I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2160Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2013, 12:33 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Isaac graduated this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One down................ten to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#12 is on the way
June 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats on the grad!!!!!!!!

Nothing new here just been trying to get over the hump of back pain and leg pain.

School will be out in about a week so looking forward to that. Went to DD1's art gallery at her school. WIll be spending the couple of months really prepping DS4 and DD2 for school this Sept.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!
June 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Isaac!!

I FINALLY got my dream table! It's so nice having something that seats us all!! I've only been waiting FOREVER for it!
June 1st, 2013, 08:37 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yay cortney -- post pictures!!!

~~terre~~
June 2nd, 2013, 06:20 AM
My mom is coming to help paint "the wall" this morning. I didn't feel like painting, but guess I have to get the help when I can.

My grandma is finally leaving the nursing home on Wednesday, she feels like she is in prison. LOL. I am surprised my grandma sat still for this long.
#12 is on the way
June 2nd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Have fun painting 'the wall' lol

The hubby just let me know that they put his schedule pack to his old one, but everyone else has the new schedule. He seemed okay with that. He keeps that place running all by himself at night, the day shift has 4-5 guys on any given day and they still can't keep it up. He went in yesterday, they new guy was supposed to change something, didn't, The hubby went in and had the machines up and running in a hour. It had been down for over a day, they're not stupid.

Looks like Sam's boyfriend will no longer be a temp out there. They are bringing him on, means we get a bonus . Today he's coming over for a haircut and for me to help him with all of the paperwork. It's so complicated, and they give you crap you really don't need.
UrbanMomma likes this.
June 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I tried to get all caught up!

M2M, sorry about Grandma.
I do our meal plan the same way - just make a list of meals and make them on whatever days I feel like having them. I just hate making the list; I can never decide what to make.

UM - How is Kya doing with potty training now? How old is she; I can't remember? David was potty trained at Christmas and then regressed for some reason. He's doing better now, but still wears pull ups all the time. Clare started a sticker chart for him. I had never even tried it with him because the others never gave a **** about stickers. Turns out, he worships stickers. lol
I don't like random kids showing up at my house either. When they do and ask to play I find some excuse for my kids to come inside.
I missed your pg picture so I went back and checked our your fb. You look great! Cute baby bump!
I'm sorry about the big V. I don't want dh to get one either. He has put it off so far ... but we'll see.

FW - Being a surgeon is an awesome goal! What kind?
I cut our boys' hair too, and dh cuts his own. We used to take them all to the barber, but when we got pg with boy #3, the barber told us we were spending too much money on haircuts and to go buy some clippers. LOL!

We don't drink either. We used too but dh started drinking way too much and I pretty much gave him an ultimatum. That was 2 years 9 months ago. I quit drinking at the same time, although I was nursing at the time so I'd already been without alcohol for over a year. I really miss wine, but I don't miss the way dh was when he was drinking!

I'm glad the fingers are ok, getting anything slammed in a car door is awful.

I hate snakes. We found a huge rattler on our front sidewalk last year. We took it to the taxidermist and had the skin mounted, and hung it in the kitchen to help the kids remember to watch our for snakes! You never know where one will turn up.

Cortney, I want to see your table too. I would love a larger one, but our kitchen is too small.

My Mom ended up in the ER thinking she was having a heart attack, but they did an angiogram, and said no her heart is very healthy. They also checked her liver. For some reason they thought that could be causing her symptoms but said that's ok too so they sent her home. She is so frustrated, but I'm glad to know it wasn't a heart attack anyway.

On Tuesday we had a playdate with some friends, and they all started getting sick with a tummy bug that evening, so I just knew we were going to catch it too. Sure enough, Ryan woke up Thursday morning with it, David at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, dh and Matthew both got sick on Saturday and Clare has it today. Ethan and I are the only ones not sick to far. Well, I don't THINK Ethan has gotten it, but on Friday he was spitting up way more than usual and had a half hour screaming/crying spell that was obviously from stomach pain. Dh went to the store and got him some gas medicine and he finally stopped. I am so sick of this. I am constantly cleaning, bleaching, washing clothes, etc. For all the cleaning I'm doing it doesn't seem to be doing any good which is really frustrating. And here I am needing a shower, but we only have one bathroom. I always put Ethan in the bathroom with me in his bouncy seat so that I don't have to worry about David messing with him, but I am not bringing him in there while people are using it to throw up so I guess I have to wait for dh to come home to get a shower. Yuck, I feel so gross.

I'm sure some of you saw my daughter's little earring business on fb. She is making earrings and trying to sell them to earn money to buy a laptop. So far, my mom and my aunt are the only people interested in buying any which of course I don't understand because both the earrings and my daughter are really cute. lol Anyway, she wants to try selling them at our local farmer's market this weekend. She's trying to think of a name and slogan for her business and I was hoping you guys might help me brainstorm? Her name is Clare, and one of the cool things about her earrings is that most of the beads she uses are from second hand/broken necklaces bought at garage sales. So we thought it would be cool to play up the recycle/reuse aspect of that. Any ideas?

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Last edited by sarahlorrain; June 2nd, 2013 at 10:33 AM.
June 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
How sweet that she is earning her own money! I'll think on it Sarah and get back to you with some ideas.

I'll also post a pic. It does make my dining area look a lot smaller now!
June 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Let's see...maybe these will help inspire you.

reClare (reclaim and Clare smoosh)
Clare Vision
New Clarity (since she's giving something a new purpose)
June 2nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like new clarity! Great idea and good for her.

Nothing new or exciting.
June 3rd, 2013, 07:13 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those are some cute ideas! I'll run them by her.

Last night I thought we were going to have to take her to the hospital. I think her sodium levels got too low and hew muscles starting cramping and her joints got stiff. Her hands started trying to fix themselves in one position. Dh ran to the store to get some pedialyte. She drank some and ate two bananas and started feeling better but then she threw up all over the kitchen floor. It took dh about 15 minutes to clean it up. It was under the fridge and everywhere. I sent her to the shower while dh cleaned then we sent her to bed with more pedialyte (her muscles/joints were starting to loosen up by that time) and she's fine this morning other than a little stomach pain. Poor thing, she was so scared she was going to have to get an IV. Hopefully that will be it. I am so scared of Ethan getting sick. If he throws up, I'll go to the hospital immediately.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
June 3rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds aweful, hoping with you that that's the last of it.

It's a very rainy day, and although I've been wishing for an at home day, I'm not all that inspired to do anything. But I got a good start on the laundry, going to whip the house back in shape(shoudn't take much, I got the kids working on saturday) and maybe I'll bake this afternoon.
June 3rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Sarah, hope yours are feeling better soon.

Her earrings are cute. I like ReClare or New Clarity. If my darling lil ones would be QUIET I could think of one or two.

Now my living room is a hot mess, half painted, furniture everywhere, covered up, paint cans. UGHHHHH. I didn't want to paint and now I HAVE to.

Pool is up and filled. Now I realize I have to go get chlorine and put up the fence to keep the littles away. Three more weekends and then I can rest until the baby is born.
#12 is on the way
June 3rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today #1 is going to to tape an interview for a tv show to promote our summer show! She is dressed in her costume and looks adorable. Se is going wi her co writer and the director.

#2 is 14! Her dad took her to a movie (the one about the magic show and bank robberies) and lunch.

#3 is at home making a birthday cake with her friend. 4,5,6 are playing x box. 7,8,9 are napping. I am at McDonald's by myself for a quick lunch and then to the grocery store.

Later, I drop 2-7 at vbs and meet 1 at her podiatrist. She is having warts removed now. Tis foot thing will never end.

Tomorrow the appraiser is coming. His number will determine if we get the loan to add on. How should I play this? Bake a cake? Offer him a bribe? Stay out of it?
June 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sarah, hope the littles feel better. Sick kids=yucky!

Um, the upkeep on a pool (which I am not good at) is why I am debating getting another one this year. The dogs ate two of them last year, but they are all gone now, well the chewers are.

FW, Happy Birthday to #2.

Went to lunch at the park again. the kids love it and they work off some energy. Trying to help Sam and her boyfriend fined a place. They have plenty in their price range $400-$550, but finding places that will take her dog is a challenge which surprised me considering EVERYONE has a dog out here.

Getting ready to cut the boys hair. Cole's is at his shoulders, I don't mind long hair but he won't take care of it, and Aiden just wants something different. Vanna wants me to cute her hair, but I don't want to
June 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
getting ready to go get wyatt....oh you guys, he went to a little girl's birthday party yesterday that was held at a mansion of a home. it was a swimming party and I posted pictures on f/b of how amazing it was. he had such a wonderful time.

he also has a terrible cough with no other symptoms. seems to be going around this area lately. it sounds icky but it doesn't slow him down any.

on another note, I posted a blog this morning that I wanted to share with ya'll. here is the link:

Zoomama Speaks: are angels real, noni?...

~~terre~~
June 3rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
oh and guess what? speaking of my blog, (I know I talk about it too much - sorry)...I ordered a hardback book made of the first 6 months of my posts, to save for my grandkids. it came in the mail today and I am thrilled with how it turned out. I plan to do this every January, as long as I blog. they will have a permanent record of my thoughts, our family history (in a weird sort of way) and know how much I love them!!!!

~~terre~~
June 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am totally going to lie about the size of my family when trying to book a campsite for my family. What do you mean "exceeds the maximum"
June 4th, 2013, 11:43 PM
We lie to hotels. I don't want to pay for two rooms when we'll only sleep in one.

I'm finally working up the nerve to promote my photography. And now I enter the 'Please LIKE me phase'...Will you all come like my page https://www.facebook.com/relicaphotoart?
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Girl about time! Good luck with it, you've got talent!

Not much going on here. Still trying to help Sam and her boyfriend find a place that will take her dog. We might have a hit, but the lady is evicting the people and they have till the 15th so she told Sam to call her back on that day. The lady already has it listed lol. The dog would be fine, she only ask that if no one is home he stay outside (fenced yard). No biggy, by the time winter hits the will have opposite schedules and someone will almost always be home, but we keep looking just in case. It's impossible to get any one to call us back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search