I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2090Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I was gonna say the same as UM. I have an old kitchen table that belonged to my grandma, it's laminate and semi-cheap but it was my grandmas so I have held onto it. I primed it and then painted my bee theme on it. For the last 4-5 years it has sat outside. It's warping because of the weather but the paint has held on, a little worn but considering where it's been sitting it looks darn good.

Today has been unbelievably hot, and our nights are not cooling down which means my house is pretty **** warm even with an air conditioner running full blast. Well Sam borrowed one of mine when she moved out a few months ago, then when she moved she didn't think to grab it. Yesterday she went and got it, asked if I wanted it back cause her bedroom was super hot and they couldn't sleep. They have one in the living room but it doesn't reach as far back as their room. I told her go ahead even though I would really like it back. They're getting a new one friday when they get paid so I am getting it back eventually.

Anywho, today her and her boyfriend bring the hubby's truck back. It doesn't have air conditioning so she comes running in the door thinking my house is going to be cool and it's better then outside but not really cool. she looks at me and goes "is this what I have made you live in by borrowing the air conditioner?" I say it's not that bad cause I don't want her to feel bad. She tells me "You've been a good mom and here I am making you live in hell!"

As I'm sitting here typing this I get a text "We're getting an ac NOW and bringing yours back!!!!!!!"

Good mommy said not to cut themselves short cash wise, we can wait till Friday when they get paid......let's see what my child does. lol
July 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't understand moving air conditioners around. What does this mean?

I am working on a pos dresser. It has all this crap pulling off the sides that I guess is warped or water damaged fake wood or something? Is there a way to fix that? Just paint over it and ignore it? Toss the whole thing and find something else? I am painting the frame gray and the drawer fronts white.
July 1st, 2013, 07:43 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We have window air conditioners. Sam has one of mine which has left my house a little on the hot side.

It's probably laminate that is coming off. If that's what it is I'd chuck it, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my table is like a dark walnut color....chairs too. ooops bachelorette is on...gotta go. time for my guilty pleasure.

~~terre~~
July 1st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Awe they brought mine back and bought me a new one. Sam warned me not to say no cause it would hurt her boyfriends feelings but I was thinking it was food of some sort lol

I'll put the kitchen one in tomorrow
Farmers-wife likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
m2m you got good kids!

FW, I'd probably chuck it and see what you could find elsewhere that's reasonable.

I've been searching for a new dresser (I need at least 2 more for all of my kids) and missed out on one for $20 last week!! I was not happy! But, I did find a hutch for my dining room that I can use for dishes to give me more cabinet space in my kitchen, so I am happy about that. Found another child's hutch for $40 that I think I can clean up, repaint, etc and either re-sell or set up in the girls' room for my oldest. We'll see how that goes.

July 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Nothing is more reasonable than free already in my house. I am going to cut away the warped parts and paint it gray.

Waiting for the boys to finish the dishes so I can do math with them. It seems to take forever.
July 2nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
FW, probably laminate coming off, I agree find something else.

M2M...nice kids!!

Isaac moved out. Aaron is taking his room downstairs and Elijaah is moving down there into Aarons room.
#12 is on the way
July 2nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
UM, that was fast!!!

for the first time ever, I ordered some clothes out of a catalog last night. I so hope they fit.

what sounds good for dinner tonight, keeping in mind the hot weather?

~~terre~~
July 2nd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There, read back a bit, and am all caught up.

We're having a canadian hot day.....89F, but unlike a lot of you, this is a one day occasion.

We're going on a road trip in a few weeks, and I can't seem to make up my mind about where and what. I had thought of going to Yellowstone and then going over to the Oregon coast, but now I'm thinking we might want to drive to the coast and see where it takes us. I told dh that if we can't make up our minds we're just going to head south until we don't feel like driving anymore. I'm trying to balance the things we get to see vs the amount of driving.
July 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
There are some AMAZING views along the Washington/Oregon coast's.

MIL I wished I could help. I grilled last night but we have been eating sandwiches and crap cause it's just been to hot to cook.

UM you just said you couldn't wait for it to happen and then it does good luck to him, and enjoy the little extra space it will make in the house.

Haha about my kids, it wasn't even my kid, her boyfriend bought and paid for it. He was so proud of himself. He's also loving all the money his new job as afforded him

Let's see how 'little' I can do today
#5in2005 likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Headache again. ughhhhh
#12 is on the way
July 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
For hot days we like to use the crock pot. Get a pork butt, through it in, add water, salt pepper garlic, cook it. Pull it out later, shred it with a fork, add BBQ sauce. Mmmmmm

My pos dresser is looking better. Grey box with white drawer fronts. I have new pulls to put on. Hopefully done by Friday. It isn't perfect, but it will do. It is for the baby. She won't care.
mom2many2010 likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
it will be unique and one of a kind FW.

I tend to use the crock pot a lot in the winter, but I should look up some summer time recipes.

Feel better UM

I think we're having taco salad today.
mom2many2010 likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
FW - I made that last week!! today is a beef roast in the crock pot - a last minute decision. it smells good right now, used lipton onion soup mix with white wine in the crock.

so hungry right now!!!! was going to meet a friend but it would appear that is not gonna happen right now after all so lunch at home it is.

got my nails done this morning, all pretty for the 4th of july. tomorrow I get a hair cut and then I should feel pretty good. this bruise is so huge that there is no hiding
it now but who cares, right?

I foresee a drive to the beach maybe later this week. sounds quite nice to me!!!
~mommy~ and mom2many2010 like this.

~~terre~~
July 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad your pampering yourself a little, Terre!!

Nothing beats a real wood dresser, FW! Search garage sales for some cheap ones. That is what we are doing right now. We have the laminate stuff and it's proving to be a waste of money.

So, my mom text me this a.m. asking if they could bring me cucumbers and cabbage. I said no, I don't like cucumbers or cabbage, it will just rot...but that I did miss her. She said she missed me too. It didn't feel very sincere and she didn't say another word. Baby steps I guess.
My dad called and left a vm wanting us to celebrate the 4th with him. I wish he would jump on the texting bandwagon!

Is repti ever coming back?!
July 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
where did she go?

~~terre~~
July 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Haven't seen her here of FB.

I have no clue what we are having for dinner. I don't feel like cooking much lately, and I thought the middles would be gone with their dad. DH, Zay and Marquay were going to rehearsal, so it was supposed to be just me, Kya and Canaan. Now, only Zari went with her dad so I have to figure out something last minute.
#12 is on the way
July 2nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Glad your happy with the dresser FW..

Very kind of your kids to bring the A/C M2M !

The Oregon coast is beautiful! the beaches are great but the water is very cold! Theres some neat things to see and places to visit. You could also go to this little town called Tillamook ( not far if I remember right ) and go through the cheese factory thing and taste all kinds of really good cheese.

DD1 is not feeling well today and Im hoping no one else comes down with it cus Im close to baby time! DS4 needs a haircut and Im thinking will do a walk in while out baby shopping tomorrow.

Hope the headache goes away quickly UM. I sometimes get a headache that somehow spreads to my hair scalp ( dont ask me how ) but it hurts really bad to even touch the top of my head when I get those ones...nothing helps but time.
July 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tillamook was already suggested to us...I just want to go because I like saying it.

We've made up our minds (for now), we're going to do 2 long days of driving to Northern California, and then work our way up.

No wonder those of you with a heat wave are sick of it, with the humidity index it apparently is like 104F here. But it's just for a day for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search