I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2161Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 06:40 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Its EE-vahn-ee
#12 is on the way
June 30th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Good morning everyone!

M2M--sorry about all the water problems, that is NUTS!! I'm glad you've found an affordable washer replacement and got the smell out, how did your hair turn out?

FW--hope you all have a good time with your exchange student, that sounds exciting!

UM--I have also been super grumpy most of this month. I swear I'm not even having mood swings, I just veered right into grouchy and got stuck there. And I 100% agree with you about the fireworks all night long. In our old town, I swear they started in May and didn't stop until it snowed. It was obnoxious. Stop by 10 or 11, people need to sleep! And I also get antsy about the name towards the end. I think we've decided on Cecily Elizabeth for this baby, but I'm not 100% sure, part of me still loves Penelope (nn Poppy) and Lucy... but I've been feeling Cecily for most of the pregnancy. I'll probably wait and make the final call once I see her.

BabyMakes8--congrats on the 5K! That's awesome!

I had some preterm labor and had to spend Saturday night being monitored at the hospital. I was having contractions and dilation but then baby flipped breach and it all stopped, so I didn't have to have any meds to stop it but they wanted to keep an eye on me. I got 2 steroid injections just to be safe since I was at a higher risk of delivering early due to the choroiangioma anyway and now I'm supposed to be on bedrest. Ha. I'll see what I can do, DH is handling the weekend really well, but tomorrow it's back to work and his MBA classes start again. The last time I was on bedrest we hired a part time nanny to watch the kids and DH worked 1/2 days at the office and 1/2 days at home. But, this time we don't have the cash for the nanny and he's got work and school commitments and I doubt he'll have to freedom to work from home, so we're just crossing our fingers and doing our best to get through the next 4 weeks, hopefully without him having to take a leave because we really can't afford it.

Other than that, we've got Matilda's 5th birthday coming up on Thursday and a bunch of people coming whenever they **** well feel like it and a big part of me wants to just tell them all to stay home now, but apparently, they're not getting the message. I know I complained that there wouldn't be a big family gathering for M's birthday, but now it's worse. I specifically invited people to come July 3-6. Instead, I've got MIL and FIL coming July 1-4, My dad and step-mom July 4-6, my sister cancelled (I think? Not clear?) and my BIL and SIL coming July 11-14! On top of that, other friends coming to visit the weekend after that, but at least that's only one day. How am I supposed to be on "bed rest," have a birthday party, and deal with so many visitors? This is all feeling like a mistake. (the visitors, not the baby!)

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

June 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
OOh man what day yesterday was. So Old Navy had a sale on flip flops for $1 and tanks and shorts and things...soooo...I decided how great that would be for me to buy all 7 of the kids, me and DH a rainbow of flip flops to wear with any outfit!! HAAAhhah

was I stupid!! we get there at 10.30am and the store is litterally stuffed with like a million people! the lines went to the back of the store!!!!! That is CRAZY !!! The flip flops are only reg like 5 bucks or so ..but anyhow we walked out immediately !!

Today we are suppose to be going to another big BBQ picnic thing in park but Im leaning towards Dh taking the kids and me staying home.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
June 30th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Jen- I like Poppy, its so cute. I couldn't use it because no double a. Glad they stopped the contrax, get some rest, I know it will be hard, but take it easy the best you can.
The relatives all visiting sounds like my worst nightmare. Ahhhhh!!!

As far as the Old Navy flip flop thing, thats crazy, I would have left too!!
#12 is on the way
June 30th, 2013, 02:52 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
me too! its not worth the wait or the chaos to get shoes for a doller.

we got up to 109 degrees so far today!!!! it so sux to be here....our a/c reset itself to 83 degrees wile we out this morning and so its nasty freaking hot in here. I think we are going to a movie just to use someone else's a/c.

TMI ALERT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
truthfully, I am exhausted -- it was not a night for sleep. I was awake at midnight to hear wyatt slam a door upstairs and then sort of tumble down the stairs screaming all the way. his leg was hurting -- growing pains again or maybe dehydrated from earlier in the day. thankfully I asked him if he wanted me to take him back up stairs because he said yes....and then he said 'oh btw, I threw up too'. so, in the dark, we traveled up the stairs just in time for me to walk in a puddle of it in the doorway. I jumped back and hit the lights on . oh it was fun -- he had had RED Gatorade, fried and chicken nuggets earlier that evening. picture my carpet, walls, door front and back and bathroom rug.....it was AWFUL!! oh and he got the bed too. so I stripped it, let him lay on the mattress pad, and started to clean the mess. thus, not a lot of sleep. he was up by 5:15 a.m. hyper as can be. DH was mad and grumpy for the better part of the morning but is ok now that his phone issue seems to be fixed. I did carpet shampoo this morning before church buy I have more to do...tomorrow.

~~terre~~
June 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought you were supposed to be resting.

My mil in bothered that my son has chosen to go ziplining with his friend instead of to their house. She is trying to be funny with "tell him he is out of the will" and "what could be better than our house". But the best one was "Jacob and William will be so disappointed". Oh boo freaking hoo. They are two of the four cousins who will be there. I swear it is taking every once of restraint to not just blast her and explain why her son wouldn't answer her and it took two days for me to reply that we would come at all. She's lucky I think she will be dead in ten years and I have respect for the elderly.
Babymakes8 likes this.
June 30th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Ughhh...Terre. Yuck.

Ziplining sounds fun.
#12 is on the way
June 30th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I think he will have a great time. All he will miss is seeing his grandparents fawn all over the cousins. I better fix my attitude. My sil had quads. She was a hero of faith for not selectively aborting. I was irresponsible, and kind of slutty, to have my 4th. I have a long memory. I wish I didn't. It is a curse.
Babymakes8 likes this.
June 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I know what you mean about a long memory......I share that trait.

My husband is making me watch the BET awards with him......I despise award shows. I hate watching celebrities get together and tell each other who great they are. **GAG**
#12 is on the way
June 30th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my I want to cry...I did a photo shoot this evening and I blew it. I had one this morning that went so well and I just assumed I would get right back in the zone this evening and it didn't happen. I went completely blank. I don't even want to look at the pictures. I'm so disappointed in myself.
July 1st, 2013, 05:01 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FW, I have a big memory, too. I liked your post because I love love love your comparison between Quad Carrying SIL not aborting and you having 4 singletons. I feel like that is exactly how people view it, "Oh how miraculous! You had 4 babies at once! bravo to you for choosing to let them all live instead of being selective! You are a strong woman!" Then they look at a mom to singletons and say, "Seriously. Haven't you tied your tubes yet?"

Why are our children any less miraculous born one at a time than 4 at once? I am guilty of the opposite, I see the miracle in that we were able to get pregnant and give birth. I see a mom who had 4, 5, 6 , 7, or 8 all in one pregnancy and think science project!!!

I'm out of sorts this morning. Feels like I danced with a mack truck UGH

July 1st, 2013, 06:00 AM
I liked that for the first two paragraphs, not the feeling like you danced with a mack truck.

This is my officially due month, but I am "due" July 30th, so we all know I will still be pregnant August 1st.....and then some.
\
Babymakes8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
July 1st, 2013, 07:28 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol That's OK UM, I get it!!

The mack truck feeling isn't bad, either though! It just means I really worked myself on Saturday lol

I'm trying to get some projects finished up around here. Hubby wants my "stuff" out of his garage I'm making some things to change up the decor around here. Going with a bee theme for my living room, I think. Since I have my pics, etc framed in black, some bright yellow should help do away with the gloomy feel in my living room. I am going to go fabric shopping this week for some cheery yellow fabric to sew into curtains and make some honey bee themed tiebacks for them.
mom2many2010 likes this.

July 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
I have an August baby. I think she was due in August though.

I am going to get a table and chairs to add to my train. I want to take the girls who are going with me to Cfa. But we are broke. Decisions, decisions.
July 1st, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Um, I don't know how you can be so 'calm' about going late.....Not me

BM8, for years my kitchen had a bee theme. We were broke and I did a really cute back splash for my counters with yellow paint, a sponge, some white and a permanent marker. then I did a border around the other part of the kitchen. When I recently redid the kitchen everyone was sad to see it go. My bee's were adorable lol

FW good luck with whatever choice you go with.

I'm tired and have so much to get done, and not motivation. I'll get it done, but boy and I dragging.
July 1st, 2013, 09:12 AM
checkin in before the carpet machine starts up -- I have a LOT to clean, what with wyatts e[pisode and then my dog unsupervised the week I was in hospital. its too hot to do it all at once but at least I can do a little at a time. it will all get done this week tho....or I will call professionals!

~~terre~~
July 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Zay is an August baby. The 12th. M2M, I am calm, because I have no choice, LOL, and I have gotten used to it. They have all been late except for Zay who was 8 days early.

Went back to school shopping today. The kids won't be in uniforms anymore since their school closed and now they will be at a new school. 9 pairs of jeans and 8 shirts, $65. not bad.
MIL2lissy8 and Farmers-wife like this.
#12 is on the way
July 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
If you have the cash, call the professionals!

Got a newtome table and four chairs to add in to the dining hall. I can seat 14 strait away, or turn them all diagonal sideways a little and seat 18 with no trouble! We are at the chick fil a. The girls each had a free kids meal coupon from vbs. so my lunch was $6.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
FW - that sounds like a great morning!!! speaking of dining room tables, I am considering painting my informal set a barn red. opinions? would I have to strip it first or just spray primer on it? either way, I am going to coat the top in polyurethane I think so it doesn't get ruined....its old tho so it really doesn't matter I guess.

oh p.s.: I did the whole enchilada today and I am exhausted. going to bed now....

~~terre~~
July 1st, 2013, 05:16 PM
what color is it now? The easy way would be spray prime it, then paint it red and use the spray paint clear coat. That's how I did my desk and it turned out great!
Farmers-wife likes this.
#12 is on the way

« School | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search