed. It is quite a mystery.

To to go make meatloaf and take #3 to dance.
May 9th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The pool sounds nice! But too cold for me too probably.

lol @ singing Amazing Grace for the chicken.

All my other windows get washed a bit more regularly, but no one sees the bedroom window except for me and dh, so I leave it for last.

Tomorrow I am going on a hot air balloon ride!!! I know this isn't everyone's dream but I'm thrilled!
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
May 9th, 2013, 01:51 PM
That will be very cool! Enjoy it.
#5in2005 likes this.
May 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i guess i should be ashamed to say that i dont wash windows???
#5in2005 likes this.

~~terre~~
May 9th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am proud Terre. But you must not have as many flies as I do in the summer.

Tonight, I was confronted with "those" kind of woman, I haven't been around that for years. You know them, those woman that love drama and they're not very nice and they always take the negative angle on things.

Dh is frustrated because he can't do anything right and I'm frustrated because he doesn't discuss stuff with me. I guess we need to work on our communicating...an ongoing process. Love him to bits still
May 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Have a great hot air balloon ride. I just washed windows the other day. Can't seem to figure out they get so many little fingerprints....LOL

It has been in the 70's for almost 2 straight weeks, now for MD weekend we might make it to 50's. Then by Tuesday, back to 70's.......figures.
#12 is on the way
May 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just saw a house fly die. NO JOKE!

I trapped him last night between the window and the screen in our bathroom. I went in to pee and saw him fly up on the screen and then he fell down. I looked on the window sill and he was dead on his back. Just the weirdest thing.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

May 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We ate by the neighbor the other night, since Rob put an alternator in her car, they owed us beer and food. She made fried chicken, greens, etc etc. She did it all cheap though, even the chicken seasoning was from a pkg. Still tasted good, but I was kinda disappointed. The only thing I really didn't care for was the greens. She added canned greens to hers and they must season them with nutmeg or cloves or something. It's got that spicy/back of your throat taste, and I'm not a fan of either of those tastes. Oh well, Weston likes the leftovers LOL
AND Oh my GOD her friends. You can totally tell the ones born and raised in WI and the migrants from Chicago. This one lady is on the phone all.night. and every time her kids would come ask for something, she'd turn and just snap "get the F out of my face!".. poor kids. I even found one of them in my house downstairs playing the wii by himself. I didn't even know he came in HAHA!

I don't wash most of the windows very often, but there are a few (screen doors) that I do all the time.

It is the year of roller blades. Noah got a pair from a garage sale he went to with a friend, so I had to order two more pairs for the girls. They were lucky I sold some diapers so I had paypal cash or they would have been fighting for weeks til we saved some money. Or should I say I am lucky? lol

May 10th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
just posted my 100th blog post!!! big day i guess. today wyatt is going for a playdate after school so i can have the whole day to do what i want. and what i want is to sleep but that is such a waste of a free day that i probably won't do it. thinking about visiting my bff here and her daughter who is visiting from out of state. ahhh the luxury of time.....

~~terre~~
May 10th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Balloon rides sounds so awesome, but I guarantee I'd chicken out before it even got off the ground lol

Repti, she tried, not all of us can be good cooks . I also don't like certain spices, they can completely ruin a meal for me.

Terre, congrat's on 100 blog post!

Cnote, I don't know why but the dying fly made me laugh!

Some help here ladies. I need books for Vanna to read, she's 8 and in 3rd grade but reads at about a 8-9th grade level. I am having a heck of time finding books for her, any suggestions?
May 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to see what my 12 yr old bookworm is reading.

Ok, so balloon ride. We had to be at a hotel at 6:15 and then at 6:30 the dad of the 14 year old that was supposed to go too comes up and says, she's not coming does dh want to go. Poor dh had to say no, seeding people were coming at 7:15, but they asked if I knew someone else that could be there in 10. Haha, I phoned my mom and said, get up and be here ASAP. My mom was totally game as I knew she would be. Anyways, it was really awesome, totally fun to go with my mom, and very interesting too how it's all set up and stuff.. We went right towards our farm so that was fun too.
Now I'm off to my older 2's rugby games in a little bit, and then getting them glasses. The other 3 are having sleepovers, so that's nice.
HalfDozen likes this.
May 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about 80 AD? Noah likes the books. I am reading the 1st one too. It's not boring. Either that or throw her life of pi.

May 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
That sounds wonderful! Glad your mom could come.

I am at McDonald's with 7&8 while 1&2 are at the venue we are having our homeschool prom at tonight. It should be fun.
May 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I think a hot air balloon ride sounds super fun!! I'm glad your mom got to experience it, too.

Not much going on in this neck of the woods - just waiting for my oldest to get home since I let her take my car today.

May 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Thanks for the suggestion Repti. Those are closer to what I was looking for, and free, really can't beat that!

« School | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search