I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2180Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Come visit me FW and we will run away for a girls day out.

I tried to save a baby mouse when I was a teenager, it died.

Its really hot. The pool has algae. I treated it and all my kids are too **** lazy to vacuum it now. I told them I will drain the **** thing and call it a summer.
#12 is on the way
July 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Baby mouse made it through the night, it's really kinda cute! Today her boyfriend is mouse sitting, but he has to go to work at some point. I don't know what she's going to do. If it makes it a few more weeks I'll help, but I'm not doing he every hour thing. I'd have another kid if I wanted that. Siblings won't help either. Can't blame them.

UM, that's the one thing I hate about pools.
July 16th, 2013, 09:42 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my Dad passed, I was offered the huge plastic horse trough that he used for a pool at his house. I said no, purely because I knew I would be the one to clean it. No thanks. It ended up at my uncle's house which is a good thing because the kids have something to do when we go to his house.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
July 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Good afternoon, ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well today. Quiet day here--nothing on the agenda beyond folding some laundry and feeding the kids, which is good, I needed the rest.

I had a dream last night that I was in labor. It was so vivid and realistic, I was kind of let down when I woke up and remembered I'm only 35 weeks and not in labor! I am getting really excited for the big day though. We're going to complete our short list of baby prep work next week. 4 girls in 5 years means there's not that much to do, as I'm sure you guys already know. Mostly just washing some stuff and bringing it up from the basement, putting the crib together, installing the car seat and stopping by the pharmacy for the postpartum recovery supplies. I never pack my bag until it's go time.

Oh, I had asked you guys about the abdominal binders, I asked my OB yesterday, he said they're more of a crutch than anything else unless you've had a c-section and, in that case, they help "splint" the abdomen to cause less pain when you sneeze etc. He said I should use pilates type exercises to work on my core strength as soon as I get home and if I have trouble for more than week with bad back pain or core instability, he'll refer me to physical therapy. I've NEVER done core work less than 6-8 weeks after delivery. I'm not even really sure what to do. Any fitness buffs with tips?

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (1)

July 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that sounds awfully early to be doing core work....I have no experience as far as C-sections but when I had my hysterectomy it took a long while to be able to move around comfortably. I couldn't imagine exercising so fast.

~~terre~~
July 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I would wait til after the 6 week check. It could cause your bleeding to increase. No reason to do that. Just wait and gets shape later.

At the tire store. The little car was rattling around so bad I thought it would shake apart. Two new tire on the way. Who needed groceries next week anyway?

My realtor called. She has three state troopers each with a k9 service dog needing a place to rent. Am I interested? I don't know. I said sure, lets move forward. They are coming to look at it tomorrow. We are applying for a loan through the USDA rural development program. I told my dh he needed to make this decision. It is too big for me. If it goes smoothly, great. If not, no deal. The house we have picked out is really big, has a pool, 2 car garage, 4 brs. We never go outside anyway, so why doi need a pecan farm?
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I liked the house part, FW. ^^^ I did not know you had decided to buy a new house -- I can't keep up. but hey, if you can't trust police officers, then who can ya trust with your property?

and is the new house listed with pictures? send us a link!!!

~~terre~~
July 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Good luck with the house deal. Hope it all works out! Tires...dinner.....almost the same. LOL

I would not do core work right after delivery of any kind. Core work is pretty intense. I agree wait until 6 weeks at least.

It is hot here. Like 85 degrees, but wait for it......85 % humidity too. Feels like 101 with a wet blanket. All week is going to be like this. Blah.

I had a dream last night I had a baby in my grandmas basement. It was a white, boy baby with red hair, it could walk and had teeth. I didn't want it. I have been having really strange dreams.

Speaking of groceries, we hardly have any either. Its the drinks I can't keep up with. They are sucking every form of liquid down in minutes. I bought them all cheap $1 water bottles for water. I can't even keep milk in the house.
#12 is on the way
July 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I buy whole milk and when it's half empty fill it with water. Goes a little further that way, mine only use it for cereal, and me for coffee. Other then that it's sweet tea or water. I used to try to keep up with the drinks but it got crazy so I cut back.

I'd also wait to do core's, a few weeks won't make a huge difference.

Good luck FW with the house!

Not a lot going on here.
July 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I only make tea for dinner. It is water the rest of the day. That weather is what we have from April to November! I love it! Itis great for the skin.

Allof a sudden my sister is sending me email to connect with my dad. Send the kids, come down, visit. Where the heck is that coming from?
July 17th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Another reason I am never coming to FL. Big bugs and weather I hate!

Inferno Day 3. ughhhh. I need to get the 16 yo signed up for school, but the new school won't request the transcripts from the old school, said I have to go get them. My van dies in traffic now. The old school is 12 miles away going in the opposite direction of the new school. The old school won't mail or fax them either, said I have to sign a release. I am gonna scream.
#12 is on the way
July 17th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
The heat is crazy here, too.

UM, I've been having crazy pregnancy dreams, but yours is so detailed! And what a pain about the school records. Do you think they might agree to fax you the release to sign if you explain the whole "very pregnant, 10 kids and broken down car" situation?

FW--good luck with the house situation! We sold our house last July, and had to live at the IL's house for a month before we closed on this one, but it was worth it, we love this house.

My kids plow through beverages, too. They each drink a different kind of milk--Matilda drinks whole milk, Evelyn only will drink chocolate, and Adelaide needs almond milk because we suspect she might have a dairy allergy and are experimenting to try to clear up her horrible eczema. They each go through about a gallon a week, plus 3 64oz bottles of apple cider. I water it down for Evelyn and Adelaide (Matilda needs the full-strength cider to help with her bathroom issues.) I hate spending so much on liquids! At least it's better than when Matilda was a baby, she had a milk protein intolerance so from 12-18 months she was on goat's milk instead of cow's milk--it was almsot $40 a WEEK! For one kid! nuts.
As much as I hate spending money on beverages, I'd just about kill for a diet coke this morning! I'd even pay for one. lol

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (1)

July 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
But we have ac! And springs, rivers, oceans, gulfs. Don't go in the lakes though, you will get a brain eating ameoba.

I was in today's paper!

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...NESS/307170014

Calls me a smart family!
July 17th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Ahhhh, I am sure you can get a flesh eating virus in our lakes. Comparable to a brain eating ameoba.

You are smart! How did they end up interviewing you?
#12 is on the way
July 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Way to go FW! I remember you mentioning them before. I really should look into it. When my husband worked at a beef processing plant we could get our beef (in bulk) for almost nothing, then Tyson bought them and we were paying pennies on the dollar for their products. I really, really, really miss that., but the ***** lied and closed the plant.

UM, sorry about the schools. Sadly something similar is why I never finished high school.
July 17th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Zaycon called me a few months ago and asked me if I would mind them giving my name and phone for an interview of a local customer. I said sure.

Decided to not go to my high school reunion. I really wanted to but I can't justify spending the money on a hotel. I hate being poor.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I hate being poor too.

Finally got him signed up. He is a junior but only has 13 1/2 credits, he needs 23 to graduate. If he passes every class this year he can earn 8 more. That leaves him 1 1/2 credits short. However the school has a test they offer that is worth 5 credits, if he passes that he can graduate on time.
#12 is on the way
July 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
um- Won't he still have senior year to complete the requirements? Glad you were able to get him squared away.

Dh left this afternoon for an all men/business fishing trip to Alaska. He went last year and was excited to go this year. Our honey do list helper is here, fixing stuff. Today he has a couple of neighborhood boys here helping him, so hopefully they can accomplish a lot.
July 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
~~honey do list helper ~~

wish I had one.....

~~terre~~
July 17th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I melted today.

That's all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search