I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1831Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I planted my garden.

I'm bored, where is everyone?
May 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am checking in.....i got a haircut this a.m. --- then went to an estate sale. big mistake. i didn't buy anything (no money) but it left me feeling so sad for the lady whose house it had been.

came home, had lunch with my son who came by on his lunch break. then i took off to sams club to pick up photos and a new memory card for my camera. got home, did a few quick things and them i retired to my bed for an hours rest-time while i watched 'the midwives' episode from last weekend. and now, well, i am stalling on my chores again.

my DH has a birthday on monday, the holiday. the weekend is totally not working out how i had imagined. i might post up in the private forum in a few minutes....

~~terre~~
May 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Want to come here and build and plant mine????

I agree estate sales are sad....Your dh and my dd3 share a birthday. On the 27th my dd3 will be 2
May 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here. The iPad logged me out and it is too much of a bother logging back in sometimes.

We are tired and all the ten and unders are in bed. It is DHs birthday. We went to the pool, had pizza, cake. Now I am reay for a pre bed nap.

Ok, I am either pg or going through the change. I was having serious hot flashes this morning. Would have bought a test at he dollar store but two teens were with me. I'm not late yet, though. Will wait.
UrbanMomma likes this.
May 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck, FW!!!

I bought the kids old school wooden theater chairs for their rooms at a garage sale today. A row of 4 for the girls and we're going to piece together a row of three for the boys. All for $30 bucks. I love random old stuff, lol!
#5in2005 and UrbanMomma like this.
May 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I say pregnant. I know what you mean about buying with teens. LOL

I want to plant a garden, but there is too much going on right now.

Estate sales are kinda sad.

I like random old stuff too.

My dh's bday is Sunday. He is the big 4-0. I was going to get him a new trimmer/edger, but **** the good ones are expensive.
#12 is on the way
May 24th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I spent $25 on a clipper set 14 or 15 years ago. That was a chunk of money for us at the time. I learned to cut my husbands hair. It has probably saved us $600 over the years. More if you count my bils hair when he lived with us for 8 years.

Probably pg. I have also been pretty quick to anger. Or that could be pms.

Is it wrong that I am watching the hangover with my teen girls? It s the TBS version though.
May 24th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I love estate sales, and I try not to think about the why of them.

Happy Birthday to all of the people having them.

FW, I am quite sneaky and could buy them with the kids standing right there lol I also watched the Hangover.....with all of the kids. The younger ones tend to tune it out. I am not a comedy fan, but I love those movies.

#5 I'll plant, but I didn't even build mine

I cut everyone's hair and am waiting for when I can hand the scissors over to Megan. Lupan was her model a few days ago but I had to promise if he didn't like it I would fix it. He paid for a haircut once and hated it, and vowed only I would be able to cut his hair ever again.
May 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM
three margaritas later, i am feeling pretty chill about the weekend. my baseball team won tonight, life is good. i hope he likes all my ideas for his birthday....
Momtothe6thpower likes this.

~~terre~~
May 25th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know i haven't been here in awhile. I have a lot to catch up on. meanwhile, private post.

May 25th, 2013, 05:42 AM
I bought dh new clippers ($200 for $100 with his discount at the beauty supply store) for something last year.

I was going to buy him a gas powered lawn trimmer/edger, but the good ones start at $100. The hair clippers justify the cost. The lawn tools just don't in my mind. I bought him some summer clothes and a big bag of miscellaneous snacks for his midnight binges. I might get him some cologne. He keeps talking about some.
#12 is on the way
May 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a weed whacker/ edger last year from walmart. Haven't used the edger part, but it exists lol. It wasn't that expensive, I know that. I bought it for him after he spent all day fighting with the gas one we used to have, and got SUPER pissed at it. Couldn't get it working at all, and finally just gave it to the neighbor to tinker with.
Someone stole it out of the neighbor's yard... lol Take that theifs! You got a stupid non-working piece of junk metal

Rob and I got to go out to dinner last night. We put all the kids to bed, minus Noah, and left him 'in charge'. We stopped at a friend's house and helped them unload their u-haul, then went to a burger place here, had a few beers and a burger and came home. Being able to do this might totally change my mood about being stuck home. He did a good job, and was sleeping when we came home. I think next time I would prefer he stay awake, he's such a sound sleeper! We have the alarm system though, so in the case that someone should try to enter the house it would go off, and most likely they'd stop in their tracks anyway. Actual house entries are very very rare here. Just petty stuff from yards, like the non-working weed whacker lol.

May 25th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I figured that out after my post. I think I have a slight tummy bug. The non play practice kids want to go to the pool and I don't want to.
May 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Repti, glad you got a break. Those little breaks can really make a difference in sanity!

FW hope the tummy feels better. I'd love to go swimming but we just aren't warm enough yet.

UM look on craigslist and check out Amazon. The electric ones are really nice, break down less and are a lot less expensive.
May 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the best friends in the world! We went to more garage sales today and I found the perfect vintage love seat for photos for $25 but was afraid to take it home because dh gave me crap about not having room for all this stuff. So my friend offered to put it in her basement and she's fixing some of the frayed ends. AND she offered to let me use her basement as a studio AND she is a huge antique collector and she's letting me use whatever I need for props! I was like a kid in a candy shop at her house!
May 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM
what a good friend you have, cortney!
Momtothe6thpower likes this.

~~terre~~
May 25th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That sounds awesome Cortney!

Four hours of sleep makes me a sleepy girl, and sleep I will provided my insomnia quits acting up.
May 26th, 2013, 02:26 PM
today at my church we took a collection of money to send to Oklahoma -- thus I got to contribute!!! we are also packing meals next Saturday to send there. joel and I have one of the early shifts. I am excited about having some way to physically help out even if I don't live there.
cnote and mom2many2010 like this.

~~terre~~
May 27th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My MIL was going to take the kids tonight for a sleepover but 2 of the 4 passed out at dinner. We are having 1 family over tomorrow for Memorial day. We were supposed to go to their place but our place is fun and we don't care if it is trashed so we changed it. Should be fun. This Wife and Hubby are odd but a real hoot. I like them.

We are missing a playground. We sold ours on Craigslist and we are waiting for a new sturdy set to arrive. In the meantime my DH set up a zip line for the kids. I am so happy they had fun but it scares the crap out of me a little. I did try it myself and it really is fun.

On my 2nd glass of wine and it is only 7:30pm. I think I will finish and go on the zipline.
~mommy~ likes this.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

May 27th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Have fun. A zip line sounds fun, mine would find a way to hang each other with it.

I need a second and third glass of something harder than wine and it's only 8am.
~mommy~ likes this.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search