I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2269Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 08:40 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I dont do facebook so sorry Im not much help and cant go into your site but from just clicking on the link ..woow those are reallly great Pics!!! Your sure do have talent!!

I hope it works out for them on the 15th!!

Have been thinking about swimming lessons for the kids. I just can stand the thought of them being in a public pool. But just found out that one of neighbors down the lane has put in a small pond that is completly unsecuired and open. That worries me even though the kids are not allowed in the front of the house with out at least one of us, but we all know kids curiosity can sometimes get the best of them. scary thought!
June 5th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Things are not going well between #1 and director. Director is the type who can't share credit, is constantly talking about how much she does, how great she is, blah blah blah. #1 had these two huge plantar warts removed from both feet. She is in pain, not feeling well, and director is making her character into a coughing, hacking sea hag instead of a sexy vampy pirate (like Keira knightly in potc). 1 and her friend wrote the show. Director doesn't listen to anyone or consider outside opinions. I get her point of view, but she isn't all that or perfect. So she sent me a nasty gram about 1. I replied this will be her last show.
June 5th, 2013, 12:09 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the problems with the director. That sucks.

I think we've nearly decided on a name and slogan for Clare's earring thing.

Redesigned Jewelry by Clare
Old or broken jewelry redesigned to fit today's modern style.

What do you guys think? We will probably draw the recycle slogan on the posterboard somewhere. Today we made displays out of picture frames and black posterboard. She has 22 pairs of earrings so far, and needs about twice that but we are running out of time before the Farmer's Market on Saturday! She is getting so excited. I hope people buy some stuff.

By the way, for those of you who have seen some of her stuff on fb, do you think the $5 she is asking for a pair is too high? I mean, obviously I don't, but I'm totally biased so I thought I'd ask you guys too.
#5in2005 and UrbanMomma like this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
June 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's cute! I like it!!
And no, I don't think $5 is too much at all. She had some really cute pieces from what I saw.

Thanks for the compliments! I still question myself.

I hope Sam can find some pet friendly landlords!

It's rainy today...makes me wants sleep!
June 6th, 2013, 05:30 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sarah, I saw her earrings and she had a couple pairs that are really cute and my girls would like. $5 is a good price.

I am so sick of everyone here. My oldest sons are lazy, they don't help. Now granted my oldest son is working, but there is so much to do for this grad party and everyone just leaves me to do it all. Then my husband just *****es if I ask him to do anything and tells me to "ask your kids." So no one does a **** thing but watches me work.

A few of the younger kids are good helpers, especially my oldest daughter who scrubbed all the kitchen cabinets and walls last night for me. But she has school and I can't very well keep her out to help me at the house.

I am so tired of my husband saying **** about my kids while he has a grown 20 year old son with a 3 yo dd. The kid has no job, drinks and smokes weed all day, and tries to be a rapper. Oh there is a great kid. AT LEAST MINE JUST GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND WORKS FULL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn't drink or use drugs.

All my dh does all day is cut hair, or burn dvds. And I do mean ALL ***** DAY!!!!!!!!! He hardly helps me do anything including take care of HIS kids.
He now has two computers that no one can hardly ever use because he burns movies all day on both of them.

I am exhausted, overwhelmed, 8 months pregnant, and stressed out.

Then to top everything off, my mother comes over last Sunday and insists "the wall" HAS to be painted before the party. So she primes it, paints a coat, leaves my living room a huge mess and leaves. Painting the wall made it necessary to pain the whole living room, front entry and hallway. So yeah, thanks, I needed a ******* painting project the week of the party. Thanks, a LOT.
#12 is on the way
June 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sarah, her prices are right on target. Help her friend craft fairs, with the summer all of the festivals would be perfect. If you have some mom and pop type stores they might take some on consignment for her. She just needs to get her entrepreneurial shoes on

FW I hope they can get it worked out. Not fair that the girls are being pushed out of something that was theirs.

Amira, what's wrong with public pools? Swimming is pretty important to learn.

UM go drill Sargent on the older ones and make them get up and help. Theres no reason they can't. I have no answers for the husband, right now mine is lucky our cast iron pans are dirty.

Last edited by mom2many2010; June 6th, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
June 6th, 2013, 07:28 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um~ I agree....This ds is your oldest??? maybe try and kindly explain to the rest, that if they ever want to have their own grad. party then they best help you with this one, or you may not be so inclined to have another one.
M2M~ The pans don't need to be clean to hit dh over the head with it????
FW~ Can you replace this person who is trying to take over the show?
SL~ Good luck to your dd on her business adventure. I'm sure you are very proud of her initiative to try to earn something she wants. Hope y'all are feeling better.
AX2~ Why don't you like public pools? Here you are required to have a fence if you have a pool. Check your local laws, I would think the same would be true of a pond.

Dh is home this week. We are getting a lot of projects done. Our helper of all trades is here too. They started the planter boxes. The first one came out way more cool than what I had asked for. I love my dh and his over the top imagination. Will have to find the camera and post a pic. I have fallen behind with laundry....we all know what a disaster it is when that happens. Will have to ask for help to get it caught up.....
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
June 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
UM, if you assigned chores or specific responsibilities, would they do them? My kids have certain things to do and if they don't do them, they don't get to play on the computer, watch TV or visit with friends. IDK why I'm trying to give you advice, you have way more (and older) kids than I do so I'm sure you've tried everything. I just hate to hear about any overwhelmed mama having to do everything herself.

Thanks for the reassurances on the price of the earrings. We want to try out a craft fair type thing too. We live in a small town so there aren't many, but there is one in October, which should give me time to figure out where I'm going to find the money for one of those tent things.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
June 6th, 2013, 08:01 AM
There is bad communication on both sides. Working on mine for how to deal with difficulties in communicating with others. It is a good learning process for so many aspects of life.

I tired to cut #6's hair. It isn't bad around the back. But not short enough on top for his spikey desires. Trimmed 7's bangs. That worked well. I am too skittish to do 8's.
June 6th, 2013, 08:51 AM
My oldest is off to work for 9 hours. Second oldest left early this am. The next five are in school. The youngest three can't do much, especially the baby.

Dh got mad and has now been cutting and trimming the grass for 2 1/2 hours. We have a small yard, not a farm.

I have the house clean, basically. The middles have to clean their rooms when they get home. Oldest is building the patio table tomorrow before work. I'm going to the store.
#12 is on the way
June 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
** nothing wrong im sure with public pools, just my own phobia! didnt mean it in any way. **

The fence law is definately something to look into. I agree swimming lessons are very important.
June 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I played with the kids all day...nothing else...just played!

But now I'm exhausted and they're hungry. This must be why adults don't play all day anymore. There's no one there to fix us dinner, lol!
June 6th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I wish someone would fix me dinner.

I have heartburn all day today. This baby......LOL. Its been a pretty easy pregnancy. No big complaints, and I am 32 weeks and not feeling in any rush. Who'd a thunk pregnancy at almost 40 could be so easy.
#12 is on the way
June 6th, 2013, 04:58 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Nothing to really add to everyone's comments, but I agree that MT6's photos are awesome, SL's daughter's venture sounds awesome and appropriately priced, and was wondering the same thing about Amira's fear of public pools. Oh yeah, and UM, that sucks about your kids. I, too, know what a hassle it is to get them to help. Taking away tv, etc. doesn't phase my kids. And I also thought this pregnancy was probably my easiest at 36, which really surprised me.

I'm having a rough week and am in tears every time I think about having to go back to work next month, even though I'm only going back part time. It doesn't help that my friend there is leaving, and her going away party is tomorrow.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Last edited by HalfDozen; June 6th, 2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Add comment
June 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cortney I get tired just watching the kids play lol

UM I'd fix ya dinner, just not sure of the condition it would be in once it got there...oh and pregnancy sucks! Glad yours isn't though

N5OTW, I'm sorry about going back to work. It can't be easy leaving the babies behind

Taking the kids to McDonald's. Aiden earned a trip there for all of them by getting almost all of his spelling words right on his test. Which is HUGE for him. He struggles in phonics, reading, spelling, his new glasses have helped a lot but he is still so far behind. He's excited! Then to grocery shop and watch our money leave quicker then it was earned lol
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
June 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have fun at McDonalds, and good for him.

about having to go back to work, hopefully you'll get used to it once you get going.

UM you are a superstar!

Cortney, playing with the kids all day is a day well spent.

My house is clean, but I'm looking at my messy office....I should stop procrastinating.
June 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM
The appraisal came back $27,500 under what we needed. No addition for us.
June 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Isaac helped me prime the trim. Aaron mopped and built the patio table. So I did get some help.

Sorry, Tammy. Thats a bummer.

I'm going to go make some more Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookies.

Now I want McDonalds.
#12 is on the way
June 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
FW, that stinks
June 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I went to McDonald's to drown my sorrows in sweet tea, fries, and a double hamburger. But I didn't get out of the car. I came home and am eating strawberries with the baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search