I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2072Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went to the homeschool graduation ceremony today. It was so sweet. I can't believe mine will do that next year. And she decided today she wants to be a surgeon. So yay we have a goal.
May 18th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'll let you all know when the kids get here

FW that sounds sweet and a surgeon? yikes lol

Went a birthday party for 'grannie' (I don't think I even know her real name), she turned 95, she's a hoot!
May 18th, 2013, 07:34 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh the tea was lovely!!! i posted pics on my facebook of many of the tables. each table was different -- decorated by the table hostess. some were a bit over-the-top for me but beautiful nonetheless. came home to a little boy that was off the charts full of energy, which is categorically impossible because he was up before 5a.m., had already had 3 hours of tryouts for an all stat team in baseball, went to the batting cages, played miniature gold and then we played real golf out fron and went for a walk.

we went out for a quick dinner at old spaghetti factory (yes they have gluten free) and noticed a limo driver with about 10 high schoolers (mostly girls) going to prom and he was telling them when they had to be back at the car. we invited him to join us for dinner and had a really great time getting to know him. he was hungry for a church to go to so we invited him to go to ours tomorrow. not sure he can maker it after chauffeuring tonight but the offer is out there. and now, at 7:30p.m., i am about to head downstairs to get ready for bed and plan an early night.

~~terre~~
May 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Busy weekend here, and I can't remember everything I read...

Hubby graduated Friday and took a test today for national certification. He should get the results sometime today. The in-laws are in town. And I've been running kids around for community service, etc. It will be nice to have them back to school tomorrow.

May 19th, 2013, 04:20 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Kya had a nice birthday. My brothers come and eat so much food. I'm tired. Long day, minimal dh help. Next weekend is dh's bday, then Isaacs graduation, then his party, then Fathers day, then Naathaniels birthday. I can't wait for July so i can sit down and rest.
#12 is on the way
May 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
oooh man...what a morning so far...one of the most embarrasing things that can happen to a mother happened to me this morning.
So , I get DD1 ready for school and Dh walked her to the bus stop, normal morning. about 20 mins later the school calls and says theres no school today!! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Today is kindergarden roundup and DS4 was suppose to be there at 8 am !!!

yeah so rushed to get him ready and out the door with the needed papers and Dh took him for that and will bring DD1 home. what a great way to start the day.

Im telling ya....PREGGO BRAIN HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!!!
May 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hahaha Amira. I did something similar, got the kids up and ready for school, ate breakfast then headed down to the bus stop. When the bus didn't come I got to thinking.....................it was Saturday. My kids were not very happy with me lol
May 20th, 2013, 11:57 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Went meat shopping today. Folks look at you strange when you are buying 30 lbs of hamburger, cases of ribs and tips, 25 pounds of chicken, 15 pounds of pork chops, 10 lbs of ox tails, 8 lbs of sausage plus more miscellaneous stuff. Luckily the place had carry to your car service.

Its really hot and humid here today.

I tried to take a 3rd trimester (30 week) pic today and I have decided I am ugly and huge and I am lucky people don't try to harpoon me when I am out.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
May 20th, 2013, 12:20 PM
^^^^^^and your crazy too! the picture is perfect.

~~terre~~
May 20th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well, now it's sideways, but yes, it's perfect other than that

I hope everyone is enjoying their b-days by you too UM!

Terre, that sounds like such a nice thing to do.

I didn't read back at all. I'm just plain too lazy. lol

It's not hot here, just humid. I had to turn the ac on. Probably have the heat on sometime this week yet too, never know! lol

May 20th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Please say a prayer that my friends and her girls are okay. They live in Moore, Oklahoma and her husband is currently deployed.
UrbanMomma likes this.
May 20th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ praying m2m! I'm so devastated watching the school rescue.

Hoping that this storm cell breaks up before it hits us.
May 20th, 2013, 04:50 PM
jen: please update us when you talk to her!!! will pray. it is terrifying what I am seeing on the tv.

~~terre~~
May 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry guys, we got word through her step MIL that her and the girls are fine, the house is a loss though. Her in-laws are on their way to get them, but they are in Texas so it will take some time, but they are safe. From what I gather she had both of her girls with her, I'm assuming she most likely just got back from getting her oldest when it hit.

Terre, it was actually your FB post that made me turn on the news. I knew she had the warnings going off, but they happen so much out there, that I didn't think much of it
May 20th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad she is safe!

Um, I don't see any pic. You stop the fat trash talking. I have had it up to *^* with it.

I had a great day doing math, swimming, visiting my friend whose husband died 6weeks ago, and hanging out with the family all night emptying boxes from moving back home how many months ago?

Did I tell you about my cousin with one kid? They live in Seattle, I live in fl. They sent me a nice fancy graduation announcement. Now, I believe they expectation is I will send him a nice gift. I know they don't think I will be attending. I have met this kid once, when he was 2. Fine. I will send a card with $20. And I am sending a graduation announcement for every single one of my kids when it is their turn. Bring it on.
May 20th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Glad you had a good day FW. I always feel bad when I send out those announcements, my numbers are much larger then everyone but I know they'd be butt hurt if I didn't.

My friend house is a loss, the picture of the girls room, with only the bunk beds standing really his home (impressive bunk beds though). Even her pups are okay. They hid in the bathtub, she and her one DD went to the neighbors who had a storm shelter and her DD was at school....the Tower Plaza school that's the focus right now. Ask I can think is wow when I look at her pics.
May 20th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That's so terrifying to think about!! I'm glad they are ok!

The storm system made it here and the sirens went off but it was pretty weak. Just some uprooted trees north of town. Y'all should have seen the text my mom sent me as her invite to use her shelter. It was pathetic.
May 21st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad they're safe! I saw your post on FB about it (or I dreamed it, that has happened before).

Sydney is home sick today, Sebastian has a field trip. Hopefully it doesn't rain them out. Noah's geocaching thing was cancelled for today because of potential rain. The other elementary kids have this space bus thing going to their school. That's how I know Sydney really doesn't feel well.

May 21st, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Repti, hope the little one feels better!

Well she is safely at her in-laws now. Her oldest DD's teacher actually laid on top of her during the tornado, it made me cry. She's my friend who only lives in my computer, but we have 'known' each other for over 5 years. Our youngest DD's are only a few days apart and both start with the letter K, and it was a complete accident. We're a small group on another forum and we are getting things together to send to her, clothes for her and the girls, and I think I will grab a few toys for the girls since I know that everything was lost.
Farmers-wife likes this.
May 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
now why did that word 'forun' in your post generate an ad for diapers, jen? that's weird.....what size clothes do her girls wear?

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search