I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2281Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm not going anywhere, I had a moment of madness, and then it passed lol
June 20th, 2013, 05:57 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you were mad. Glad you are not going anywhere.
ds3 Safety town day 3 he woke up 2 hours before we had to get up (6am)
He kept popping back into my room "is it time yet". Last time, I told him we had 5 more minutes then my alarm clock would go off and I would get up and in the shower, then get him breakfast after which he could get dressed (he ended up climbing into bed with me. his littlest sister was already there) . He wanted to get dressed right away. They gave them all tshirts to wear each day, the color of their town. I chose yellow town for him because yellow is his favorite color. Glad he's so excited. Yesterday a police officer came and talked to them(the same one who gave ds2's cub scout pack a tour of the station. I went to that one, I think I was more excited than ds2) . Tuesday they will get to go on a school bus to the fire dept. and tour it. It will blow his little mind.
June 20th, 2013, 08:56 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I hate when someone calls dh for a haircut and brings 3-4 extra people with them.
#12 is on the way
June 21st, 2013, 06:28 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, that would bug me.

Some lost family on the husbands side found us. She used to live with me and MIL (many moons ago) in California. Her mom sent her to us to learn English, her English has gotten a lot better, I'm sure she won't ask me if I want soap for dinner (soup) or exclaim "look, theirs ****" (fog). She was 16/17 at the time, now she is 36 and has three babies. Now that made me feel old!

Then her mom friended me, I don't know her, but through her husband (she speaks not English) asked for MIL phone number I gave it, but told her she couldn't say she had found us on FB cause the husbands brother is on there and doesn't want to be found by MIL. She said okay, we were worried MIL would question how she got the number, but she was happy to hear from them. There was some sort of falling out, and they haven't spoken in years. Then I had to break the news that Abuelita (grandma) had passed a few years back. I figured they knew, but I guess MIL never told them. I always get a kick out of hearing the husband speak Spanish, surprises most people that he can...and I can't lol

I guess that's it here..
UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.
June 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's cool, m2m! I'm glad you all were able to get reacquainted!

I can't even explain how much that would bother me, UM.

We have a new indoor kitty (we've never had one before). Her official name is Fable Heidi Pretzel nicknamed 'KiKi' (by Milly). FYI, when you have a large family there's a high chance your pets will have large names, lol!
UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.
June 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You can't see me, but I am doing a happy dance {happy dance, happy dance}

Sam and her boyfriend got a house!!!!!

We were down to the wire, no one would take a dog over 20 pounds. Yesterday she calls upset cause they both have 8 days to be out of where they are. I look, nothing, finally I decide to look up rental companies, seven places told me no, they had nothing in the $600 range.....till number 8, she said no then said they had one in $650, and it has a nice sized front yard and a dog runner in the back (we did have to fib about her dogs breed though). She went and looked yesterday, turned in some paperwork this morning and was just told it is theirs!!!! It's 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms (I think, it could be a 1 bath).
June 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for them finding a place.

We just got two new kittens too. Yippee!

One more day for the show. It starts tomorrow at 11:30. Come on down! It is a great show, but I am ready to be done. Time to move on. Next week it is 4h camp for #6 and vbs for me, 3-7.
Momtothe6thpower and ~mommy~ like this.
June 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
All caught up reading. Yay for all the good things.

It's kind of a crazy day here in Alberta, theres lots of flooding south of us. The downtown on the city my sister lives in is getting evacuated and all that kind of stuff. Nothing like that up here thankfully.

Other than that it's been good to get caught up on some much needed domesticating...it's nice to have the kids at home to help
~mommy~ likes this.
June 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I already told you, but congrats again to them for finding a house!!

Trying to pass the time and it's not going fast enough. My pampered chef supply order arrived today, personal order should be here Tuesday, and the car should be delivered by Wednesday. UGH. LONG WEEK FOR ME!
~mommy~ and mom2many2010 like this.

June 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM
M2M-YAY!!! they found a place. Sorry if it was me who made you mad???
FW_ would LOVE to see the show. I'm supposed to be in Orlando the end of August *fingers crossed* do you have any shows planned around then?? Are you close to that location??
UM- i'm sorry they brought extra people and that your dh doesn't seem to be listening to/respecting your requests.
5in5- hope the weather stays away from you and your family. wahoo for helpers.
bm8- yay for getting stuff.

Dh had to extend his travel to at least Wednesday...He left Tuesday (was supposed to be home tonight)
We have a "garage cat" named stanley, tiger, i-cap, kitty or cat depending on who is referring to her and in what mood they are in. About 6 months ago, I was sitting outside our garage and heard her meowing and saw she was curious, she was pretty young/small 2-3 months old likely. I gave her a can of tuna and we've been her people ever since. She rarely comes in the house. Dd1 just brought home a kitten 8-10 weeks old??? She named it "Toast" oddly looks just like garage kitty, just smaller. They are the grey stripey with an M on their forehead.
June 21st, 2013, 05:35 PM
Yay for new kittens!

We are about 4 hours northwest of Orlando. We have little shop of horrors playing in September. My husband will be in the band. #1 was supposed to be the understudy for Audrey. We heard that the original Audrey wasn't able to do the show in September (it was originally supposed to be march) so we don't know if that means #1 is Audrey or not. Why will you be in Orlando? I am supposed to be there first weekend of August for a class reunion. What route will you take to get there?
June 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM
We are hoping to take the dc to Disney.
We were at a silent auction and "won" a villa??? we still have to come up with travel and park tix. We will be there a week. Dh flys a lot for work so he has miles to get the airfare cheaper...
Dc 4 & 5 have birthdays at the end of Aug. we thought that would be a "horrible" way to celebrate them. They will be 6 and 4.
June 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Nope ~mommy~ it wasn't you. The person knows who they are, it's all good now

Tomorrow I'm gonna help Sam move somethings. Then I found some extra stuff around here they can have. Probably go to a local thrift store for a couch. They had some really nice ones for $40, surprised both of us. She's been collecting stuff here and there for the last few years, and most of what they need is the big stuff. they do have a couple of TV's, and 2 bed's and some dressers. I guess we'll see as we go. My MIL is a bit of a hoarder (thankfully only in her garage) so she should have a lot of stuff also. I did get them a free rocker/glider chair last week. I'm gonna cover it's current ugly cushions though.

I got to see the house. It's super cute. The rooms aren't very big, but big enough. My favorite part? The old fashioned claw footed bathtub
~mommy~ and Babymakes8 like this.
June 21st, 2013, 08:23 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My garage is starting to look like I'm a hoarder, lol! I wish you were close I have a kitchen table and a desk that I'd give her.

Fable is a gray/apricot tortoiseshell color. Our honeymoon period is still going to strong. So far she is turning out to be quite the little fly hunter!

I'd love to go to Disney!

I hope she get the role of Audrey!!

Both of my vans are currently broke down. One is an easy fix but costs alot the other is more complicated but cheaper. Dh is now working in the dark trying to fix the complicated one, lol! Hopefully he doesn't put anything on backwards this time, lol!
June 22nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
To bad you aren't closer a desk and table would have been nice lol

Fable, such a cute name!

I hate when all the vehicles decide to poop out at the same time, hopefully he was able to get one of them going for you.

Just drinking some coffee and trying to wake up.
June 22nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Last show. Ready to be done. No one is moving very fast this morning.

I need to get back to organizing the house and creating new storage solutions. Especially in the bathroom. Itis roomy, but I don't keep anything in there. I want shelves, hooks, baskets. I have nothing.
June 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Shoot, I have a couch and a recliner, plus an end table. The couch and recliner even "match" the couch has a blue small floral print and the recliner is light blue.

I keep hoping my 18 ypo and his gf, who has taken up residence here too, will find there own place soon. Yep, two weeks since graduation and its time to move out. LOL

Today is Naathaniel's 12th birthday. Party tomorrow. I am "partied" out. Thik we are just making giant sub sandwiches, he likes those.

Laliyaah has her first boy band fascination. Mindless Behavior. She likes the one with the fro. Oh lawd help me please.

Dh is getting busy today, off to my moms to drop a couple kids. Have a great Saturday.
#12 is on the way
June 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, there is something about a fro, the girl has good taste
UrbanMomma likes this.
June 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Went to my first 31 party today. My friend hosted it as a "brunch" and there was no real presentation. She just had the bags set up on a table in her living room with some catalogs.

I bought way more than I should have. We're not telling my husband until the order gets here...
lol
mom2many2010 likes this.

June 22nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
I have no idea what that is. 31?
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search