I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2316Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is scary! I'm glad you were being observant!
I had a truck pull right out in front of me when I was going 60 down the highway once. There was nothing I could do but lock up the brakes and pray. My tires were screaming! That guy also pulled over and let me go around afterwards. I just figured it was cause he **** his pants! Lol
July 12th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow - thank the good Lord you were safe. that had to make you a bit nervous.

~~terre~~
July 13th, 2013, 06:06 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad you were paying attention and weren't hurt!

Yesterday I had a mw appt. It was a different mw this time, not the other lady I have seen every time I have gone. This new mw told me I have an old, tired, uterus. She told dh (who is nervous about birth anyway) that redheads bleed a lot (stereotype) and asked me if I have ever needed a transfusion (NO). She told us my uterus is stretched out.

She also asked me if I vaccinate and homeschool. Ummmm this is your business why?

I didn't like her at all.

Going to my moms today, I can't take another day watching dh cut hair. Booooooring.
#12 is on the way
July 13th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cortney, I had to pee so bad I was surprised I didn't piss myself. I really am!

UM, that MW sounds like a bit of a quack. Don't think I'd like her either.
July 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have an awesome uterus. Red heads bleed? Maybe old tired English or European royalty. Weirdo. She is just jealous of your uterus.
July 13th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I am so bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
So, so bored! lol
July 13th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
today DH and went to the beach again!! although I did have a bit of a sunscreen fail on my upper back, all in all I don't look too bad. I will say however that my feet are swollen quite a bit. not sure what that's about but they aren't red or anything. we sat there for like 4 hours and read books, took individual potty breaks so we did not leave our stuff unattended (there were 1000's of people!!) and had a picnic lunch. I decided that I need to do this once a week for my sanity. I think I will reserve it for during the work week though -- crowds will be less.

did I tell you that I love the beach??!!
UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.

~~terre~~
July 14th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Beaches are awesome! I agree about the weekends though...they can be a mad house!

Today is mine and the hubby's 23rd anniversary. He remembered and even bought me flowers. I didn't remember till last night lol Oh well I made him a big breakfast
#5in2005, ~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
July 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Happy Anniversary!!
mom2many2010 likes this.
#12 is on the way
July 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Happy anniversary, M2M!

Amira, prayers for a safe (and soon!) delivery for you. I'm having the back and pelvis pain, too, I know where you're coming from and I only have 3 kids to take care of right now!

UM I also would not like that MW. Someone needs to introduce her to science. Sorry she said such silly and discouraging things infront of your nervous hubby.

Beach sounds nice! Hubby and I went for a swim yesterday while the kids were having quiet time. I usually only swim with the kids and it was SO relaxing to just float around with no one to take care of and felt so good to get the weight off my hips for a while, I could actually move my leg without feeling like I was being electrocuted! It was awesome. But I also got sun burnt, so my big hope for today is to clean the kitchen and then go sit in my recliner watching trashy tv and letting the AC unit blow on my lobster legs!

We had more visitors this weekend--DH's brother, SIL and baby. It was nice to see them, but seriously NO ONE did a single dish. Everything is a mess. I am the only one who cleaned anything. And it's all a mess again today. Even the little stuff--like someone used the last of the tp in the bathroom. They pulled the basket out from under the sink to get a new roll, put the new roll on top of the toilet, the 2 extra rolls on top of the sink and didn't even push the basket back under the sink. I mean, it took me a single minute to fix all of that but the principle of the thing just got me all pissed off. I'm ready for a day off. I forgot that DH invited MORE friends to come visit next weekend and has midterms the weekend after that. I'm so over July. I'll completely exhausted.
UrbanMomma and mom2many2010 like this.

July 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a nutty MW. How stereotypical to assume you don't vaccinate and homeschool just because you have a large family!

I'm glad you guys are OK - I would have a had a heart attack! Most truck drivers are very careful because their jobs really are on the line if they have a screw up, but unfortunately, not all of them are.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, with the new baby and we just started school, I'm having a hard time with a new routine. I forget to have lunch until the middle of the afternoons most days and dh really gets onto me about it....

Private post.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
July 14th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey ladies just popped into say hi.

I am in the midst of a deep house cleaning. It's yard sale season so I figured it's a good time to unload a bunch of our crap.

We won't talk about the loads of crap I've hauled in from OTHER yard sales...
sarahlorrain likes this.

July 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I decided this afternoon would be a good time to clean all the weeds growing through our back fence and then cut the back grass. When I came back in dh thought it was raining outside because I was soaked in sweat. LOL

I baked a rhubarb pie. I can't wait to have a piece. Yum!!
Jenilope likes this.
#12 is on the way
July 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Even the little stuff--like someone used the last of the tp in the bathroom. They pulled the basket out from under the sink to get a new roll, put the new roll on top of the toilet, the 2 extra rolls on top of the sink and didn't even push the basket back under the sink. I mean, it took me a single minute to fix all of that but the principle of the thing just got me all pissed off.

that totally annoys the crap out of me, too!!!!!
Jenilope likes this.

~~terre~~
July 14th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are leaving early tomorrow morning. Dh's and my personality differences are showing big time. I am organized and plan ahead, and he.... well never us mind right now. We're driving 12 hours tomorrow and 8 the next.

So hopefully soon I'll be raving about how much I love the beach too!
MIL2lissy8 and mom2many2010 like this.
July 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have a great, fun, safe trip!

I think I am having a mid life crisis. I am not happy, want to run away, etc. any suggestions?
July 14th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Jenilope, I think we all sympathize with your last paragraph lol

BM8, when you're done wanna come do my place?

UM....stop doing so much!

#5, deep breaths and enjoy your trip!

FW, a long hot bath, some candles, music and an adult beverage of your choice? Honestly when I get like that I clean, not sure why but it works....and the house looks good lol

Megan is the proud new parent of a 6-7 day old field mouse that she rescued from the irrigation canal. So she will be getting up every hour to an hour and half, feeding it, rubbing it's belly and helping it poop. Told her she couldn't go to school tomorrow if she didn't have a plan cause I was NOT watching it. I did make it some oat milk though since I have no formula around. I guess her boyfriend will take it while she is in school. I have no clue how their shared parenting is going to work.

Had a nice anni, we didn't do anything but it was still a good day. In 2 years it will be 25 years. I figure we should at least do something for that one.
July 14th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Anniversary, M2M!!
Ew on the mouse, lol!

Fw, vacay w/o the kids so you can pretend you ran away. Even if it's just a weekend!

I need to have a gs too! I keep saying next weekend. It's probably not going to happen then either.

private post...but I haven't wrote it yet, lol!
July 15th, 2013, 10:42 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
FW, run away for a day. LOL Make hubby watch the kids and go window shopping or go read magazines at the library. Just get out of the house for some quiet time. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I refuse to cook dinner and request that someone make me a sandwich while they are making theirs. Sometimes I just cannot handle making dinner after a long day and if I get too tired, I'll be a bear when I wake up the next day.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search