I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1829Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cool FW, I hope it's a fun experience for all.

I think our town is always a shock to exchange students, they usually come from much more populated areas.

It's the last full week of school. When it's sunny out I can't wait for school to be done, but when it's cloudy and cool like today I'm still fine with it.
June 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about the add-on FW! Something has to give eventually.

I haven't posted much, just because I really don't feel like it. Friday the 31 Noah got strep, Weds I went in because I had it, Friday noah woke up all rashy, penicillin allergy, took him back, new meds, today Bastian had to come home from school because he's got impetigo. Fun stuff.
On top of that i'm trying to save money so that we can go on a little vacation over the 4th of july, but that just means putting off some bills. Technically we shouldn't even go.

June 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sorry for sick kids, Beth.

I never go anywhere by myself, remember I am super shy, but I am going to go to my friend from works baby shower. She is due 2 weeks after me, and her shower is July 21. I rsvp'ed. I must learn to make conversation with other adults face to face....LOL
#12 is on the way
June 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it! What a blessing to spend your time with her!
June 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Just thinking of a large group of people makes me nervous.
#12 is on the way
June 10th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry Beth! sick kids SUCK!

You can do it UM!!
June 10th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sick moms sucks worse! I went to bed at 7 that one night, with the ipad, and Rob put everyone to bed. I am allergic to everything under the sun too, so they just gave me that z-pack thing. Only 5 or 6 pills i don't know why they don't give that to everyone. Better than taking stuff for 10 days. Yes my memory is so bad I don't remember how many pills it was, and it was less than a week ago. Bah.

Bastian has 2 prescriptions to take now, one cream, one antibiotic. He IS going to school tomorrow, it's his last day of pre-school. Even the school nurse said she wouldn't want him to miss it lol

June 10th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope your kids get better soon Beth. I thought of you this afternoon, you just crossed my mind and I wondered how you were doing.

Way to go UM.

We got 2 goats the other day, or should I say, my oldest 2 kids each got a goat. They've been wanting them badly, but goats are surprisingly expensive out this way, so they've worked out a deal with a man from our church, they will ride his horses 7 times so they calm down, and they got the goats. Yeah, NO way I was going to pay........wait for it.......$170...EACH!
June 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um~ you can do it...
RM~ you poor thing....I hope you all feel better quickly. Sick mom is the worst.
5in5~ that's a LOT for goats. I think my dad said he paid like $30 for his??? I'm sure breed/variety etc. makes a difference but, dam^ apparently you bought the tiffany/porshe/ferrari variety.

3 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No I'm not excited at all.
Friday I take ds3 to the ortho to HOPEFULLY get his cast OFF!!!!! I've already been telling (warning) him I'm going to bring him home and have him get in the tub until all of his skin is the same color again. Cleaning the cast hand with baby wipes is just not cutting it. I told him if he promised not to make a mess I would get him some tub toys to help him pass the time.
Our next door neighbor girl is sporting a cast now too. I teasingly asked her if she was trying to keep up with the neighbors and advised that, that was NOT the way to do it. She broke her wrist, playing soccer. .
June 11th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't get excited about all the kids sitting at home all day, all summer long? We have no money to do anything. There are no parks anywhere nearby, except a small school playground, the neighbors are ******, and the kids will all be bored and in my way all day by day #6. I can't stand summer vacation.
#12 is on the way
June 11th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FW sorry about the add on but the exchange student part sounds cool

UM, I am sure you will be fine at the shower and no I wasn't really looking forward to summer because my kids haven't been as well behaved as I know they can be.

Beth, sorry for sick kids.

$170 for goats, depending on what kind, is not bad. Meat goats easily bring $250 or more a head out here, and I paid $350 for a bred dairy doe so I could have a milk goat.

Updated my private post.

June 11th, 2013, 07:16 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Generally, I don't mind summer vacation. But that's partially because the older kids all spend time at their grandparents so they're gone a huge chunk of the summer. I actually wish at least one of them wanted to stay around this summer so that they could baby-sit instead of me having to pay for day care for the 2 little ones.

June 11th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing changes for me. Summer, spring, winter fall. They are always here. Always here.
June 11th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Mine are always here also, but I loved summer vacation. We try to have the yard be like a playground since there isn't lot around. I mean there is the school playground, but it's easier to have the fun around the house, and we have nature all around us which is free. Winter is a whole other story since it's to cold to anything half of the time.

OMG Aidens cast smelled so bad by the time it was taken off the most of us would gag if it got to close to us. That was his 3rd one also. The first, just fell off while out to eat, thankfully we were in town when it happened. The second they took off for x-rays and it wasn't healed and the third had only been on for a few weeks. His was smack dab in the middle of summer though so I know that arm was sweating.

I am so tired. I went to bed early thinking I'd get a good nights rest-yeah right! at 6 am I gave up and my day never stopped. I did a little cleaning, the took Megan to school (that a little over an hour both ways). Came home and did some weeding in my garden, then came in cleaned the house and got laundry going. Went back outside and worked in the yard. Moved our fire pit away from where we had it so it wouldn't put a hole in the pool. Cleaned my porch, took the littles to lunch at the park, came home weeded some more. Then my new mower came, put that together and mowed my jungle, finally let Ted and Vanna finish it. Cooked dinner, semi cleaned the kitchen (didn't bother with dishes) and am now sitting down. Hopefully I sleep better tonight!
June 11th, 2013, 08:28 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my gosh -- I sure hope you sleep better!!! that was some day!!! i'd be dropped already.

that said, it's 8:30 here and i am tired!!!! little league team party tonight, dinner with DH at this nasty Mexican fast food place, followed by ice creak fudge cake at bob's big boy (it was across the driveway so it was a no brainer after the tacos I choked down).
June 12th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Long day. Hope you got some rest m2m.

Hot fudge ice cream cake sounds wonderful.
#12 is on the way
June 12th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully there's some good nights rest in everyone's future, it's hard to function when there's so much to do.

I feel like the end of school is coming too soon, and that's probably because a) my kids are growing up too fast and b) we haven't had any hot days that always make me long for summer holidays. I do love summer holidays after the first week when we settle into a routine. And I have a few things that I'd like to get done around our farm that make excellent family projects (rock picking anyone?)
June 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
LOL mine were rock picking last week. I like to use them as borders

I slept good, still tired cause it was midnight when I fell asleep. Probably shouldn't have had a large cup of ice coffee at 8

I feel so bad...................I hit a kitten on the way home from dropping megan off at school. Couldn't have been more then 10 weeks old. I tried so hard to avoid it. I cried the whole way home, and can still hear the sound
June 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Awww, sorry about hitting the kitten. I hit a dog once when I was 18.

I can't get hot fudge ice cream cake out of my head. I thin k I might have it for dinner.

I told the kids our summer is going to be "learn how to be nice to each other" summer. It seems like they are constantly fighting. I told them they need to learn to just not say anything to each other if it isn't nice.

I think we are getting fishing licenses too. Only dh and I need one and we can take the kids fishing. I forgot when I renewed my license plates last year I bought the year round parks and rec pass, so we don't have to pay admission to the state parks. So we can afford to hit the beach this summer!!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
June 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like fun, um! I want to go fishing this summer.

Sorry about the kitten

I learned last night that the 7th & 8th grade girls are supposed to be lifting weights all summer for volleyball. Does that sound right? We didn't last year. And it's not like they are varsity players!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search