I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2510Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are just cleaning up dinner. Spagetti. Who knew kids can make such a mess with it. Oh well.

The weather is getting depressing. We are buried in snow, expecting 10 more inches, and it's cold. Sigh. Last year on this date, it was 65 and my FIL was golfing. Today it's snowing and 28. Will winter ever end?

Sorry for the weather pity party! But would love some sun and fun!

Have a great night ladies and weekend if I don't get back on.

We are 33 weeks already. Yikes. How did that happen?

March 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
time is flying!

We have had lots of snow the last few days too. I am okay with the snow as long as it's still March, it's life up here, but hoping it will be gone in April.

The bad news: my dishwasher died, and last time I got it repaired the guy told me this was the last time he could fix it.

The good news: I was planning to replace it anyways so I actually ordered another one wednesday, and now I don't have to feel bad about throwing away a dishwasher that was still half working.

The bad news: I currently only have a 7 and 4 year old in the house, and they're not going to be nearly as much help doing dishes as the older kids.

Anyways, off to a birthday party after dishes, hope everyone has a good night.
March 15th, 2013, 06:43 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
The midwest only has two seasons.....cold and hot. I am sick of cold.

Fried chicken for dinner, they always want FC.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
UM, my girls would love to have you over! They are always asking for fried chicken, but I'm convinced I would mess it up somehow.

New picture in progress......
March 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Love fried chicken, my hubby doesn't care for chicken so I don't get to cook it as much as I like. I love chicken.

number 5 I have an easy 'fried' chicken recipe for the oven. I do that one when I am in a rush and don't feel like standing in the kitchen.
March 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Fried chicken is easy. Really easy. Throw in some cornbread too and make mashed potatoes. Dinner in a flash.

Any ideas for food to serve for Canaans bday?? I am tried of the same old, same old.
March 16th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only do sandwich's for bday parties unless I'm somewhere that serves pizza.

I love fried chicken breasts. It used to be my favorite meal but we haven't had it in a few years. Now I'm craving it!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I have done sloppy joes, made big subs, pizza, BBQ'ed, lasagna, spaghetti, fried chicken....I need something new.
March 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Taco/tostado bars are easy, not to expensive and have been a hit the few times I have done them. Throw in some chips and salsa, some home made refried beans (cheaper and not hard at all), and yummy.
Jenilope and MIL2lissy8 like this.
March 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
You know I had thought of that. That may be the way we go. The kids would like it.
March 16th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's always hard when trying to find foods for everyone. But I haven't mead a kid or adult that doesn't like taco's.
March 16th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Then I got lazy...LOL. I thought about cutting up lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives and decided to make chili and cornbread and mac n cheese. Dh is gonna BBQ ribs.
March 16th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Veteran
Hey Counting, too bad you can't pass some of that snow over here, to Oregon! My boys have been asking all winter long when it will snow. I think we had two days of snow ...but it always melted by afternoon.

Usually we just get a bunch of hail.
March 16th, 2013, 05:49 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Counting ... I feel like, ugh, only 33 weeks!?!? I am ready for a baby and I do not want to wait another month and a half. Too bad for me, huh? LOL! Thank goodness soccer just started so we'll be busy. That will help pass the days.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like tacos. I let the kids have them if we are going out on a date night.

I chose not to go to a wedding today of a daughter of my main large family mentors. The mom, my mentor, has 9. She greatly influenced me, my patenting, my homeschooling, but I really don't know any of her kids well, if at all. But now everyone who went is putting up pics and talking about how much fun it was. I missed out.

But I did make 3 pans of baked ziti. 1 for 2&3's church camp fundraiser tomorrow, 1 for my friend who had her 6th baby, and 1 for us for dinner. I finished painting around the boys window. I moved my non essential baby gear back to our house. And used #1's shower chair as a marital aid.
March 17th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had baked chicken for dinner last night. I just tossed legs and thighs in a casserole dish, poured a couple cans of cream soup over top, and baked for an hour. Potatoes and carrots on the side. Easy peasy.

We advertised our bull calf over the weekend and he's leaving today. We're slightly sad to see him go, but happy to have the money.

I've decided to try my hand at being a Pampered Chef consultant. I buy enough of it, thought I may as well try selling it. Actually have a friend in Colorado thinking about doing a catalog show to help me get my first 3 parties in.

March 17th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Tacos are super easy! Bags of salad, already cut. Cheese, already shredded. Tomatoes, an older kid can cut. Shell's, already made. Salsa, from a jar, already made. I see where no effort needs to be put in besides dumping in big bowls. Well the ground beef might be some work, but again something an older kid can do.

For party food, I like as little work as possible.

FW how do you not like tacos? It's a salad in a shell lol

Lupan is supposed to come get the little ones and take them to an arcade. Sam and I are supposed to go looking for a bed for her, for when she moves out, and all I want to do is sit on my ***.
March 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am getting a bit annoyed at my son's Sunday School teacher. He's been complaining the past few weeks that she's always harping on him to turn the pages of the Bible from the top corner (he turns from the side). I don't know if he's accidentally ripping them when he turns them, or what, but when I watch him turn the pages from the corner, he rips them. IDK what is going on, but honestly, we haven't been to church in a few years, he doesn't want to be there and she's lucky he's remembering to bring the darn thing at all. In addition, today she took his Bible away and said that it's the church's. It's identical to the church's Bibles because it was given to him by the church and it has his name in it!!! He didn't tell me until we'd already left, but I turned back around and we marched right back in there and got it. I'll have to say something to her next week I guess. :/ Maybe we can make a cover for it out of a paper bag.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
If it's his bible he can turn the pages any way he wants to. Am I missing something? Is there a rule to flipping pages? Sounds like someones got issue's and I don't mean your son.
March 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i agree about the issues. i think the teacher is trying to teach him respect for the Bible, by turning the pages in a gentle manner but geez --- you can be gentle by turning the middle of the page as well as you can a corner.

and sarah -- what about something cool like comics from sundays paper rather than a brown bag? or some wrapping paper to make it personal for him?

FW -- i loved your comment about the 'marital aid".

love tacos too! i rarely make them though cus dh likes fried shells and i like softer or already formed shells. i am lazy and don't fry anything.

had such a busy day yesterday. had to be at the ball field at 8:30am, then breakfast at a restaurant between 9:15 and 10:00. hurry to karate while DH takes wyatt back to the field for opening ceremonies. karate from 10:30 till noon, then rush back to the field again for a 1:30pm game. finally outta there by 3:30ish, went home for a 20 minute siesta. then on to the next town to visit a friend in the hospital. met other friends for dinner at a local mexican place that we love. (did not have tacos, by the way). did enjoy a couple drinks there and lots of chips and salsa. after that, we then detoured to the friends house for more. it was a really fun way to end a very long day!

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search