I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2095Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
A package deal, almost like buy one get one free. That just might work.

Sorry Cortney. If I really need the stuff I just let the child scream. I know that's not politically correct, but I am not going to go back and forth.
~mommy~ likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband has been helping our elderly neighbor lady with her coon issues. he's been setting a live trap and then we go over next morning and dispatch any coons. They've been getting in her garage and tearing up stuff and tormenting her cat.

Her husband had a stroke 2 years ago and has been in an assisted living facility ever since. It is doubtful that he will ever recover enough to come home. She is waiting on power of attorney to go through on July 11th so she will be able to sign his name and move stuff out off the house/off the property.

She has offered to sell us his road legal scooter (a wildfire) for $100 after July 11. We told her we'd pay more, but she said no no it needs some cleaning up and I just want it out of here. So we said Ok. Just waiting for her to have power of attorney now.

For the last two years we have gone to help her pick her peaches off her peach trees. She's always so grateful. First year she gave us half the harvest, last year we refused to accept any peaches because the trees didn't produce as well and we didn't want to take from her. Husband has helped fix her electrical, etc.

We have a few other elderly neighbors that my husband helps out when they need it. They are always so thankful and appreciative. They always try to find some way to thank us or show their appreciation, too. We always feel so blessed when we help these neighbors, and I don't mean by getting anything in return. It's just how we feel after we help them.

Now my FIL is one of our elderly neighbors (he's 72) but he's polar opposite of the others. He acts like we "owe him" since he "raised my husband" and we should help him when he needs it just because he breathes. We haven't talked to him since a couple months ago when I stopped in just to be sure he is still alive and breathing. He all but shut the door in my face, said he doesn't need anything. Dude, I wasn't asking if you needed anything, I just wanted to see if you were still alive lol

Since we've stopped doing for my FIL we've been more relaxed. Every time we helped him we have been screwed over some way or another anyway. Does that make us horrible people that we'll help our elderly neighbors except my FIL?
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

June 26th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I think if he asked I would lean toward grace and help. But I wouldn't seek him out. Smile and wave while driving so you are approachable, but don't go knocking on his door.

But I am trying to deal with my own inlaw anger, so I may be biased.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i agree with FW -- IF he asked then maybe yes, help him out. but i sure would not volunteer for anything!
#5in2005 likes this.

~~terre~~
June 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I agree. There are some people who are just toxic. I want to love all people, but some make it so hard and take too much. Being approachable and friendly and open if he requests something is different than purposely setting yourself up for abuse. Sorry he's acting like such an entitled curmudgeon!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

June 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
BM8, I agree with the others about fil and bless your hearts for being so kind to the elderly in your neighborhood. If everyone was like that the world would be a better place.

We are having a sleepover of epic proportions, I think we have 9 guests. I told the girls they could invite whoever they wanted, the older 2 stuck to 1 friend each, the others have 2 or 3. So far so good, they're all having a great time.

Last edited by #5in2005; June 26th, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
June 26th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
BM8 I agree with everyone else when it comes to FIL. If he asked, I'd help, but I wouldn't go out of my way for him. Kindness breeds kindness.

We have been so humid, but it should move out when the 100 temps hit us.

Today my pump for my well went out, and wouldn't ya know it. I had hair dye in my hair lol

I had been draining the kids pool because of the last few storms. So Vanna scooped out the water and poured while I cleaned it out of my hair lol. My landlord found that to be really funny.
~mommy~ likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM
hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do, M2m. i say that was a genius idea!

made dinner earlier today, baked a dozen extra large chocolate chunk cookies that are gluten free and took a two hour nap. also finished up a huge pile of paperwork that i had been ignoring for a long time. DH will be late, as usual, so my time is my own right now. might have to go back to bed.....

~~terre~~
June 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my family had left over spaghetti for dinner. I'm going to make myself a fruit smoothie for my dinner.

Thanks for the input regarding FIL. We've even stopped waving at this point because when/if we see him in town and wave, he doesn't wave back. He has even changed his "routine" by going down to get his mail at the post office/bank/local store for milk 1-2 hours EARLIER than he used to. He gets paid on the 3rd and gets up earlier to go to the bigger town for his monthly grocery shopping so that he won't run into us at Walmart. We're feeling snippy enough to set our alarms on July 3 and make sure we get to Walmart first and park in the front. Just because we can
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

June 26th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Seriously, smile and wave. It drives them nuts. And it helps you stay nice.

But in my case, I want to cut them off, write them off, not pretend anymore.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
June 27th, 2013, 06:32 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't pretend, you'll know if I don't like you.
MIL2lissy8 and Babymakes8 like this.
#12 is on the way
June 27th, 2013, 09:18 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2M im hoping there wasnt chlorine in the pool when you were doing that! What a thing to happen.

The sleepover sounds fun, my daughters are still young for that but I cant wait for that type of girly things for my girls to do.

CHocolate chunk cookies sound pretty good right now and although I dont have chunks I have the chips so I just might be doing some baking today!!

Going to a BBQ later and then another on Sunday and then Im opting out for any other get togethers until welll after delivery of this baby!!! Im just to tired to be peppy for everyone. Plus Id rather just stay in the house where I can turn AC as low as I like and sit and sweat in the heat! lool...
June 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
my littles are coming for lunch today after their movie. i am as prepared as i can be and looking forward to a visit. i am also looking forward to rest time later. took a hot shower this morning hoping to move this bruise along and i think it was too much - i feel kinda drained.

i just lowered my A/C so it would be cool when they get here but i have not been outside so i don't know how hot it is......

~~terre~~
June 27th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We were in the grocery store (me and my 4 youngest). There was another mom with her two, a little one just over a year and her boy who was maybe 6. This mom just kept riding this kid, who I have to say was being a perfect angel, he was doing nothing wrong. Just walking beside his mom.

At one point, while his mom was stopped, he bumped the cart and it hit his mom's foot. She get's all pissed off, cause she's on the phone and trying to find something. She starts saying "If you don't knock your Sh&* off, I'm going to get really F&*^%$ pissed off, quit acting like and A@# and let me find what I am trying to find."

I'm walking past her thinking "WTH?", so I say under my breath "Well someone has an anger problem" It really wasn't loud at all, when Aiden (6) turns around, points at her and says "Yeah, her". Oye.

Well the cat's out of the bag, so I just say "Yep, and it's not nice to point". Needless to say, since we kept going down the same isle's that she was very nice to her kids after that, but I often wonder if you can be that mush of an *** in public what it would be like in private. No wonder that poor boy was so quite and timid.
June 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM
i wonder that too sometimes.....

~~terre~~
June 27th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I don't understand people using that kind of language on their kids. So sad.

Went to my orientation meeting for my foreign exchange kid. This will be great. My teens will be able to go on a lot of the outings without me, for free!

Back to my inlaws though. I was telling my BFF about my latest issue and I said "they will be dead or in a nursing home in 10-15 years so if that is how they want to be, so be it." I was all about cutting them off, or not helping bridge the relationship in any way. And it sunk in, they could be dead in 10-15 years. They are 74&72. I have put up with them for almost 20 anyway, what's ten more? I really had a moment of thinking there.
MIL2lissy8 and Babymakes8 like this.
June 27th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM I sometimes have that thought about my MIL, and then reality set's in.

I managed to flood the boys room in the basement with about 2 inches of water maybe more. After hours of cleaning it using my carpet cleaner, running to Walmart to buy Wind machine fans (which I will be taking back), setting them up. I am finally sitting down.

I have come to the conclusion that the water gods, do not like me. It's just that simple.
June 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a big job to get that all cleaned up!

Sometimes we all have to remind ourselves that we can pick our friends but not our family.

The sleepover went super well, all the kids had a great time. Had to settle in the 2 friends my youngest had over at 3 am, but other than that everyone just did their thing. Everything got dirty and a lot of food got eaten

We're heading to a rodeo this afternoon to spectate, and going camping after that. We're going with friends and taking our side by side atv(I don't know what everyone calls it). We've never done this before, but it's been dh's dream to go do this (and now we can, we have the side by side). I'm not sure if I'll love it, and I'm finding it a little hard to prepare not knowing what I'm in for. I'll also be pulling our trailer for a longer distance (about an hour and half, as opposed to just taking it to town 3 miles away) so wish me luck.

Oh and, it's hot here. Not hot like some of you, but 85F is HOT for us.

Have a great weekend everyone
June 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Wow! 85 is a little too warm for me too. Thank. God for air conditioning and pools and springs.

It is storming off and on here today. Dropped #6 at his last day of camp. No tears! They are going to a lake today. I don't like lakes. Took 7,8,&9 to visit a friend who had a baby yesterday. She is so pretty. Looks just like her big sis, bro, and mommy. Her name is Journey Lynn. I like it. I would never have been cool enough to pull that off.
June 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ugh, my washing machine is pretty much dead (see the water theme again), and I had to pull the carpeting out of the boys room. The smell it's like **** and piss, dirt and pine, it is so bad!

I'll just have to get them carpets before winter. Those floors get really cold, not a bad thing in the summer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search