I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2431Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Well, the 18 yo moved out, the 16yo is hardly ever home (hanging out with his big bro) and the 14 yo, well, he is just not the best kid watcher ever. My 10 yo dd is better.

However, the problem isn't the littles going to bed. I can get them all to sleep by 8:30. It is that the 7yo, 10yo, 12yo and my 14yo want to stay up, and they raid the fridge. Its so humid and hot right now and their rooms don't have a/c so I try to let them crash in the family room that has a/c, but then they are all together so they don't go to sleep. It's a vicious cycle. LOL I caught the 14yo up at 3am!!!!!!!!

I told the kids dad I do not have the resources to send groceries to his house on his weekends. Then he actually wanted to know how much I get on our food card. I didn't tell him, it's not enough to last a whole month here, so I am not supplying him too. He only has them FOUR days a month. He feeds them so many hotdogs I can't get them to eat a hotdog here to save their lives.

Our last name is Cook, the hard c and k sounds together are a lot. I almost didn't name Canaan that because of it. But I LOVE Canaan!!!!

Dentist appointment for the 14yo. At least it's air conditioned.

Stepson is going home.
#12 is on the way
July 10th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A vicious cycle indeed.

I like the name Karis too, but I like the way Evaani sounds with your last name.

I'm ready to have some kids home, and haven't really seen dh a whole lot lately either. 3 days of quietness is more than enough.
July 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so I braved it and took wyatt to the beach today. it was wonderful!!!!!! I can't remember the last time I was at the beach in a swim suit and just sitting there enjoying the sounds and the coolness. he had a blast with my friends kids -- he learned how to boogie board and was quite pleased about that. I can't wait to go again soon...maybe just by myself.
Jenilope likes this.

~~terre~~
July 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I'd go crazy at the beach alone.

Time to sign the 16 yo back up for regular school next year, right after his doc appt. I am not sure how I ended up with all these appointments in the "last" three weeks of my pregnancy.
#12 is on the way
July 11th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I miss the beaches! I lived at them as a kid.

UM the ex has a lot of nerve lol I also like Karis, but to be honest it reminds me of Catnis from the Hunger Games....which I happen to like also lol
July 11th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karis is a very old Greek word. Catnis was just made up. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Making focaccia bread and fresh cherry cobbler for my friend with baby journey. I let the girls go to the springs alone today. I am a nervous wreck. I am shouting at everyone still here. Four teen girls alone at a wild state park with running rivers and redneck hicks. What could go wrong. #1's boyfriend might be going. He isn't tough, but at least him being there is another driver, another phone, an adult, maybe a gun.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have seen it spelled 'caris' also....so you could do caaris....

sarah got the picture posted in the private board.

~~terre~~
July 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Katniss isn't made up. It's a plant name. That was the name theme for Katniss and Primrose. (I'm such a name nerd.)

My computer literally started smoking in my lap yesterday. I had to message everyone that I'm not sure when they'll get their pictures now because of it. I feel like such a failure now.
July 11th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I didn't know that about katniss. I will have to look it up.

Sorry about the computer. That is harsh. You are not a failure. Your computer broke. It happens.
July 11th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cortney, haha had I thought Katniss through I would have known that one, but nope I never put two and two together lol

Nothing you could do about the computer. Sometimes they have a mind of their own. Sorry though
July 12th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
computers can be evil

Hi girls, just popping in. Threw in a post in the private group if you're looking for a juicy update!

Lucky mother to five!

July 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Going to read your update Marie. Awesome pic of your kids.

UGH, computers!

How was your girl's day at the springs FW?

It's the highlight of dh's/the kids' year, its rodeo weekend in town. They participate in all sorts of stuff, and it is fun. I pick up #3 and #4 from camp today, can't wait to see them. So I'll have the rodeo, camp laundry, and leaving for 16 days early monday morning.
July 12th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Love the pic of the kids.

Computers suck. The kids broke the laptop. Guess it is a good thing we have two more computers.
#12 is on the way
July 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Turns out it was closed due to flooding, so they went to the pool.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 12th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww bummer FW.

~~terre~~
July 12th, 2013, 01:23 PM
I'm hot, I want to go swimming.
#12 is on the way
July 12th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
me too! I pray our next place will have a pool -- joel wants one so very much.

~~terre~~
July 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Swimming does sound very relaxing! Im so done with being pregnant. I think UM and I are about the same weeks preggo but this pelvis pain and back pain is too much!! very soon though My csection is scheduled for the 22nd but I KNOW this baby is not going to wait till then!!

just came back having US and she transverse but any signs of labor and doc will just go ahead with the section. Lets pray its by next weekend at the latest.

Kids are having fun and enjoying their summer. they have been berry picking and to a rodeo (Their first one and DH ) and lots of water games.

Nothing really new to add I guess.
July 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Home from cow day. So tired. I had a fight between 4&5, which is really 4 beating up 5, so I made 4 stay home. Bless his ever loving heart, 5 saved some of his lunch for 4.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
July 12th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Enjoy it FW!

I had the biggest scare today! The kids and I were headed into town, main highway, going 65 (the speed limit). I am a neurotic road watcher, and thank goodness I am. I noticed a semi-truck (cross traffic wise), and noticed it didn't look like it was slowing down, but surely it was going to stop for the stop sign? Yeah, no he blew right through it. I hit my brakes hard, and had 2 feet between me and his back side. I could literally see the face of the guy going the opposite direction and it had that "OH ****!" look to it. I don't know what was up cause about 1/4 of a mile up he pulls over and let's me and the car's that almost hit me from behind go around him and then took off. I think he was afraid we were going to get his plate number...which was impossible cause it was to dirty. I tried lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search