I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2319Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my youngest had a nap not too long ago but she's so cranky I think she probably needs another one!!

June 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
BM8....teething maybe?

We live in the desert technically which is why I think humidity is rare here.

Our weather is all over the place. Went to take Megan to register the car and it was literally pouring. I couldn't see the roads or anything, about a mile up. The sun was shinning and it was hot lol
June 24th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
UM, did you call me this morning? i got a call from Grand Rapids, Michigan and i dont know anyone but you in that state.....probably a bill collector.

i am so bored!! it is killing me to look at my dirty carpets and recognize that i can't push a vacuum or carpet cleaner for at least a week. ugh!!!!!
~mommy~ likes this.

~~terre~~
June 24th, 2013, 06:18 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Im not near Grand Rapids. Mine would probably say Detroit. But I don't believe I have your number to even attempt to call you. LOL

You keep taking it easy even if you are bored!!

I'm hot, I'm going to sleep until Friday when it should cool down to upper 70's with low humidity.......yeah, i wish. LOL
#12 is on the way
June 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Kailyn- mom why do people like to take their shirts off and kiss?
Me- because it's what they like to do.
kailyn- Ohhhhhh okay, so kissing is okay?
Me- only with the right person and only when mommy says it's okay.

This wasn't because of some show with a scene in it. Nope, it was a commercial lol
June 24th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
speaking of hot weather, i noticed today on the weekly forecast, we can be assured that it will be about 111 degrees this weekend. should be fun......NOT!

and UM, i am totally resting! heading down to bed right now.....

~~terre~~
June 25th, 2013, 06:40 AM
111???? I would spontaneously combust.

Thunder storming this morning.
#12 is on the way
June 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He cried again! This time he ran out the door to the parking lot. I reprimanded him for being unsafe and disobedient and he went back in with the camp lady. We had friends stay the night last night. I think he thinks he is going to miss something. I told him we are not going swimming or playing x box while he is gone. And we really aren't. We did dishes, math, yelled a little. He isn't missing anything.
Babymakes8 likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is he at camp all week? Hopefully it will get easier for him (and you) as you go along.

How about you all send a few degrees up here, I want to complain about the heat for a little while too.
June 25th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Who is at camp? My mom sent me once and I HATED every single minute of it!!!!!!!!!!
#12 is on the way
June 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Just a bunch of other 5-7 yos. He is always happy when I get him, having fun, and tells me about all the fun he had. Maybe he isn't a morning person.
June 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Good morning, ladies!

Sorry I've been absent for a while. With the pregnancy and DH's work stress and starting summer home school for the kids I just wasn't feeling very sociable. I have to admit I've been awfully grouchy in general this pregnancy, but I have stopped by to catch up every now and then, just haven't really had anything interesting to say!

I'm 32 weeks now, which is great since the HR OB got us all worked up about "trying" to make it to 28 weeks and she's still fine and growing well. So I'm starting to relax a little more and having high hopes for a big healthy baby in August.

I see the summer heat is starting to settle in everywhere now, and I agree, UM, the humidity is the WORST! We're really lucky to have a pool and the big kids have learned (and respect) the safety rules and are working on their swimming lessons and the baby loves to float around in her little floaties and I really enjoy the break from the heat and gravity of just wading around in there letting my belly float. But, since none of them can swim independently yet, I only take them in when DH is home to help out, so we have been doing a lot of art projects and summer school things indoors.

I've started knitting belly baby's blanket and expect to be done by the end of July. I'm hoping it will help make the wait more tolerable. With this baby being our 4th girl in 5 years, I have practically nothing I need to do to get ready for her. Set up the crib, wash some clothes, make sure the diapers are in order, install the car seat... that's like maybe an afternoon? And I don't bother packing my hospital bag until I'm in labor. Even with buying postpartum recovery supplies, I have max 3 days of things to do to get ready for her arrival, but 8 weeks of pregnancy left--with nothing pressing to do, it feels like it is FOREVER away! So I'm hoping that the hand knit blanket will add a little "I don't want her to come before I finish this!" to help the time pass more reasonably.

My oldest turns 5 next Thursday! She's SO excited. Both sets of grandparents are coming, I'm making a vanilla cake with blueberries and raspberries, we'll have a little bbq and pool party and she can stay up late to go see the fireworks show for the first time. I am a little bummed that both her aunts and uncles have bailed so there will be no cousins there. I didn't have a lot of family unity growing up, and I always hoped for big family gatherings with lots of kids running around and now we have the great huge fenced yard full of fun kids things, an in ground pool, a hand full of cousins and a birthday on a holiday weekend that everyone has off of work, I had hoped we'd start having a nice family party around this time every year, but it's apparently not a priority for others. I'm glad the grandparents are coming though, and even more grateful that we're working on creating a large family of our own--if the cousin's parents aren't that interested in prioritizing the relationship between all the kids, at least I can provide my own gaggle of girls to bond and play together!

June 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see you around, Jenilope! I was wondering about you. Happy B-day to your oldest!
June 25th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
~~waves hand at jenilope~~~~ hi! glad all is well and know this from one who has been there done that --- BIG family gatherings are overrated!!! i's advise you to enjoy what family you do have and make the most of the moment with your littles. it will be wonderful for them. and you can always invite friends and make them your family; i have done that many times.
Jenilope likes this.

~~terre~~
June 25th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jenilope! glad to see you post!

June 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Jenilope! Glad to see you back. Happy Birthday to the 5yo!!!
#12 is on the way
June 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hi Jenilope! As MIL said, enjoy what ya got, sometimes those big family parties can be crazy hectic and not always in a good way.

I think I'm gonna offer up the younger 4 for sale on E-Bay. They have been...yeah..brat's!

Although today was funny cause Kailyn was walking through Walmart singing "Hey mambo, mambo mister tally man...." (Beetle-juice). Literally through the whole store and never stopped singing it. It was driving me insane, until I heard a lady an isle over singing it too. When we bumped into her, she started laughing and said the song was now stuck in her head. I guess there are worse things lol
June 25th, 2013, 03:32 PM
#6 won a cookie in a dance contest at vbs tonight. Maybe that will help him have a better mood tomorrow.
June 25th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Wait m2m, we can offer up a few of mine as a package deal, maybe we will get more??
#12 is on the way
June 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If my 2 yr old wasn't so cute most days I'd throw her in too! She screamed the entire time in the store. I didn't even make it down the first isle before I had to go back to the van and we never could get her calmed down so went drove the 22 miles back home without buying a thing. So frustrating!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search