I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2509Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Going to a friends for a cook out. It is nice because we never get invited anywhere. They have 6 so I guess we don't seem so weird to them.
~mommy~ and mom2many2010 like this.
May 27th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend posted a pic of me standing behind my youngest on fb. You can only see me from the neck down and I look awful!! I fell of the weight loss wagon and didn't realize how quickly I'd gain the weight back until I saw the pic. I cried. Anyway, no more wine for me for a while.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

May 27th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't be too hard on yourself Cortney Sorry you feel badly.
May 27th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
...as I sit here with my 2nd glass. you gals are gonna think I am a lush or something. tomorrow, maybe, i'll start the 30 day ab challenge again. I feel your pain cortney.

~~terre~~
May 28th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drink beer every day. Unless im really sick with something. Probably why that 10 lbs I lost during pregnancy came back lol.

May 28th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Beer and alcohol in general is horrendously expensive up here. When I was in the States last year I saw the bottle of wine that I buy that was less than half of what we pay up here. I'm fine with it being taxed like crazy, I do like a glass of wine, but I can totally do without.

It's nephew's 18th birthday today, (the one that lived with us last year) and his mother invited dh and I to go out for dinner with all of their side. She said it was fine if we didn't want to, but I'm so glad we get to come.
May 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't drink anymore, haven't had a single drink in probably 3-3 1/2 years. I decided I wasn't going to drink anymore when dh quit.

I have gained 9 lbs so far with this pregnancy. 9-11 more weeks to go. I am hoping to keep it to no more than another 5-6 lbs tops.
Farmers-wife likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you keep your weight gain so low? I swear I put on 20 lbs alone in amniotic fluid! I'm that person that when my water breaks there really is a flood, lol!

Our big van suffered some hail damage and it's being inspected by the insurance agent now. I don't know why sitting here watching him inspect my van so closely is making me so nervous.
HalfDozen likes this.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

May 28th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I don't drink, haven't found anything that doesn't taste like crap. Last week though Seagram's has these new drinks out and the looked amazing so I bought 3 of them. Tried one and it was okay, still have two more to try lol

No weight gain here when pregnant, but I'm so sick the thought of food makes me sick.

Sorry about the hail damage. That sucks

That's all I've got lol
May 28th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Hopefully the hail damage is fixed quickly and easily.

I have never gained a lot when pregnant. This time I am very careful what I am eating and I low carb all the time. After baby I am determined to get to my goal weight of 165.

I like a few drinks, sometimes I miss the buzz, the relaxation. I'm not going to drink though since dh is a recovering alcoholic. I can give it up for him. He's more important.
May 28th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
that's awesome, ^^^^. you really do love him!!!!

I drink once in a while because I like the taste.....but I can go forever without it too.

stayed in my jammies till about noon, watched tv as I ate lunch, and now I am just sort of doing nothing till 2pm when I get wyatt from school.

~~terre~~
May 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually like a lot of beers. I used to kinda like wine, but now not so much. No Guiness though, anything that you have to shake to drink is disgusting.

May 28th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I don't drink either. Haven't since 1993 when I got so sick on vodka shots with tequila chasers. Three days I was sick. Didn't trust myself to know my limits when I went to Russia. Never went back to it. We have a lot of alcoholism in my family, both sides, so I just didn't want drinking to be part of our family.

4 kids to the dentist today, no cavities!
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
May 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Yay for no cavities!

I'm like you though FW, we have a lot of addiction on my mom's side of the family and I just think it's safer to stay away. I'm just lucky I don't really care for the taste
May 28th, 2013, 05:57 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I don't really like the taste of alcohol. I drink very rarely, and I do like a drink at the Cheesecake Factory. It's called a flying gorilla. It tastes like a chocolate banana milkshake. Mmmm!! Fortunately, we don't go often, and I can't afford to drink much there!

I'm jealous of your weight gain, UM. I have never gained less than 45 pounds with a pregnancy. And the lower my starting weight, the more weight I gain. My body apparently "needs" a certain weight to maintain a pregnancy. It doesn't matter if I eat healthy or not...

New picture in progress......
May 28th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Flying Gorilla just sounds like something worth trying. LOL

Yay for no cavities. I swear we have bad teeth in our family. Somebody always has a cavity.

I remember one time when dh was still drinking, he was drunk already and went and bought a pint of gin. My silly self thought if I drank it, he wouldn't get stupid drunk, so I **** near slammed a pint of gin. The room was spinning, I felt soooooooo bad. Never again. Gin is so nasty too, tastes like licking a pine tree.
May 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just stopping by to say hey, Ladies. We're supposed to be going to Kennywood with our DD tomorrow but I think I just want to go fishing instead.

May 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I love kennywood! And storybook forest! So want to take my kids there.
May 28th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
whats a kennywood or a storybook forest?

~~terre~~
May 29th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know what storybook forest is, but kennywood is an amusement park. We didn't go with her, and we're not going fishing either. Frost killed all of our green beans, so it looks like we're replanting.

I'm working to keep myself distracted so I won't worry about DD. First time she's going somewhere like this without us. I took pics of her in the clothes she wore to school this morning and one of her in her bathing suit and a pic of her shoes. Just in case. I know, worry worry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search