I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2118Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I looked up storybook forest. I love book themed stuff. We have Bookworm Gardens here. It's not an amusement park, but it's still really neet for kids. Bookworm Gardens - Bookworm Gardens

May 29th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Lol BM8 at taking the pics! Sorry about the green beans, we've done nothing but rain, which is getting on my nerves but it has perked a few of my plants that I thought were gonna die, up. I have a few green bean plants poking through and a zucchini plant, but that's it for things I planted from seed.

Repti that looks like fun, we have Cleo's Nature Trail It is very steeped in religion, with lot's of religious quotes, but they also have some amazing bronze statues. My kids and I walk it a lot.

The kids wanted to got to the lunch in the park thing, but if it doesn't quit raining we'll be staying home. It's all summer long so one or two days missing it isn't a big deal.
May 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ended up going to the lunch thing. Where Aiden got his fingers shut in the car door. Thankfully there was an irrigation canal, so we promptly put his fingers in it. I learned my car first aid kit needs to be redone, but I found a bandanna, soaked it in the water and wrapped his fingers. They are bruised and swollen but don't look to bad.
May 29th, 2013, 12:18 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww geez! can't it ever just be a simple fun outing with the kidlets?! sorry aiden!!!
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
May 29th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! Glad it's nothing serious like missing fingers!

I saw two snakes today! TWO!! For me, that means today was a very bad day!
May 29th, 2013, 07:54 PM
oh yuck cortney. that is a bad day in my book too!

~~terre~~
May 29th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I've seen tons of snakes lately, on the road dead, but more then usual, makes me a little nervous. There was a huge one sun bathing on a rock by the river a couple weeks ago and had it not been for Sam's dog...one of us might have peeved him off. Dog jumped about 20 feet in the air lol

Aidens fingers look fine, amazing considering the were black afterwards.
May 30th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad the fingers are ok, and EEK, snakes!!

I am going to attempt to clean my office, and then go on a field trip with my Grade 2 girl. Tomorrow I'm driving for the jr high track meet. Tuesday another field trip. t'is the season
May 30th, 2013, 11:43 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad his fingers are okay.

I like snakes.

We got the pool up. Now to fill it.

So dh made his appt for the vasectomy June 28. We talked about it last night, and I told him I don't want to do anything permanent. He says he wants to have free time to ourselves by the time we are in our 50's to 60's. We aren't agreeing on this at all.
#12 is on the way
May 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
UM - don't you both have to attend that appointment? I thought that the dr would not do the procedure on a married man unless both parties sign for it in agreement? I could be wrong.....but back in the day we both had to go for the appt.

~~terre~~
May 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
No one said I had to.

I tried to explain to him that just because I don't feel like he should do it, doesn't mean I am trying to have another baby right away, or even at all. I just am not 100% sure I never want another one.
#12 is on the way
May 30th, 2013, 01:56 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad the fingers are ok
Ew snakes.....I saw many today..., but they were at the zoo behind glass, where they belong.
Hope your dh changes his mind or that you can make peace with his decision.

I took the 3 youngest to the zoo today, while the rest were at school. One of my cleaning ladies was here, so I came home to a clean house AWESOME DAY!!!!!
May 30th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL, only some states require both partners permission. Some states see it like abortion, the woman's right to choose, some states see it as a couples choice because it will effect both of them.

UM, I hope that there is some peace for you no matter which way he does decide to go. I get where you are coming from.

Mommy, I wished I came home and my house was clean!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 11:15 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
UM, I'm feeling the same way. My hubby was supposed to have the big V after our 4th. At that time, I was in agreement with it because she was a REALLY rough delivery, and we had agreed ahead of time that it was our last. He set the appointment for the procedure, and then he cancelled it later. I think he was chicken. Well, lo and behold, here we are with 5.

Now he keeps saying he needs to get it scheduled again. I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not on board because when he brought it up again, he said, "Your silence is speaking volumes." I feel like I would like JUST one more. But then I wonder if I'll always feel that way, no matter how many we have. It's just hard for me to think of something so darn permanent. And I refuse to have anything done to me.

Yuck on the snakes. I'm not a fan, or of mice. I think mice might even be scarier to me.

I stopped in at work for a bit yesterday and put my purse in someone else's office (who only works part-time) because my temporary replacement was in mine. On my way home, the kids asked if I could pick up eggs. I pull into the town store, literally 5 minutes from home, and I go to get out and realize I don't have my purse. Work is an hour away! The good news is that when you don't have much money, there's not much in your purse you really NEED. I have to figure out when I'll go pick it back up...

May 31st, 2013, 11:19 AM
oh that is a bummer!!!! i'd be lost without my purse!!!!!

~~terre~~
May 31st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I could live without my purse, but not my wallet. I've also gotten all the way into town and realized I don't have my card, not a big deal on a weekday cause the bank knows me, and will just let me pull money out of my account. When they aren't, what should take 2 hours ends up 4 hours by the time I go home and back to town.

Today was busy. Went to the bank, Wally World, and the dollar store so vanna can by some things for their side business (catnip lol). Then got home in time to run to the park in town so the kids could have lunch and play. Came home and started dinner...over cooked potato salad with to much mayo, sloppy joes and corn on the cob. Got the hubby out the door, house picked up and now I finally get to sit down. I think I'm gonna rent that newish scary movie Momma for Vanna and I.
May 31st, 2013, 06:53 PM
well, this sleep deprived grandmother WAS sleeping in her nice quiet house. REALLY deep asleep, and loving it, right? and then the phone rang.and.woke.me.up........it's going on 7pm now so I am considering taking a 'sleep aid' a la benedryl, and putting on my jammies and returning to my pillow. tomorrow and Saturday are going to be hellacious so I need to sleep.

~~terre~~
June 1st, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hope you finally got some sleep!
June 1st, 2013, 06:25 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Must be the change. Started 3 days early. Now to see if the vibrating thing comes back.
June 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I would be okay with a repeat vibration lol

The hubby's job is changing their hours. Old schedule was Wed (10 pm-5 am), Thursday, Friday and Saturday (5 pm-5 am). Now they want to do 4 ten hour days. That doesn't sound to bad, but it 4:30 pm -3 am, and now we won't be able to carpool with our son. The only reason he passed on the day shift is because it would save us money, but the deal was that he was asked anytime a day shift opened so he could take it if he wanted. another complaint is that no one got a full weekend off, but this guys new schedule gives a large percentage of people Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Most of these guys have been there shorter then the husband. He's complained, and told the big boss that if the guy wants to go to four ten's then he wants days since the only reason he stayed on graves was so we could save money. If that options gone, then what's the point? We'll see what happens, the husband is beyond pissed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search