I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2354Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha Terre, it's not doing it on my end lol

Her youngest is a 3t, she's a tiny little thing. Her oldest is a 5 or xs small if things have elastic.
May 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Didn't read all the way back, but did a little. Glad your friend in Oklahoma is ok, such devastating pictures on the news

Camped in my brother's yard this weekend, had loads of fun and loads of fun for young and old. Kid count was 23. 17 kids from 3 families. No wonder we hang out together because no one else wants to. just kidding. sort of.
May 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2M glad they are safe but how sad that the house was destroyed most of all that they lost everything!! The loss ( thankfully not eachother ) of an entire home would be unthinkable.
Its material yes but its still a place these people called home! I just couldnt imagine. I wish there was something I could do.

Although I have never been in a tornado or natural disaster like that, it would be extremely terrifying! T&P for them and all those affected by it. tragic!!

FW good idea about the future grad cards!!!

repti hope Sydney feels better soon.

Nothing new to add ....My doc appt was canceled to day because of emergency surgery so rescheduled for tomorrow.
May 22nd, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Amira, she is just now realizing all that they lost. I also get that it 'just' a house, and 'just' things, but it was their house and their things, all of which hold memories. I'd be sad also.

Well headed out to grocery shop and to see what deal I can score for them
May 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
AAhh terrible what must be running through her mind and everyone affected by such a disaster.

What a kind a soul you are for your help! We will most likely be donating to red cross as well.

On a lighter note...my ice maker in my fridge door for some reason has almost stopped making ice , and that for me is NOT good becuz im living off ice while pregnant!!! hopefully Dh can get it fixed asap!!!
May 22nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fun day! Field trip to an excavation site, lunch with friends, brief (too brief) nap, then swimming. Now to come up with something for dinner.
May 22nd, 2013, 07:10 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Losing all your "stuff" really sucks....But, what you don't realize at the time is before you know it you acquire more "stuff". So glad everyone is ok, because that is what really matters.
Farmers-wife likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'd hate to lose all of my stuff. There are just little things, pictures, stuff that means something to me. I wish I had extra $ to donate. I have been thinking could spare $10, but hell what is that, nothing.

I'm feeling torn about the husbands vasectomy appointment scheduled for the end of June. I am trying to enjoy every little moment of this pregnancy. I am sad. I have always had this picture in my mind of my unborn children, in line, in Heaven waiting to be born. What if one is left behind. Maybe that sounds stupid. But not ever even having the chance to have another baby.........sigh
#12 is on the way
May 22nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
I don't blame you. I understand completely.
May 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
On the friend front tomorrow they are going back (her husband will be home) to see what they can salvage and get her husbands 2012 ford mustang that he races out of the garage, other then cosmetic damage it looks good, the same for her truck....which looked like someone took a giant poop on it lol. She's really hoping to find some of the kids baby things, everything is lower on the ladder for her.

I went grocery shopping. That hurts the pocket book every time. I need to figure out how to cook less, I'm struggling with it! I also got each of my friends girls 2 outfits, and a pair of shoes. A bunch of art supplies, and I got mom a $40 gift card to get what she wants/needs. It almost cost more to ship it cause I had to use UPS, although they did give me a discount.

That's pretty much been my day.

Oh and UM, even though I know I am done and don't want anymore neither of us are fixed either cause it seems so permanent.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
M2M, that was really generous of you. i am proud to call you 'friend'.

UM, i so totally agree with your feelings. i had a dream or vision or whatever you want to call it, when i was pregnant with my 3rd. in it i was standing before God and he was pointing off into the distance at a crying baby just laying there in the darkness. he said that was what i was going to miss out on because i was making the decision to stop having babies permanently without His blessing. i changed up my mind real quick and went on to finally have a daughter after 3 boys.
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
May 23rd, 2013, 05:47 AM
Oh great, thanks, Terre, now I feel like crying. LOL.

M2M, thats how I feel, like its so.....permanent. I keep telling dh, we are older, he's 40 in a couple days, and I will be 40 in September, so it isn't like we have 10-15 more years to have babies. It is just not feeling right.

However he is insisting. There isn't anything I can do I guess, if it is meant to NOT be, then I guess God has to speak to him.

Ohhh and m2m, hope your friend is able to find some things that she wants/needs.

Speaking of groceries and cooking, I am feeling the same way, we are spending so much on food and we really should be able to get by better. I think planning meals MIGHT help but I don't like the idea of having to eat such and such on a certain day. Sometimes that just isn't what i feel like.

So, I think I am almost done with my yard work, at least the work doesn't seem like it will never end now. Still have a few pieces of sod to lay, but my flowers are all planted. Still need to fix the front porch railing, put new mulch under the swingset, get the pool up, weed whack behind the garage, clean out the garage, get my patio set put up, finish painting my other table and get the hole drilled in it for an umbrella. Then I *think* I am done.

Isaac's last day of high school and the prom are today. Two more hours and he is officially done with high school!!!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
May 23rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Wow prom and graduation on the same day? That's a long day congrat's to him!

My yard is never done. I hate my yard, it really needs to be reseeded, and one side won't even grow grass.

I do menu plan, most of the time, but it's not a rigid menu. I have the meals hanging on the fridge and then I just decide which one to cook and cross it off. I also make sure that I have a few extra meals that are easy for those nights where I just really don't want to cook. My problem is coming up with the meals when doing the menu. I can never think of anything. I ask the kids for a suggestion, then fill in the blanks. It does help my bill some, it also saves me trips to the store where I always seem to 'need' something else. My problem is not over cooking, I just haven't figured out how to cook for less. Sam was never a big eater and just ate the things she could or had sandwiches or a salad. Lupan was a huge eater, Ted and Megan aren't always here. So when there are less people here I can't judge the amount to cook. I'm either under cooking or over cooking. Ugh.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Its just the last day of high school, graduation ceremony is not until June 1st. Prom is tonight 6-10.

Thats a good idea, make a meal plan for the week and then just decide what for each day as it comes. Maybe I will try that, its a little looser.

Its just the last day of high school, graduation ceremony is not until June 1st. Prom is tonight 6-10.

Thats a good idea, make a meal plan for the week and then just decide what for each day as it comes. Maybe I will try that, its a little looser.
#12 is on the way
May 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's what I do when I meal plan, switch my days around a bit.

#2 got her learners today.
May 23rd, 2013, 04:53 PM
That's how I do it, too.

Went to a little play today for a homeschool co op. then swimming, cleaning, baking, and now the babies are all in bed, the 1,3,4,5 are at play practice, dh is at band practice, and me and 2 are watching tv, folding laundry and just generally lounging around. Gonna get us some ice cream in a minute.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
dh is out of town. I am trying to send the littles to bed. none of them seem inclined to want to go.....I am Took ds3 (dc4) to kindergarten visitation today. The parapro already loves him. (she was parapro for ds2s teacher) Would be nice if she ended up his teachers helper. Her name is Mrs. Norris. Always loved the idea that she has mad ninja skills She's going to need them with this dc.
Come BTS what am I going to do with only 2dc in the house all day?
May 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am sure you ^^^^^ will find something to do with your time. but don't use me today for you example -- i am having one of those 'lost' days....

~~terre~~
May 23rd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
God spoke to me on the subject by giving me a major panic attack just as the were about to wheel me into the OR. Up until that moment I wasn't having second thoughts at all. I was so confused and embarrassed about my reaction for a long time but it all made since when #6 came along!
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
May 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Thankfully He has never spoken to me about more kids. Him and I just might have had an argument

I need to go through all of my kids clothes and see what I can find for my sister. She tells me last night that her kids can't attend their graduations cause she doesn't have proper clothes for them. Turns out they just really need clothes. I'd have done a little less for my friend, had I known this. Next pay period I can help her, but that's not till the 7th, and they graduate the beginning of the week.I know I have some sizes she needs for the boys, but I'm not sure about the girls...

I could use my garden money, but then that takes food out of our mouths. Decisions, decisions...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search