I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2175Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm sorry FW, that really sucks!

UM glad you got some help!

So we went to McDonalds, Vanna found herself a little boyfriend. He was about 1 1/2 , she's a cougar lol. She pretty much played with him the whole time. Then went to Walmart, didn't get any real grocery's but did come home with a pool, swim clothes for the boys, grass seed for the lawn and more stuff for the garden. This stuff is more mature then what I have planted so hoping I will get some goodies sooner then later. Brought the stuff home, grabbed Ted, took the kids to the lunch in the park thing, took Ted to MIL's and visited for a few. Came home set the pool up, it's filling as we speak and the kids are very impatient. Cleaned the house, have dinner going, still need to pack the hubby's lunch and plant the stuff in the garden......is it bed time yet?
June 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, FW!
I think you should add carpentry into your curriculum. You could be like the duggars!

I seem to always be so stressed, almost angry even when it comes to money. How does one get past that? It literally runs our lives! Dh told me today that he doesn't want to come home this weekend because it will cost too much in gas and I can't make myself disagree with him. I don't want to spend the money but he's my dh, the kids' father...why am I not willing to spend it to see him.
Sorry...I'm having one of those 'who am I' moments.
June 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry Cortney, it's rough cause you need money. That's just a reality, it's one of the few things the husband and I truly fight about.
June 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I just made 10bs of potato salad, 5 lbs of pasta salad, 3 lbs of coleslaw, and 6 dozen cupcakes. Tomorrow I am making fruit salad, baked beans, 30 ears of corn on the cob halved, and we are BBQ'ing 6 slabs of ribs, 10 lbs of rib tips, 10 lbs of hamburgers, 10 lbs of chicken wings and 50 hotdogs. We will have chips and cake too. I have 5 cases of pop, a case of iced tea, a case of lemonade, and a case of water.

I hope this is enough for 45-50 people, 25 of which is kids.
cnote and MIL2lissy8 like this.
#12 is on the way
June 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I was invited right UM? **** girl you need to live closer!
UrbanMomma likes this.
June 7th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Man, that sounds good! I think it's more than enough.

Spent two hrs on a hike with my friend talking about a boy we both cared a lot about that died when we were all 19. It was good to talk about him again.
June 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW - UM that is enough for an army here!!!
UrbanMomma likes this.

~~terre~~
June 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope the party goes well and is fun UM, and hope you get to put your feet up afterwards!
UrbanMomma likes this.
June 8th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I'm exhausted............almost all the food is gone.
#12 is on the way
June 8th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Money is our number one issue. Things would be amazing if the money just kept flowing in. We would have to really struggle to find things for to fight about.
I have considered not eating my own meals ever again and only eating what is left over on my kids plates to (1) save money and (2) maybe loose weight LOL! So yeah money makes you do things you wouldn't normally do.
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 8th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^^I liked your post for its sense of humor!!!

~~terre~~
June 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
private post,

~~terre~~
June 8th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm a bad mommy. I forgot to put sunscreen on the whitest child I have and now he looks like a lobster. He says it doesn't hurt, but dang I know better then to not put any on him.

The husband should be thankful that I'm to tired to rig a cast iron pan to smack him in the head when he walks in the door!
June 9th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went down to TN last week to see my grandmother who had a heart attack. Got back Friday night and have barely had a chance to breathe!! Had 2 Pampered Chef shows yesterday, plus a host stopped by to pick up her host packet for her show next Friday and had to drop off 2 orders yesterday.

Today is baking for the sale tomorrow and I am not sure what all else.

Trip was good. We camped at the Tennessee river and it was only $36 for 3 nights and we cooked all our meals at the campsite to save $. Took 2 tanks of gas to go down and back home, and while we were down there we used a half a tank in running around. Fished, saw my Grandma 3 times, got lots of pictures.

We won't talk about how it poured rain Wednesday night and the tent got so saturated it no longer stopped the water from leaking in....

Other than that, good trip. Glad to be home though.

But, we did find a home there we like on 12 acres and I think DH has pretty much decided that even if we can't get THAT home, we're def moving back down to TN.

June 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
BM8, you've been busy!

M2M, I have one of those pale children too, and feel so bad when she gets a burn. I still forget sometimes too, she still burns when it's overcast.

Cnote, I think we all feel or have felt your pain at one time or another.

My dh is being installed as deacon in our church today. He told me to pick out his cothes lol.
June 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
#5, congrats to your hubby! that's cool.

BM8, I love that house and if moving there would get it for you - I say go for it!!

cote - money is always a pro9blem. it never ends, when you have and when you don't.

re: private post, I am literally SMH and feeling like FML.

~~terre~~
June 9th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Picked out our foreign exchange student! A Spanish group is coming in July. She is 16. I am putting the two youngest girls in with the boys so she and #1 will share the girls room. It is only three weeks and all my kids, who have no privacy or space of their own, are excited and looking forward to having her come stay with us. We rock.
#5in2005, MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.
June 9th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FW - that sounds fun. I was thinking about that but not seriously enough to do it....

~~terre~~
June 10th, 2013, 06:07 AM
My brother and his wife sponsored a foreign exchange student from Spain for 6 months. She was 16, same age as my niece. She was a very nice girl, her name was Beatrice. She actually goes home today. I think Canaan cried, LOL, he LOVED that girl!!!!
#12 is on the way
June 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That's awesome FW!

My aunt sponsored one from Germany. He wanted big city and got Idaho lol. So my aunt was able to arrange for him to come spend two weeks with us when I lived in California. I was 16/17, my husband (then boyfriend) and I took him everywhere and showed him how to use a bus. We did Disney, Knotts, Magic Mountain, took him to Venice Beach, he had a blast. We stayed in contact for a while, but have since lost touch.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search