I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2072Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tillamook is going to be a must-see for me the next time I drive up that way....thought it might be this summer but now, with hospital and ambulance bills aplenty, I doubt much will be going on for me/us.

remember the wedding that I am the MOH in? we still don't have $ for tickets so I guess this is THE week where she decides to get someone to fill my shoes or money falls from the sky in my direction....I am ok either way. she is disappointed but I also know she has no concept of having 'no money'...she has always been in the upper bracket as far as lifestyle and money.

~~terre~~
July 3rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL I hope money falls from the sky for you...f it does, send it my way

Not much here. Today is Coles 12th birthday, in a year I'll start the teens years all over again. As long as he is not like Sam (not that she was a bad person) I can handle it lol

Got to get stuff ready for tomorrow. It's the 4th and that means party time here. Kinda sad that I won't have all of the kids together though. Sam and Lupan both tried but couldn't swing it.
July 3rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope the money shows up somehow for you!

Happy Birthday to your 12 year old.

My mom is taking my sister and I to Les Miserables today.
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The play or the movie? Love that musical.

My newtome dresser is almost done. Put the drawer pulls on and painted the interior of the bottom slot to make a shoe shelf. The last drawer got broken up a whle ago. It looks good!
July 3rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You guys remember the issue's I have had with my neighbors right?

Well they got a dog a couple of months ago, and at first if I saw the dog (it's little, not sure what it is though) and my dog outside I'd go and get him cause I was unsure of how he would react, but they are kinda friends so I don't really react anymore.

Last week the dog came up to the house, she joked about buying an obedience book but the dog not following the rules. Then said she doesn't mind when my dog and her dog play, it was just that she had somewhere to go. I don't want the dog all the way up here though cause Mo isn't the friendliest and Layla I don't think would do anything except maybe in her hyperness.

Today though it was their goat, April, Spy seemed fine but I had him on a leash because the other neighbors were out walking and Spy was barking at them. No aggression, just barking. It took me 45 minutes to convince April to go home. We used food and a leash, which she wasn't fond of the leash and she was being very stubborn. They weren't home, so I put her in her pen, but I'm gonna leave a note letting them know that she keeps coming up here.

I'm irritated cause they don't seem to offer us the same hospitality as I do them, and yet I'm not gonna take that out on their animals.

One funny though, when Layla saw the goat she cowered, she clearly remembers the goat head butting her many, many times lol
July 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Around here, we are nicer to each others animals than each other. Today we had a dead baby dear in our yard. It was tiny. Too little, I think to have been born and survive. Plus I don't think our dogs would challenge an adult deer. I could be wrong, I hope I'm not.

Now I am trying to figure out a way to put another set of bunk beds in the boys 10x11 room. Dh doesn't think it's possible.
July 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have two sets of bunkbeds in the boys room. Not sure if it is bigger than 10x11, but if it is not by much!
#12 is on the way
July 3rd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Thats so sad about the deer!
July 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
I have two, I wanted to put 3. It didn't work. The realtor just left. She thinks we should list the house for $190k! Hahaha. Guess I shouldn't get too worked up about moving.
July 3rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Just put the boys on the floor FW, beds are overrate
July 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
M2M--that is so nice of the kids and bf to bring you the a/c, I hope it makes you more comfortable!

And FW very cool about the dresser, I am glad it turned out well!

UM--I remember you saying you were ready for one to move out, so congratulations! And sorry about the headache.

MIL, can't help with dinner ideas, I'm tapped out. My ILs are in town for my oldest's 5th birthday and they are taking the 2 big kids out to dinner tonight and DH has class so it's just me and the baby and all she really wants is a hot dog and apple sauce so, eh, that's what she'll have. I've kind of lost my appetite, which typically happens for me in the summer, especially when I'm pregnant.

I picked up some surprise decorations, a bouquet of sunflowers and a cake for Matilda's birthday today. She'll be so excited! I'm still pretty bummed about not making her cake myself, it's something special I really enjoy doing for them and have never skipped a year but with the bedrest DH convinced me to go ahead and order an ice cream cake for her. SHE will love it. It even has glittery sprinkles. So, I shouldn't be too sad since I'm probably the only one who wishes it were different!

Other than that, not much interesting going on here. Hanging out at home, holding the couch down, per Dr's orders. Weather has been mercifully mild, I've made good progress on belly baby's blanket and have very little to do to get ready for baby's arrival. Like I said before, the ILs have been visiting since Monday, they'll leave after the birthday party tomorrow, my dad and his wife are coming to town tomorrow for the party and staying for most of the weekend. Next week BIL and SIL and their baby are coming to visit, the week after that DH gets a root canal (it just keeps getting more exciting, right? lol) then takes his mid terms, then we have some friends coming to visit the weekend of the 25th and I'll hit 37 weeks on the 29th so we will have absolutely nothing planned after that day except waiting for baby to arrive. I am looking forward to being done with appointments and social engagements, I am not feeling my friendliest right now.

M2M--that is so nice of the kids and bf to bring you the a/c, I hope it makes you more comfortable!

And FW very cool about the dresser, I am glad it turned out well!

UM--I remember you saying you were ready for one to move out, so congratulations! And sorry about the headache.

MIL, can't help with dinner ideas, I'm tapped out. My ILs are in town for my oldest's 5th birthday and they are taking the 2 big kids out to dinner tonight and DH has class so it's just me and the baby and all she really wants is a hot dog and apple sauce so, eh, that's what she'll have. I've kind of lost my appetite, which typically happens for me in the summer, especially when I'm pregnant.

I picked up some surprise decorations, a bouquet of sunflowers and a cake for Matilda's birthday today. She'll be so excited! I'm still pretty bummed about not making her cake myself, it's something special I really enjoy doing for them and have never skipped a year but with the bedrest DH convinced me to go ahead and order an ice cream cake for her. SHE will love it. It even has glittery sprinkles. So, I shouldn't be too sad since I'm probably the only one who wishes it were different!

Other than that, not much interesting going on here. Hanging out at home, holding the couch down, per Dr's orders. Weather has been mercifully mild, I've made good progress on belly baby's blanket and have very little to do to get ready for baby's arrival. Like I said before, the ILs have been visiting since Monday, they'll leave after the birthday party tomorrow, my dad and his wife are coming to town tomorrow for the party and staying for most of the weekend. Next week BIL and SIL and their baby are coming to visit, the week after that DH gets a root canal (it just keeps getting more exciting, right? lol) then takes his mid terms, then we have some friends coming to visit the weekend of the 25th and I'll hit 37 weeks on the 29th so we will have absolutely nothing planned after that day except waiting for baby to arrive. I am looking forward to being done with appointments and social engagements, I am not feeling my friendliest right now.

Mom to four beautiful girls

July 3rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
posted privately....

~~terre~~
July 4th, 2013, 06:09 AM
The baby deer's head was back today. Pretty sure that was my dogs fault.

Getting on the road to visit the inlaws. Trying real hard to leave the snark at home, but its not looking good. I got into a snark feud with her on fb messages. She was lamenting about the cousins being disappointed with this big crying emoticon. I snapped back "if they wanted to see him they could have when they were here in town last week. I don't think they will be that upset." Haven't heard from her since. I sent the whole thing to my BFF. She said she is surprised we are still going. I told my do about it and warned him it could be a frosty forth of July!
July 4th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Ahhh yeah, no way would another set of bunkbeds fit in my boys room either. We have a fold away bed that goes in there when dh's son comes over, that fits, but then no one can move.

I have had a headache everyday since the kids got out of school. They never leave me alone. Up at 6:30-7am, and not all in the bed until 8-9 pm. I'm exhausted.
#12 is on the way
July 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This stage of pregnancy is SO not fun anymore UM.

Good Luck FW.

Happy 4th of July south-of-the-border people.

It was the musical I went to, and it was great.
UrbanMomma and Farmers-wife like this.
July 4th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Smile and nod FW, and maybe get some earplugs.

UM, I know the feeling, I wake up looking forwar to the kids bedtimes lol

Well we're waiting for the parade to start, we got here early and staked our claim early but I've got a headache
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 4th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hydrate!!

So I haven't accomplished a whole lot today, but I did book our campsites. Made a phone call asking if they were set on charging me $7 extra per night for 2 children over and above their rate, and they lady said she was from Utah, so she understood big families. And no, I don't have to pay extra.

Finding a place to camp on a saturday only a few weeks from now proved to be tricky, lots of place were booked up and since koa told my I exceeded my amount of people, I accidentaly miscounted children.

I have an upright freezer and one of my children didn't close the door properly so it was open all night. Everything is soft. ARG!!
July 4th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Turns out, it looks like I am the bad guy. My sil was quick to start conversation. It is always about homeschooling, kid raising, whatever. Fine, I talked. I said some things to be shocking and off putting. I said penis. Someone said umm that is a bad word. I said penisis not a bad word! And neither is vagina. I crack myself up.
July 5th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Uh oh all the stuff I am finding out is bad. Penis and vagina, ohh and apparently letting your baby go outside in just a onsie (per DDC). I am a horrible, awful mother.
Jenilope and HalfDozen like this.
#12 is on the way
July 5th, 2013, 06:09 AM
All my spring summer fall babies only wore onesies. And they each had a penis or vagina.
Jenilope, MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search