I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2163Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
FW - I could find nothing at all. if you want me to search again using the other spelling that you PM'd me about, I will try later today. gotta hit the movies with the grandbabies -- today is charlottes web.

~~terre~~
July 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Have fun at movies.

So there was this double murder not far from here at a Dollar store about a week, week and a half ago. Yesterday they had found a suspect and they showed him on the news.

It was this 30-something year old black male who we knew. He worked at the dollar store on our corner. Now he was working there back in late winter/early spring.

I would go in the dollar store and he would follow me around the store trying to talk to me asking me odd questions. He did this a few times and was creeping me out. So then I told dh I wanted him to go in with me on future visits because the guy was creepy.

So the next time we went in the guy asked me if that was my husband (when we were in different aisles), then went and talked to my husband and asked if I was his wife.

After that I stopped going in there because he was so creepy, then he wasn't working there anymore by this summer.

The police are saying he walked into this other dollar store, killed the 20yo male cashier and kidnapped , then killed, the 20something female manager that he was stalking. The manager was a redhead too.

I told my husband he was a creepy dude and I was right. He has apparently been convicted multiple times of criminal sexual conduct in the past too.
#12 is on the way
July 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Wow Jen, that's frightening. I'm glad you took hubby with you and then quit going. I hope they have him in custody.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

July 25th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah, they do. I'm glad too. The 20 yo kid had just gotten the job 5 days before and the girl was young too, and going to medical school. Its just sick.
#12 is on the way
July 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is even freakier than my dads girlfriend!
July 25th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's so sad and totally creepy!!!!

July 25th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
you have good intuition, UM. such a sad story.

~~terre~~
July 25th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Wow UM, glad that your instincts were dead on!
July 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I just saw my dogs surrounding something little. I went out and called them to me and the thing looked like a little pig! I couldn't get close enough to see real well. When my dogs came to me, the thing ran off. So I told them to go find him again, but when they ran, shots rang out and they came running back! Chickens.
mom2many2010 likes this.
July 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
is that normal in your neck of the woods -- for shots to ring out??!! geesh....

so I got a letter again today -- she is getting faster at responding. she sent me another picture of her mother (my bio-grandmother). I found out that my only uncle (my mothers brother btw) lives in her city which is about an 6 hour drive from here. I haven't called him yet -- just want to savor the relationship as it forms first...then I will call him.

making a fresh green salad with fruits, nuts and gluten-free corn bread for dinner. its really too hot for much else.

~~terre~~
July 25th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah, there is always someone shooting something. It's like we live in Chicago!
July 26th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Where is everyone?
July 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy ****! Those are some creepy stories you ladies are telling!!

Jenn, saying you can't change the babies name cause of the kids reminded me of when I was pregnant with Milly and had decided that maybe I wanted to call her Layla instead (it was supposed to have been #4's name). Anyway, I was announcing the name Layla Beatrice at dinner and Lucas turned to me and said 'so we're going to call Milly, Layla?' I knew there was no changing it after that.

Today's just a lazy, rainy day. Girls night tonight, we haven't had one in several months. One of my best friends just set up a new shop for her business so we're having a 'shop-warming' party.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
July 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I have a monster headache. Three Tylenol in and it isn't even touching it. I need a nap.

Zay's bday is coming up (August 12). He wanted a Tummy Stuffer, so we got him that and we got him a skateboard and a ramp, and a Batman magnetic dart board. He should be happy.
#12 is on the way
July 26th, 2013, 05:57 PM
What's a tummy stuffer?

My boys went fishing with 4H today. #5 pulled in this huge bass and he and #4 caught a bunch of catfish. So the 4H guys hand me all these dead or dying fish (poor things were trying to breathe in the bags). I have no idea what to do with them. So I go to the butcher on the way home and he says he will take care of it for me. For free. We go back to get it and it all looks the same except with out heads. I dump it all in the sink but I can't ring myself to touch it. I call my friend who hunts, fishes, everything, and he says to bringit over and he will help. I made the boys hold these trays of dead headless, skinless fish in the bus and head out. He made it look like the stuff you see in grocery stores and we grilled it up for dinner. They were so proud.
July 27th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
and that is why I could never fish!!! it ruins the whole pleasure of eating it later....

my DIL got hired for her first full-time teaching job!!! she is starting out with a class of 3rd-4th combo in a charter school. pray for her!! I went to target this morning and loaded up my basket with all sorts of classroom necessaries for her. of course its a drop in the bucket but at least its a start.

~~terre~~
July 27th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! All the boys in my family (minus the step) are big time bass fishermen. I've been around fish guts my entire life. I've impressed many guys with my fishing abilities...aka, I wasn't afraid to touch the fish.

That's exciting! I bet she does great with her new job.

I woke up today with a dead cell phone battery and a dead van battery. Did I mention the phone can only be charged with my car charger because the cat ruined my other one! This after both my garbage disposal and microwave quit this week. Add that to the computer quitting 2 weeks ago...What the heck is going on???
July 27th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oh no, thats miserable, Cortney.

Yay for your daughter, Terre!!!

A Tummy Stuffer is this stuffed animal that is basically empty inside and you can stuff other things inside it. You can look them up online.

Canaan is sitting next to me, falling asleep on my arm, but every few minutes he takes a bite of the peanut butter sandwich he won't let go of.

My headache finally went away.
~mommy~ likes this.
#12 is on the way
July 27th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
you girls are a busy bunch.

Jennifer is the tummy stuffer those things I keep seeing on Tv?
I'm so wishing #4 would take a nap so I could. I work nights. And last night was super busy at work. So then when I get home I get to lay down for 3 hours till #4 wakes up. Now I'm super tired waiting for hubby to get home so I could take a nap. Him and his twin brother are out hunting. Witch means they probably wont be home till late tonight and I have to work again tonight. Makes for a long day

July 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Hope you get some rest.

I was supposed to take 3,4,5 to a birthday party today and I completely forgot. Just flat out forgot. I feel so bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search