I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2354Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What does she want him to do? He probably feels badly enough on his own. He can't make the ex take better care of the girls. That ship sailed and now your daughter has him. She just has to deal. It can be contained pretty easily but it is a pita.
July 9th, 2013, 06:14 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
That sucks. Sounds like your dd is the girls only hope for getting rid of the lice though.

It's Ee-vahn-ee or maybe more understandable like FW posted it....Ee-vonn-ee.

Anyone like Talaya? Variant of Taliyah, which is Hebrew for morning dew from heaven. Can't use Taliyah because it rhymes with Laliyaah. But I like Talaya.
#12 is on the way
July 9th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL, if your DD's DH won't step up then the only thing she can do is what she is doing. It's a shame that he won't though, and it's a shame that he thinks it's okay for his children to be raised that way.

UM, I really liked your first choice, I like Taliyah, better then Talaya, and would have no problem using it along side Laliyaah. Can I throw a name out there? My husbands family has a name that is used often, one I've always liked, but just about every other girl born has the name. Not common so much here in the states but pretty common in his family. It doesn't come from the bible, although it was one of the first flowers to be used in different churches...lol. It's original spelling is Dahlia, but I've seen it spelled Daahlya. You can hate it, my feelings won't be hurt.
July 9th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Its pretty, I have seen it before. I don't know if I love it though. Just like I am not sure I love Evaani or Talaya. Blah.
mom2many2010 likes this.
#12 is on the way
July 9th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I knew a dahlia here. She was so cool. She went by dee because people had trouble saying dahlia, but I called her dahlia. She said she liked it that I did. She was really cool. Tough, no nonsense. Had a little girl, but I don't remember her name. Byway, I like it. How about talitha? Ta-lee-tha? It means little girl. You could spell it taalitha, but then people would pronounce it tall itha.
mom2many2010 likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I didn't really have a name for Kailyn until after she was born. I liked it, but wasn't in love with it, it was also very different then my normal cadence I tended to follow.

It came from one of my favorite shows and Lupan actually suggested it. I let Megan kinda decide, she went with that, then added Morgan......kinda like her name lol. I like it now, it fits her, but most of the time we call her K-K. The only thing that kinda get's on my nerves is that people want to call her Caitlynn. They have a hard time getting rid of the 'T' in the middle.
July 9th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I am not a fan of the "tha" in Talitha, and it sounds like Taneesha which is the middles kids dads girlfriend.

Naathaniel didn't have a name until after he was born either, and I still don't love it. I compromised with Marquay too, I wanted Marcus and dh didn't like it.

I am rethinking the whole name now. I think I may even like Avaani over Evaani.
#12 is on the way
July 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Evaani

Laptop is back. Kids are still all gone. Running out of excuses not to do my books.
July 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
#5 glad your laptop is back!

UM I hate that name uncertainty, I have it worse with each subsequent kid. My first, I knew her name within 2 weeks of the BFP without a doubt. 2nd took longer and I still went into the delivery room with 2 names in my head. 3rd didn't even narrow it down to 3 until a week before delivery! This time, I'm pretty sure what her name will be, but I'm not going to bother to commit until I see her. Happily, I don't regret any of our name choices yet, but I do wish Evelyn weren't so popular, I didn't see that coming.

MIL--that's sad and annoying about the lice. I agree your dd is probably that girls' best hope for getting rid of it, although she'll likely get it again once she gets home.

July 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
~~~~ although she'll likely get it again once she gets home~~~

and that is the whole issue. there are 6 kids to worry about at my daughters house (including the two sisters that keep bringing it back) and two adult women with very long hair living in that house as well as my son who has longer hair. and her husband has very short hair so its no issue for him. he does no part of the clean up, the laundry the hair combing to get the nits out. it is hours and hours worth of effort for days on end, every time it happens. I know you all know this already. my daughter is just so overwhelmed with what she has to do already for those girls. her DH wont fight for full custody right now because ....well they are not financially set yet and frankly I don't think he wanats that responsibility. we (DH and i) have bought beds and furniture for the girls room, clothes for them and shoes because they come over looking like orphans. they have emotional issues that are ignored; the 4.5 year old still pottys in her chonies out of defiance because she wants attention. they act out and lie a lot; they hit the twins and do other stuff. i could go on and on. my daughter tries to give them love, attention and discipline but really she is not equipped to mother so many kids. she has only been in the mother capacity for two years, since her daughter was born. its hard to stand by and watch when I disagree with her, but she has to learn to deal with parenting her kids. ugh, I just wish the other mother would act like a parent even 10% of the time. she is a loser and should not have those girls at all. no one has the courage to fight for them. I am ready to call CPS myself and make a report. CPS has been notified before and they chose to give the girls back to the mother even though the boyfriend had been touching the girls. like I say, I could go on and on.

~~terre~~
July 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
please go to private page to see picture....

~~terre~~
July 9th, 2013, 05:19 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mil I feel so bad for your dd and the girls. I couldn't imagine sending my dc to a house full of people with lice, with no warning and then not fumigating my home for it. Good luck to them.
Um I like evaani. hope you can find a cheap fix for your car, quickly. I think it's terrible that your dh claims a separation in the dc. You are married, they are ALL your dc together, but, then you already know that.
5in5 hope you were able to get your bookkeeping done.
Whomever had the tire fall off. How terrifying. I'm so glad everyone is ok.

We just got back from camping. We drive a couple of hours away to a lovely campground and camp for a few days then we continue on to a hotel for a night then on to an amusement park for the day. Usually we drive home right after, but this year we stayed over another night. Thankfully the weather cooperated. Dh had to leave yesterday for business and isn't expected home until Saturday.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^^^sounds fun!!!

p.s. I just tried to load the picture of the cake. somebody try it....

p.s. I just tried to load the picture of the cake. somebody try it....

~~terre~~
July 10th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Gee another day of them being up at the booty crack of dawn. This is so much fun, and they don't want to go to sleep at night either. My 14 yo stays up lurking through the house.

Stepson is still here.

None of my middle kids want to go with their dad anymore on every other weekend. They say there is nothing to do over there, he sleeps all the time, they have no food, and their dads girlfriend makes them all go to her weird church.
#12 is on the way
July 10th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Mine always get up before the crack of dawn. It's been going on so long that I can't sleep past 7 am. I also can't blame your middles for not wanting to go, that does not sound like fun.

Nothing new here. Lupan came and took the littles to the river so they all slept good last night.

I had to chase the neighbors dog home yesterday again. He broke off his tie up. Usually when they try to catch him he runs all over the place, yesterday there was a random cowboy hat in the field ( I thought it was theirs) and I used that to shoo him home, the hat wasn't theirs so we hung it on a pole to use in the future with him. lol The little **** did try to bite me though, I was petting him and then he got mad at me about something...I smacked his nose and told him no. The mom complimented my handwriting (it is nice if I do say so). Seems now that the shoe is on the other foot, they are being nicer....even nicer when my dog was down there chasing their boys who were on a lawn mower. My dog thinks that's the best thing in the world, which makes sense since he also likes to chase cars.

Sorry that was longer then intended lol
July 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I don't blame them for not wanting to go either. Their dad actually asked if I could send groceries with them. Ummmmmm...

So dog chasing and not goat herding huh. Fun.
#12 is on the way
July 10th, 2013, 07:44 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
um- I've taken to leaving my teen on night watch. she wants to stay up all night and sleep most of the day, so I told her, ok u chase the littles to bed. I go to bed and am up with them in the am. She comes and gets me if need be (read diaper change ) For the summer anyway, it's working quite well.
July 10th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, she said she won't let the goat out with them home again, she understood. she just felt bad for the goat since we have been so hot. The goat, April, is really sweet, as a general rule I wouldn't care if she came up here, but Layla (my dog) is TERRIFIED of her lol. I hope you laughed when he asked you to send groceries. A box of ramen isn't that expensive.....

Mommy, I used to do the same thing with the older kids. They never seemed to mind.
July 10th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like both Evaani and Talaya. What about Natalya? My friend's dd is named this. They call her Taly which I think is adorable. She also has Nalayni nn Layni.
Some to think over using the double 'a' spelling...
Aamity
Ariaadne
Evaadne
Kaateri
Keturaah
Keziaah
Khaalesi
Naaomi
Valaancy
Vaalencia
Vaalentina
Waaverly

Sore, Tired and Babysitting today...it's going to be a long one!
July 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I love keturah and Keziah! Out all the aa you want. If I didn't have a Katherine, I would have a Keziah. How about kaaris? Karis is grace in Greek.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search