I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2508Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is like Tupperware for purses, totes, bags.
Babymakes8 likes this.
June 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love 31! I really need to get a big family tote to haul all of our beach towels and junk!

Honeymoon period with kitty is over, she chewed a hole in Lyss' pump tubing. Of course in her defense Lyss should have stopped her.

Off to the drive-in to see the new Monsters Inc movie and Iron Man 3. It's going to be a late night.
Oh and pray that dh did a good job fixing the van, lol!
mom2many2010 likes this.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

June 22nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Sounds fun! Haven't seen a drive in in 25 years!

I got 4 small shutters from our theater tech set builder guy! I can start making some of the Pinterest things I want! I wish you could have seen the two pirate ships. They unbelievable.
June 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
show us pictures when you're done fw.

Have fun at the movies. I've never been to a drive in.

Happy 12th birthday to your son UM, have fun celebrating.

Never heard of 31 either.

Dh has made 2 of my yard wishes come true this week. We're all really loving the dry weather we had today. We bought a trampoline for the kids and they are thrilled.
June 23rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
esterday sucked! Kaycee was up at 1am vomiting with a fever. It was John's 40th b-day and I had a few plans (gifts, pool, hot wings, and tickets for the family to see Monsters University) Kaycee was doing okay by 5:00pm and was keeping down food and water and really wanted to go to the movies so I packed a tote bag with light jackets and a bottle of grape ibuprofen and put it on the dining room table. I took the big girls upstairs to dry their hair from the pool and I came back down and the dogs got the box of ibuprofen out of my bag and chewed through it and then chewed the child proof cap off and licked up a good bit of it. I had no clue who drank the most of it or anything. John skipped the movie and took both dogs to the emergency vet. Blackie started vomiting and he needed to be put on IV and get treatment for 48hrs. They think blackie will be okay and not go into renal failure. Tanner seemed okay and but the vet wanted to do the same treatment for him. That would be another $1,000. We opted to have them check his renal function and it was okay. I took him home against their advice and I have 2 meds to give him to coat his stomach and prevent ulcers. They want us to bring him back today to check his renal function again. What a CRAPPY birthday for my husband. I feel so bad.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Scary cnote! Glad they are going to be okay though!

Up early getting mac n cheese going for Ted and Sam's 'party' today, then to go and find a cake or something. Sam doesn't like traditional cake so I'm thinking an ice cream cake. I've gotta go water my friends husband garder, it's not hard but it's a big garden and does take some time.
June 23rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
31 is different sorts of totes and purses and organization things.
my friend suckered me into hosting a show, so I'm having one on July 12. I turned it right around on her and said she can have a pampered chef show for me in August since that's after our fall launch and there will be new products. LOL

This is what I ordered for myself, in the punch bowl print
Thermal Tote | Thirty-One Gifts | Thirty-One Catalog Purses Totes Bags

I allowed my DD to have a $12 spending limit, thinking she'd choose a $12 wallet or something, but she found Timeless cinch bags for $5 in the catalog (2 bags in the set) and chose those with a teal rosette clip for another $5.

I got suckered into this month's special, spent $35 so I could get a utility tote for $10 I admit it, I'm weak!

cnote I'm sorry you had a sick little one, and so sorry your doggies had to get a trip to the vet! Happy birthday to your hubs anyway!

FW, I would like to see the shutters when you're done and did you get a pic of the pirate ship?

5in2005, JEALOUS! I want a trampoline in our back yard! LOL

June 23rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We had a trampoline. It came down when Isaiaah knocked out his whole tooth, and I do mean the entire tooth, root and all. Now we just have the pool and the swingset. I'd love one of the ground level trampolines, wonder how much that would cost?

Today is Naathaniel's bday party. Its hot, 80 something already this am, up in the 90's later, and humid. I got up early to make his cupcakes. Luckily he is the worlds easiest child, he wants tuna noodles and sub sandwiches. Nothing hot, nothing I have to cook. I like him.

Where are the pics of this pirate ship? Interested in what you will be doing with shutters too.

Enjoy your parties today m2m!!

cnote, sounds like something that would happen on my bday. Sorry it turned out like that. Can you all make up for it today?
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 23rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
I don't have any pics. Sad, isn't it? Another parent took oodles of pics, so I hope they send them soon. And the photographer from our local paper is doing a story next week on the set designer/builder so maybe I will get those pics from her, too. Why they didn't do it last week so people coud come see it? People can't think ahead.
Babymakes8 likes this.
June 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Just one of those things, cnote. Don't feel bad, you can always make it up to your dh later.
Have you seen the movie this is 40? You guys might get a laugh out of it after your dh's crappy bday.

Are you hosting online for 31, bm8? I have one of those thermal totes for each of the kids...well had, Alyssa ruined hers (cause she used it everyday for her insulin supplies) and dh's aunt spelled Milly's name wrong. I love them though!

Happy Birthday to Naathaniel!

Monster's University was pretty cute. Kudos to pixar for doing a 'back in time' sequel because it brings new life to Monsters Inc. I have 3 that haven't seen it and can't wait!

When I'm Due...

June 23rd, 2013, 09:50 PM
momtothe6th, I'm having a show at my home on the 6th (was supposed to be the 12th but we changed it). She set up an online show thingy though so people who can't come in person can still order if they want.

We saw this is 40 and laughed our butts off, and several times we exclaimed, "OMG that's us!!" lol

We are wanting to take our kids to see Monsters University. There's a drive in theater locally playing it. We get a double feature with our admission at the drive in, and kids are only $2!!

We had a great day today. Went to a spaghetti benefit for my cousin's mother in law who has lung cancer and is having a lower lobe removed from her lung next month. Made our donation for the food, I donated a Pampered Chef gift basket filled with goodies and a pizza stone for the silent auction, and we also bid (and won) on several silent auction items. It was a lot of fun and for a great cause and my husband said "bid on whatever you want" so I did! HA! Not so long ago we were in a position where we couldn't help others if we wanted to, so to be on the other side of that coin, and to help someone who really needed it, it was a real joy and a blessing to us! I hope we get to do it again soon!
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.

June 24th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Does it always have to be humid when its hot....ughhhh.
June 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ugh, I am tired today!

UM that's one thing about Idaho I like, most of the heat is dry heat, it's not humid often. I can handle heat, but humidity just sticks around lol yuck!

Ground level trampolines are fairly common out here. Most people just make a big hole and drop them in, or buy the ones with the shorter legs, cause you need to be able to pick up some 'bounce' and curve the hole a little. I've wanted to get them one, but my kids have no fear, and as clumsy as they are on a good day, I have just chosen to avoid them lol

Birthday parties were a success. Ted is so HARD to buy for, his conditions have taken so much from him, it saddens me sometimes. About the only thing he still finds joy in is music, which of course we get for him, but that makes thinking outside the box a little harder. Sam was easy...she needed house stuff lol. Lupan did order her a set/kit of 30 nail polishes though.

Oh the husband did something unusual. Usually the family is present is what we get the kids. I tell him what it is, and there you go. This year he went and picked them out cards. Ted's was pretty funny, and Sams had strawberry shortcake (the only really girly thing about her). Sam thought it was so cool that he knew that, then she saw Lupans face and realized that brother had a hand in her's lol He also gave them money...

Let's see. Sam is all moved in, and her BF is 90% moved in. Lupan helped them finish up last night. Sam and I knew if we could get her BF and Lupan together they could be friends. Her BF is a lot like Lupan, well I guess even after they were done moving Lupan hung around and chatted with the BF, very unusual for him. Whats funny is all Sam wanted to do was go back to her brothers and get her clothes out of the dryer so she could pass out. Not sure when that finally happened lol

Today we are registering Megans new car. Not sure if I mentioned it but hubby and son went in on it for her. They bought it from the husbands boss, it's an older car, but well taken care of. They just replaced the timing chain and a bunch of other stuff in it. The only reason he sold it is cause his wife was tired of looking at it. Now to get her licensed.
Momtothe6thpower likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
m2m, I have to say I am so impressed at how well your family works together to help each one another. From moving, to buying cars, to just being family. Well done!

June 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
The humidity here is so thick that floridians grow gills.

#6 went to 4H camp today. He wil be 6 next month and ths is the first time he has done something alone. He had friends going, too, but they weren't there when I left. He burst out bawling! The friends came in just then, so I knew he would calm down, but I left him crying. I am the worst mother ever.
June 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I spoke to soon, we are humid today, but not super hot. Yuck!

FW, nothing wrong with that. sometimes we have to force the issue, they almost always have a great time once they get it out of their systems.

BM8, my kids are great, but they are still siblings. Sam can be the hardest to get along with cause her filter is sometimes broken lol but she will give the clothes off her back if you need them. Lupan can be standoffish, which comes across as douchey at times, but he will also give you his shirt if you need it, but there isn't anything they wouldn't do for the other.
Babymakes8 likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
MT6TH AND bm8 I saw s preview for that movie, looks funny. Want to see it, hoping dh will watch it with me.
M2M SOUNDS LIKE A FUN TIME (sorry caps lock )
fw I hate that feeling. like pp said, he will be fine and have a great time.

ds3 had safety town again today. tomorrow is the big trip to the fire dept. he is so excited. Dh called this past Saturday and said I may be loading the dc into an rv to come see him for a few days..and some party?? We will leave tues. or wed. looking like wed. I am so grateful, it's bad enough ds3 will miss the rest of his class, but if he had to miss the fire dept.... Hopefully, it will be ok because he gets to see daddy. dropped ds2 off for a playdate. came home made lunch, taking ds1 to the dr then picking up ds2 on the way home. Then I get to start packing. Hopefully I will hear more from dh about party and what we all should wear....please let us already have it. Laundry is so much easier/cheaper than shopping.
June 24th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Reading your post, M2M, I also thought that your family seems so united! I pray that mine will grow to be that way but I have a feeling that it will be my 2nd oldest (oldest boy) that will take care of the others. Sadly my oldest is very self-entitled. We are trying to break her of it but I'm learning that it may be one of the hardest 'habits' to break.
Oh and you totally got my hopes up about Idaho not being humid!! I HATE humidity, it sucks the life out of me. Last summer we had a long dry spell and I was so surprised that I could run 3 miles and still feel great in 100 degree dry heat but could barely make it a mile in 80 degrees with high humidity! I think I was made for the desert, lol!

I forgot everything else I was going to say. I do that every time. I think I'm going to comment on everyone's post then start typing and forget.
Oh well, hope you all have great days!!

When I'm Due...

June 24th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Oh he had a great time! Made a frog and a crystal snowflake and learned about reading. My other son, #4, spent the night at a friends house. His dad was a marine and is a gun dealer. The dad asked my permission, of course, and taught him to shoot a 22. Said he made almost every shot on a tiny soda can out to 45 yards!
June 24th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Maybe I am made for the desert to, cause humidity sucks!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I am walking around wrapped it 90 degree hot, wet blanket!

I don't feel like cooking, cleaning, moving, anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search