I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2509Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 06:00 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Elijaah is going out for football and he has to do all kinds of weight training, push-ups, running up and down the bleachers, flipping tires down the football field. He'll be on the Freshman team. I guess that sounds about right for him. I don't know about weight lifting for volleyball......lol
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 12th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
There's weight training for all sports out here. The weight room is open all summer long at the school.
June 12th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Weight training for Grade 7 & 8 volleyball seems a little extreme to me.

It's the end of school, my kids seem to be bickering more too.
June 13th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
can I just say that I am bored to death? I have so much to do, and I COULD be doing it, but I am choosing this week, I guess, to be bored and just accept it. I cqan't really even think of a blog to write about...now that is sad.

~~terre~~
June 13th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So tired. The show is amazing. I mean it is beyond awesome. I am so proud. I wish you could all come here and see it.
June 14th, 2013, 06:16 AM
OMGoodness....bad leg cramps at night, in my thigh and calves. I stay hydrated all day and keep water by the bed at night. I stay active, it isn't like I am sitting on my butt all day, and I try to walk with the kids everyday. I think maybe adding a banana a day could help, since sometimes its related to low magnesium. I already eat lots of dark leafy greens, avocados, etc.

These are driving me crazy, they HURT!!!!
June 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Oh ouch! I got them really bad with Kailyn, and after I had her for a couple of months. I had one so bad I thought I would have to go to the hospital lol. I hope they get better cause they really suck!
UrbanMomma likes this.
June 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Finally got my youngest out of our room yesterday. Last night was her first night out. And I have to say it is really nice being able to make as much 'noise' as we like in OUR room! no sneaking around or tiptoeing to go in our bathroom.

I thought I would be up most of the night worrying about her ...but man was it nice!! so now we get to enjoy the freedom for uuhh...about another month!! then baby joins us...lool....ooh well..
June 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the cramps

My abs are so sore. I'm trying a new workout for moms and they have a different way of targeting the mommy tummy and split abs. Anyway, you think your doing nothing productive then BAM! It hits you the next day.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

June 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM
What is it called? I am gonna need it!!!!
June 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd like to know what it is too!

June 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Opening night was fabulous! So awesome. So tired. Back at it in the morning with a parade at 9am. Already looking forward to swimming and a nap tomorrow afternoon.
June 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Congrat's on a good opening night!

I've got nothing, it's pretty boring around here.
June 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM
It's called Pretty fierce 60 day weight loss by Lindsay brin. Watch for it on baby steals. One of the ladies the started baby steals is on the dvds so they have deals on it often.
UrbanMomma likes this.

When I'm Due...

June 15th, 2013, 01:02 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
That does sound really cool if it targets the 'mommy abs' I am definately going to check that out. My so called abs after this baby are non existant!! THanks for sharing.
June 15th, 2013, 01:19 PM
She has several other dvds out too. I don't know much about them but her whole brand is built on mommy fitness so they are probably pretty good.
I'm still sore! She targets the muscles that are deep within (that I guess I never use). It reminds me of doing kegals, lol! She tells you to do them every night while in bed and it seriously feels like no work at all.
She's pretty adamant that you are 6 months postpartum before starting this particular workout though.

When I'm Due...

June 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I never listen to postpartum recovery time for anything. You know I never, and I mean NEVER go to the six week check up thing. Not even once.

So my 14 yo is starting high school this fall and wants to go out for football. He has been doing twice weekly weight training for about 6 weeks now, and is about to start the summer weight training program. He also has to go Summer Skills Session Camp, which is $15, and needs cleats, so I call his dad and say "I will pay for the camp, I know somewhere you can get him cleats for $20, can you swing that? " He actually told me he can't. Really???? You can't swing $20??

So my mom is going to buy him cleats. I can't afford the cleats and the camp fee in the next week, and camp starts June 24. Plus I have to get him back and forth from the weight training and the camp. Gas is $4 a gallon right now. Ughhhh.
June 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I despise my inlaws!! specifically my FIL

that's all.

June 15th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, football is so freaking expensive. What size cleats do you need? I might have some floating around, couldn't hurt to take a look.

BM8, sorry. I really am!

Rented some movies, Warm Bodies which was better then I thought it would be, and now we are scaring ourselves with Dark Skies haha

Today Sam, Vanna, Kailyn and myself went into town to find some Fathers Day stuff. Found some good things on clearance for Sams place (if she ever finds one) nice stuff for pennies really. Sam, Kailyn and Vanna decided to go look at some clothes, I was looking for some shirts for Megan when Sam says she can't find Kailyn. She turned around and she was gone (the child is Houdini). We start calling her names, nothing, we separate with no luck.

I head towards customer service. I'm gonna be that parent that everyone stares at for loosing their child. Before I do though I call Sam to see if she has her, don't want to needlessly make myself look bad. When I turn around I notice something out of the corner of my eye, and who is standing next to me? Yep, there she is with a scared look on her face. I ask where she's been and she says looking for me. I asked why she wandered off and she says "I wanted a drink". Taking a closer look I realize she is holding a Pepsi Throwback in her hand. She is her fathers DD.

When we got to big sister she started crying, big sister gave her a talking to then carried her through the rest of the store. Hopefully she never does that again, but with that girl anything is possible.
June 15th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BM8 -- i thought it might have been him that did the damage to your place. sorry to hear that he is up to no good.

m2m - that would have scared the bejebbers out of me!! glad she was safe.

had a date night tonight -- dinner at panera bread followed by the new superman movie.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search