I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2324Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A hot air balloon ride sounds awesome! I'm glad you and your mom had a great time!

My german shepherd bit my nephew yesterday unprovoked. My nephew is fine by one tooth did drawl blood. I'm not sure what to do.
May 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no Cortney! How long have you had your dog and how old is your nephew?

Our trees are finally sprouting some leaves, it started monday and I'm loving seeing some green finally.

Embarrassing confession. I am just now washing some of dh's coveralls that he hasn't worn in we quit dairy farming (April 1). They've just been hanging on the hooks. My excuse is that I've been waiting so that I could hang them up outside. Yeah, that's it!
May 11th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
If a dog bites, who has shown no inclination before, it can almost always be attributed to pain....how old is the dog. Sometimes it's not always obvious to us.

I believe your reasons....sounds perfectly logical to me lol

My bestfriends husband came out and tilled my garden area, after 4 hours and a whole bunch of peat moss it is gorgeous and much bigger.

I'll just copy this from my FB....

"My Mothers Day curse lives on, just about every Mothers Day I do/have something that happens to me, sometimes requiring a trip to the E.R. Well, today I fell off the back of my friends husbands pick-up truck. It was a good 3-4 ft to the ground. My elbow, chin (cause I had to punch myself on the way down) and thighish area (cause I fell on a rock) are killing me, by tomorrow I'm sure I will feel as if that truck had hit me LMAO!"
May 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Ouch!! I hope you feel better than I imagine you do!

Maddox, the dog, is 7 and my nephew is 16. Luckily the nephew is taking it well and I don't have to worry about a lawsuit but the whole incident has left me weary. My nephew is.not a stranger to the dogs at all. He spends a lot of time here actually. We do think he may not.be feeling himself. He's eatting but not as much as usual. We're watching him closely.
Oh and we have had him since he was 6 wks old. He's always been timid and weary. Even when we choose him the breeder tried to talk us out of.him because he ran from people. Dh wouldn't let me have the one I wanted because he was silver tipped and would end up looking similar to a wolf. Maddox was the only one with traditional markings.

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; May 11th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
May 13th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Good morning everyone! Must have been a busy weekend for everyone, it's pretty dead in here

Cortney, how the doggy feeling?

Had a good Mothers Day. The hubby got me an enameled cast iron pot. The kids were trying to give me hints but I couldn't figure it out. It's something he wanted also, so it works out nicely lol

The kids spoiled me, I've got $25 to spend on Amazon (from Sam) and can't think of anything. My MIL took the little ones out to pick me out something, they all had interesting choices, Vanna picked me out a cupcake maker, in the shape of hearts, kinda like those sandwich makers, she was also proud of the deal she found on it lol

Let's see, I am still really sore from falling out of the truck. I forget in my sleep and roll over and it will instantly wake me up, but I am not in 'pain'.

I've learned that my grandma, on my dad's side, is in the hospital and my grandfather is making the decision to take her off life support. I'm saddened, but over the years have not been super close to them.

I guess that's it here.
May 13th, 2013, 06:00 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Maternity leave is more work than going to work. Apparently since I am on leave everyone thinks EVERYTHING is MY job. I am finding this very aggravating. Its making me be in a not so good mood and that's why I am not posting much.
#12 is on the way
May 13th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That would drive me crazy UM!!! By the time I got to your stage of pregnancy I started to get a little grumpy regardless.

M2M, I hope you don't stay sore for too long.

It's monday and I'm doing laundry and tidying up around the house. The kids have a rugby game after school. I'm looking forward to the activities ending and to just have gymkhana once a week, the girls all do it, (and dh often goes too) so it doubles as a family activity.
May 13th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have trained everyone to believe that me making sure they do everything is my job.

A friend here adopted a newborn little girl. So beautiful, but I find I have mixed feelings about it. It doesn't matter what I think andi said and did all the right things, but I am so sad for the bio mom. I asked if she was young, the new mom says oh yes, she turned 20 in the process. She said the boyfriend signed everything he needed to, the io mom signed everything she needed to, that she didn't want to know if it was a boy or girl, didn't want to see her or hold her at all.

I just am so sad for her. She is 20 years old. She could have raised her baby. I don't know what went into her making this decision, but I can't believe it was done without duress. But I guess that is 42 yo me looking at it. But I don't think 20 is too young. I was thinking 15 or 16, but 20?
May 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My mom placed a baby up in her 40's, he was #5 and now 16. We stay in contact through facebook, hell I'm closer to him then I am the brother (19) still at home, love him but he's a bit of an ***.
May 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't imagine giving a baby up for adoption, but if that's what she thought was the best thing to do, I guess that's her decision. I just hope .... I don't know how to say this ... I hope she's able to live with the regret she's bound to have down the road.

UM, make those kids do some chores! You have enough of them! I've really been buckling down on make my kids do chores and when they talk back or really do anything else that pisses me off, I send them to bed. They've been angels today. Of course, mine are home all day, but after breakfast they have to clean the house and they know what has to be done before they can do anything else. Then, while Ethan naps I try to take care of the upkeep for the rest of the day while the kids play, etc.

M2M, hope you're feeling better soon.

So my mom (60 yo) called me yesterday and told me that she had a stress test and the doctor says she thinks my mom has had a heart attack at some point. Obviously a mild one since she doesn't know when it happened. All she knows is that for the last year she has been extremely tired and she's been hounding her doctor to look into it because she really felt something wasn't right. So now she has to have an angiogram - did I spell that right? - and of course she's pretty nervous about that. Aside from obviously being really worried about my mom, I'm worried about me, because my great grandmother died from a heart attack, my grandmother had multiple heart attacks and at least one stroke before finally dying from something else, my mom and her sister both have high blood pressure, and now this. Plus, my grandmother had macular degeneration and my mother has recently been diagnosed as well. So, both problems seem to be genetic in my family. Fab-u-lous. Apparently, lots of cardio exercise help prevent both problems, and luckily I am exercise a lot so now I really have the incentive to keep it up!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
May 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
How did she come to that decision? That seems crazy to me. My friends adopted a baby who was #5 in his family too. The bio mom just thought she couldn't take care of him. She had one or two with special needs. I just don't think I could do it. Now, once they turn 7 or 8....
HalfDozen likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I could never give up a baby for adoption either, however if you could give up 14 or 16 year olds, I'd be all in.....LOL Just kidding....

My oldest sons high school is on lock down due to a bomb threat at the city hall. Apparently a man claims to have a bomb and hostages inside city hall, which is less than half a mile from the high school.

I'd get kids to do chores but they suck at doing them.
#12 is on the way
May 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Scary about the bomb threat!! I hope everyone is okay.

I can't imagine giving a baby up. I was 19 (almost 20) when I had my first, and it never once entered my mind. It's just not in me. Thankfully, I also have a supportive family, and my mom would have never allowed it. My sister also had one at 16, and she never thought of giving her up, either. I guess there are all different people, though, and I'm sure the adoptive mother is thrilled to have the baby!!

I can't seem to find the time to get anything done that needs done around the house. I think my energy went out the window about 2 kids ago.

May 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
She is thrilled. She had an emergency c section and then a day later an emergency hysterectomy. She had two girls and then suddenly lost her father and sister all in the last three years. So she is super happy, named her joy, and all that. But I am consumed with grief for the bio mom. Again, it isn't my business, I don't know anything about her life, I am just so sad for her.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sarah, I hope your mom is okay and with some diet change and maybe some medication they can keep it under control.

Um, when mine were teens I had the same thought

FW, my mom's choice was the right choice. Siblings #3 and 4 were already in foster care, there were some issue's with drugs. I'd had custody of #3 when I was pregnant with my oldest, but DCFS was concerned that I would still let my mom see my sister, so they placed her. When #4 came along there was more drugs, they bypassed me and put him with my sister, with a great Indian woman who allowed me unlimited access (my mom to eventually) and cooked really yummy food. She had started to get herself back together when she learned she was pregnant with #5. Now she wasn't supposed to be able to have any more babies after #2 due to some extensive bleeding, she'd tried for years after #2 with no luck, and then boom has a drug problem and has 3 more. Her drug issue was a functioning issue's, she was never 'in the gutter' so to speak. Upon adoption the adoptive parents were given all of my information and all of my other sisters. They keep my mom in the loop but she stays out of his life...when he's ready he can go to her. He never asks about her though, I'm thinking someday he will. She did do right by him, he's 8 hours from me and has a great life, travells, goes on missions. His parents have done a wonderful job with him.

My sister also placed one for adoption, she was really young though, and has contact with her DD...birthdays, holidays, etc,. she is involved in.

Last edited by mom2many2010; May 14th, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
May 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I think adoption can be a wonderful thing! My cousin is adopted and my ex SIL was adopted at age 2, cps case, so I'm all for the wonderful relationships it can lead to. It is a little sad that she didn't want an open adoption. I think that would be my choice if I were to adopt a child. I'd want them to know where they came from.

Funny, that we're speaking on the subject because I told dh yesterday that I felt very strongly that we were supposed to adopt a special needs baby. Don't ask me why but it has been weighing on my heart so much lately. DH says I've finally went completely insane.

We went to track day and watched #4 perform. Little kids + tug-o-war = absolutely adorable!! I forgot sunscreen though and am now paying dearly. Milly and Izzy got a little red but not much at all. I won't be making that mistake twice!
May 14th, 2013, 05:32 AM
On Mothers Day there was a story on the news about some woman who found her birth mom after 40 years (or something like that), If I was adopted I don't think I'd care to find my birth parents.

My bathroom smells like pee. Apparently the lil boys (or maybe the big ones) can't hit the toilet. Its kinda "pissing me off" LOL (sorry) but it is. I swear I am going through a bottle of cleaner a week trying to keep away the pee smell.

Glad you had fun at field day, sorry you got burned.
#12 is on the way
May 14th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My mom and sister were devastated when they gave their babies up. I was afraid my mom would back slide, but she actually pulled herself together. My sister is more upset by it then my mom. I think my mom being older was able to recognize that it was the right thing to do. I think birth parents are the most unselfish people out there. They put the child above anyone and anything, and let's face it the mom's could have chosen abortion, then they wouldn't even exist.
May 14th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to believe that people that give up their babies do so because they love their babies so much they want them to have more than they could provide. Even if they're "old enough" to keep the baby. I think adoption is a wonderful thing, but there's always a sad side for someone in it.
MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.
May 14th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Perhaps some birth parents are unselfish, but I can't believe all of them are doing it for the better of the child. There are other scenario's and abortions aren't free.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search