I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2324Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait to hear bm8's secret!

I spent the day with my BFF. She had a hysterectomy last week. I sat with her at the hospital last week one day. Then today I went to her house and brought lunch for her and her girls and me and the girls I took. Then made dinner for both our families. Brought mine home along with a chair for the booster seat my baby is now in and TWO KITTENS!! Finn and Zazzles.
June 17th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a friend that had a hystorectomy a while ago, it takes a while to get back to normal. Fin and Zazzles, I like it.

Went on a field trip today, and tomorrow is the last day of school for most of my kids. It's time!

Got to celebrate a 60th anniversary this weekend, so that was pretty special.

And, LOL, my father in law always trims his eyebrows, and yesterday he did them again, but he didn't realize the guard wasn't on the trimmer, so he all but shaved off his eyebrow. So he had no choice but to do the same to the other one. I've been laughing all day. Bff suggested I get him an eyebrow pencil.

Last edited by #5in2005; June 17th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
June 17th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I sometimes clip at mine with nail clippers while watching tv. I have had huge gashes in them. Stupid polish eye brows.
June 18th, 2013, 05:02 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
LOL @ the eyebrows.

Time to go to the meat market tomorrow and then grocery shopping for all the rest of the crap we need. I hate having to go "big" grocery shopping.
#12 is on the way
June 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I have the two high schoolers transcripts caught up. Poor #1. She has to be the guinea pig. I lave learned so much in 3 years that will benefit 2-9. Even with changes that are sure to happen, I won't have to learn so much each time. It is crazy. We met with the under grad advisor for the medical school here. She says she still wants to pursue it. So we reconfigured her whole plan for this year to make her an actual applicant. Now to go do pre algebra with 2&3.
June 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It went through!!

For our 15th Wedding Anniversary (which isn't until August) my husband is *trying* to buy me my dream car!!!!

I say trying but technically after tomorrow it should be mine but the guy won't mark the car sold until the money is wired down. So I'm nervous about that. The car is in Iverness, FL and we're trying to decide if we're going to drive down or just pay a shipper to pick it up. Using a shipper is more cost effective, and leaves some extra $ in our pockets.

The car does need some repairs, but it's minor stuff.

June 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Isn't Inverness near Miami? That's pretty far. But if you go, you will pass right by me! What kind is it? I have been so curious since your post. Thanks for updating.
June 18th, 2013, 07:19 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting....You forgot to share what kind of car...
FW yes our #1's have no choice, but to be the guinea pigs...sounds like yours is paving the way for a bunch of phenomenal success stories though.
5in5 How wonderful to be part of a 60th anniversary.
M2M.... do what's right for you, but you will be missed.

Today my ds1 (dc2) took a babysitting class. He is now officially certified.
Ds3 started a "Safety Town" class that is for incoming Kindergartners. He is LOVING it so far.
Dh is out of town again, til Friday.
We have 4 vacations planned this summer. 2 with dc and 2 without. Looking forward to them all.
Asked our Tuesday and Thursday cleaning lady if she was interested in more hours. Gave her 1st right of refusal. Gave her til Thursday to "chew on it" even gave her the just for the summer option, so we have time to find a 2nd.... Miss our Ms. Sharyn.

Last edited by ~mommy~; June 19th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
June 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
Isn't Inverness near Miami? That's pretty far. But if you go, you will pass right by me! What kind is it? I have been so curious since your post. Thanks for updating.
It's an hour and a half North of Tampa. So far my husband is pushing for having a shipper pick it up, because we'd save like a grand?! So I dunno if we're coming down or not. I like the idea of a shipper only if it means the car will be picked up sooner. We can't go down to get it until next week if we go down.

It's a 1992 25th Anniversary Edition Chevy Camaro Convertible.
~mommy~ likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Well I can't stay away. I tried, even if I am a little peeved but hey, you ladies make me smile

My first were also guinea pigs. I offered to pay for therapy if they ever needed it. lol

Super hot here, but we're supposed to cool down. We had one heck of a 'storm', wind really, come through. One day I will get past my fear of wind....one day.

Tomorrow my baby girl turns 21, sniff, sniff. She's legal in every way now, now her boyfriend can't tell her no to an occasional beer. He's been 21, but since she wasn't he wouldn't even let her sip from a beer. I think he will miss his designated driver lol
June 19th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Were you peeved at us? What did we do?
June 19th, 2013, 05:33 AM
How are gonna fight all 8 of you in that car, BM8?

Yeah, M2M, I missed the post too, whats up?

Canaan has been up since 5:30, why?? I guess he just loves me THAT much. Thanks, Canaan. Off to the meat market before it gets busy.

Oh, hey, I meant to ask if anyone here drinks raw milk? I am thinking of joining this co-op where they "lease" a herd with an opportunity to buy raw milk and other organic products. Thats the only way to get raw milk in MI. You can't just buy it because it's illegal to sell it. You know, cocaine, heroin, raw milk......smh. Anyway, you "buy" into the co-op for $35 a year and then you have the opportunity to buy the milk, up to 4 gallons a week. I have bee reading about health benefits. I don't know, just an idea. It can't be any worse for you than milk from cows fed antibiotics.

Oh, I was going to say too, I have been reading about non GMO foods and how contaminated our meat supply is. I was looking up buying grass fed beef (etc) and OMGoodness it is EXPENSIVE. We would be able to eat for one week a month then go hungry.

I think it's a government conspiracy to kill poor people and large families. LOL
#12 is on the way
June 19th, 2013, 05:38 AM
HA! The car is NOT for the kids to ride in!! I'm now worried about fitting them in LOL!!

It's most likely only going to be driven on occasion. Probably on the rare occasions we have someone to stay with the kids!
UrbanMomma likes this.

June 19th, 2013, 05:43 AM
And here I am trying to sell our conversion van to buy a mini van with dual sliding doors to drive when I only have a few kids. Your car sounds more fun. I always wanted a 1977 Firebird, like in Smokey and the Bandit.....

#12 is on the way
June 19th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No, not you guys specifically

Raw milk is very 'heavy', because it's not separated. It makes awesome butter, and it's easy to make at home.

I had an 88 Camaro, it didn't run, my mom bought it for me with the intentions of getting it up and running and never did. I got to sit in it lol
June 19th, 2013, 08:58 AM
A few of my friends here do the raw milk thing. A couple have their own cows. I am not into it, but i don't drink milk at all. There is a farm an hour or so from here that sells raw milk "for pet consumption only". That's how they do it in fl. Some FBI or dept of ag people were investigating them and taped their fridge shut. But then left the roll of tape behind, so they just took it off and put it back on if they showed up again. I agree about the gmo stuff. We aren't food fanatics, we eat McDonald's etc. but I think some stuff is out of control. We buy a half cow a year from the 4 h show kids. It isn't purely grass fed, but they usually aren't doped up either. I am happy with it. We went blueberry picking today. Got about a gallon for $12. Won't last long. Need to get more. But with 3 toddlers "helping" it was slow going.

If it wasn't us, m2m, you have to tell us what happened.
June 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
The closest I have even come to raw milk is from a camel when its straight and still warm. Im just not into it.

I agree with the meat thing. We buy organic and buy from a local butcher that slaughters our meat and chicken to our standards. It is expensive but I also dont make meat dinners every night because we dont feel that we need to conusme that much meat for our health. But I can totally understand how for some families eating meat more works for them.

I love the blueberry picking!! we have been talking about strawberry picking but havent gone.

Congrats on the new car!!

The wind can be scary at times. If its not for the sounds and howls its the strength of it. welcome back M2m im glad you didnt leave, for the short time ive been on this board you are a major contributor and offer alot of great advice and support!!
June 19th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Mother nature is crazy, she needs to take her medication. Last week we were in the upper 80's, lower 90's. Today we are lucky if we will see 65 and its rainy.
June 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been looking into raw milk too, UM! I know a family that sells it I just need to work up the nerve to go get some and see what I think. I do like the idea of making my own butter!
I'm going to have to make nice with my mom in order to get grass fed beef again. Not sure I want to. Plus you have to be careful because some of the seed they use for pastures is GMO's. I know years ago we used to seed our hay fields all the time, chances are we've already contaminated it and didn't even realize it.
I did talk to someone that worked for Monsanto and helped in the research of GMO's and they're safety. She swears they are safe. She said that she has no problem letting her son eat them. She doesn't work there anymore but she got really hurt when the subject came up because she said she was proud of her work and felt she was helping the world.
So, I don't know. There's always going to be radicals on both sides. I guess it's our job to find a happy middle ground.
June 19th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And I wanted to add...you can't leave m2m! Your advice is always spot on and your always supportive. We'd miss you too much!!
mom2many2010 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search