I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2119Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
So its that time for the great neighborly yard off I guess..lool..( been while since we have been able to particpate due to traveling

Dh has been doing alot with the grass and getting a couple of areas soil ready for new plants. We are trying to decide on what to put..we missed the season for planting tulips...I want a million of them and in many different colors. Love tulips ! more than roses even.
May 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
private post.
May 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Well my grandmother passed last night. I guess she had been ill for a while, but I wasn't told. I'm sure it wasn't with any intentions. My aunt e-mailed, my cousin had already told me though, I guess my grandpa is taking it hard. They'd been married for 67 years
May 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i bet he is -- 67 years is a lifetime for many people!!! sending my condolences on your loss. : (

~~terre~~
May 14th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about your loss M2M. Your poor grandpa but also what a blessing to have been married for 67 years.
May 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry, too. Praying for you and grandpa tonight.
May 15th, 2013, 06:01 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sorry for your loss. Wow. 67 years, that IS a lifetime!!
#12 is on the way
May 15th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My mom and I were trying to figure out how old my grandparents were, cause to me they were always 'old' lol, we put them in their early 80's but when my aunt mentioned how long they had been married we changed that, and my grandpa was older then my grandma. I guess it was a really hard road for her this last year, it sounds like she is at peace, and now my grandpa can rest. He's been her main caregiver through it all.

Lupan took all of the little ones last night, it was nice to not wake up at 5/6 am but I woke up with a killer headache, yuck, just waiting for the coffee and ibuprofen to kick in.
May 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Time to lighten the mood.

We were at the ballpark. #2 tells me that she, friend a and friend b were just hanging out talking when an old man walks up to them and says "I am going to the concession stand. Would any of you ladies like a drink?". My daughter says "uh, no thanks". Friend a says "uh, no thanks". And friend b says "sure, I will take a coke ". My daughter freaks out on her when he walks away and says "why did you say yes?" She says " why did you say no? Daughter says "because I don't know him" friend b says "I do, that's my grandfather!" She was embarrassed that she didn't recognize her friends gpa! But I thought she did the right thing.
May 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about your gma.

LOL! Cute story, FW!
May 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2m--- im sorry to hear the loss of your grandmother. What an amazing couple! 67 years thats incredible. Hope your meds and coffee kick in soon and the headache goes.
May 15th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I lol'd FW, that is too funny!
May 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM
LOL FW.

We went to Target this morning and while we were walking around the baby gave me a good kick and I said "Ouch." Marquay and Kya were with me and asked why did I say "ouch" so I explained to them about the baby kicking me and sometimes it hurts. So the two of them have been walking around today saying "ouch, my baby is kicking me."
#12 is on the way
May 15th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry for the family's loss m2m. I know I for one hope i have a marriage as long as theirs!

May 16th, 2013, 06:44 AM
The next month or so is busy. Kya's 3rd birthday is this weekend. Next Thursday is oldest son's last day of high school and prom. The husbands 40th birthday is next weekend. June 1st is graduation, June 8th is his grad party, June 22nd is Naathaniels 12th bday.

I am tired just thinking about it!!Luckily after that I have a break in the action until baby comes!
#12 is on the way
May 16th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thatis busy! Have fun and enjoy the milestones.

#4 finished his 4th grade math book today. I said he could be off til evaluations on the 31st.
UrbanMomma likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lots going on for you UM.

Good job #4.

So this lady was in front of me in the line at the grocery store, with 3 little girls, they were about 5,4 and 2 and it reminded me of when I had 3 that age and that me thinking of how big they are now, and so when I got in my van I cried a little. I didn't sob, just maybe a tear or 2 about how fast is going and how thankful I am for my family and dh and my own health.

My friends daughter had a 1lbs 6oz baby, and he is 3 weeks today! And he has been doing pretty well, no major setbacks anyways, so that is just awesome.
May 16th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Enjoy it UM, the kick back and relax.

FW, we are behind because of all the sickness that went on around here. We're trying to catch up.

I've had a bit of drama. Let's see if I can give the condensed version

Sam's BF was supposed to come over. When it got late and he didn't show she got concerned and called him. He was drunk and with my nephew (not blood, but loved the same). These two together is not a good thing, they feed off one another. So of course she is hurt and pissed, BF and her get in a fight and my nephew decided to take BF's phone and starts chewing her out and calling her names. Yeah, I am not a happy momma. The fight was between Sam and her BF, even I stay out unless asked for help. Nephew and BF aren't were they say they are and no one hears from them. DD is sure BF is going to break up with her and blame it all on her, this has happened in the past, but it has been a long time.

Nephew's wife is pissed. I'm pissed, and his mom and dad (legally but not biologically he came to them in his 20's) are pissed cause mom spent a bunch of money on a camping trip she didn't have, and then he pulls this and doesn't show up when he's supposed to.

Boyfriend calls this morning and does apologize and doesn't try to blame DD. DD decides to not go to work (she showed up here at 8 am, climbed in my lap and cried, broke this momma's heart). Before she showed up she called the girl she gives a ride to work. A girl who doesn't help with gas, and when DD mentioned it is breaking her break said girl told her to borrow from her parents, cause "it's not like Sam goes out of her way to pick her up", she does but not much. Here's the kicker this girl and her boyfriend start to threaten my DD threaten to kick her ***, but they're so broke they tell Sam to come to them, so they can beat the **** out of her! WTH? I've been telling her to stop giving this girl rides but Sam is a softy at heart, hopefully she stops giving her rides. Then her boss calls and starts chewing her out for not showing up to work, she did call, but mid tirade realized something was wrong. Told her to take the day and she could get her *** chewing tomorrow.

She's had one hell of a 24 hours.
May 16th, 2013, 04:09 PM
((((hugs)))) to Sam. Sorry she had such a rough day. I'd definitely stop giving the other girl rides anywhere.
#12 is on the way
May 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I guess the boyfriend of this girl called Sam up a bit ago and apologized for his reaction, told her that she didn't need to pick the girl up anymore and he would find his girlfriend a ride to work. The girl though hasn't called or said anything. So strange.

The story get's even better and I'm not sure I gave the best advice. Turns out the nephew cheated, and Sam's boyfriend didn't know what to do about it. So Sam called me in confidence and told me, and asked what to do. I said to say nothing, but if point blank asked do not lie. Kinda how I raised them. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do on my end with the info without giving away how I know this :wall:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search