I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2510Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2013, 04:32 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing a few loads of laundry, then it's date night.
Our dog came back today, she'd been away for about a month and a half being trained how to behave better, so far she seems a bit better *fingers crossed* Kids were excited to have her back.
Emptied the ball pit dh built in the basement yesterday and vacuumed it out and put it all back together. Been having an allergic reaction since. This time, I took a generic claritin so at least I didn't end up having an asthma attack like the last several times I cleaned anything down there.

Last edited by ~mommy~; July 27th, 2013 at 04:36 PM.
July 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Terre congrat's to your DIL, such a sweet gesture on your part!

There is nothing that compares to fresh caught fish....only I won't gut them, nasty :/

Cortney that just seems to be how things go, you hope they stop after you reach 3 but it rarely does.

Christina hope you get the nap you want!

I've got 2 next month also, Aiden on the 11th and I think he'll get the same as I got Cole. A Halo Lego set, a BB/paintball hybrid gun, it shoots those orbeeze things (little balls you soak in water and they plump up), and refills for that. then Lupan is the 12th and I am thinking Chevy floor mats for his truck. It's the only thing I can think of. I wanted to do a little more since its his 21st, but he buys what he wants.

Pretty lazy day today. I just finished watching "Trouble With The Curve" with Clint Eastwood, I really liked it, might even be in my top 20 movie picks....great family movie also.
July 27th, 2013, 05:22 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Don't feel too bad, FW. I was supposed to go to a bday party with the kids today too and completely forgot......until I saw the pics on FB.

Yeah, those goofy on tv Tummy Stuffer things. I ordered his off Amazon though, if you order it off the TS website it takes 6-8 weeks to get the TS. It took a week on Amazon. Hope you are able to get some rest!!

I taught Zay to make a simple cheesecake, all 6 yo's need to make cheesecake, right.
Jenilope likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 27th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer Now can you come teach my 7 and 5 year old how to make some. lol

I have forgot birthday parties before. ITs real bad when it's a family members birthday party lmao.

I got my nap!!!!! I work nights so I usually come home and take a small nap in the morning till the baby wakes up. Then I get up for the day till the evening when Eric gets home. Then I get a couple more hours. So on most days I get like a total of 5-6 hours a day. I get to sleep more on his days off because he is awesome and will get up with the kids. But anyway today I was soooooooo flippin tired my 3 morning hours wasn't doing it for me lol.

July 28th, 2013, 06:54 AM
That wouldn't do it for me either. I work (kinda) nights, more like early mornings I guess. 4am-9am loading trucks for UPS. I have been off on mat leave for awhile now though. I get up at 3-3:15am when I work, get home around 9:30ish am and am up for the day, but I go to bed at 8pm. Dh gets bedtime and baby duties after that. He works from home as a barber though, so he sets all his own hours and whatnot.

For cheesecake lessons they will have to come here. It's a little too close to baby time to travel. LOL

Dh had me watch this movie called Spring Breakers last night. OMG. I would have rather watched Sharknado again. It was soooo bad. He is the king of bad movies though.

I have never seen a bb/paintball gun that shoots Orbeeez. Interesting. I just KNOW this baby is coming sometime around Zay's bday and I am going to end up with a second set of day or two apart bdays!

Hope you had a great date night, much more fun than cleaning the ball pit!!
July 28th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone say hi to my sister. She is cyber stalking me! Lets call her the angel of death or aod for short.
July 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hi cyber stalking sister! I'm fairly certain that is not a good thing

Um the gun thing is kinda cool, we have learned that they can be a little painful if the beads aren't wet enough, otherwise they just kinda explode on impact. It wasn't what I was looking for when I found it, but thought it was a good alternative to BB's or traditional airsoft guns. This is the one I found..

Blaster Airsoft Set S2500 - Walmart.com

I wished birthdays were a little more spread out, but at least they are all done in a semi-short time.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Nah, she's cool. She did a search about the ex girlfriend and this thread came up!

I love the orbeeze gun idea! That sounds way fun!

We have church, then a oing away ice cream party for the Spanish girl. I am also making a brisket! I am pretty awesome.
July 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I am going to get the newspaper now. At least I get to read the ads, the rest is pretty useless.

Enjoy the ice cream social.

Hi sister!! *waves*

Cool gun!
July 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Have you mentioned the ex by name before? Seems odd it would show up..?

The gun is a lot of fun, after Cole got it all of the adults took turns shooting the kids, even the MIL got in on the action lol
July 28th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
I love that name.

Schnikes! Remember me telling you about my dads ex girlfriend that we called crazy deb? And how I couldn't remember her last name or her girls and it bothered me? And the next morning I remembered and found the one girl on fb but couldn't message her? And how I sent my sister to find more info? Well, my sister did send a message and she replied! She said crazy deb got in a fight with her boyfriend in Vermont in 2005 and was found in a culvert the next day. Unbelievable!! Mil, can you use your genealogy skills to find more info? Her name was Debbie or Debra bolena. I can't find any online newspaper articles. Totally shocked here.
Yeah, right here. Post 1250.
July 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Hello LF ladies!

Glad your dog is home, Mommy, hope the program worked!

Terre--Congrats to your DIL!

UM and M2M--2 of my girls are 9 days apart, I was honestly kind of hoping that this baby would be a little closer to Matilda to make it more "fair." My DH and his family get presents for ALL the kids on each birthday, it's a huge hit to the gift budget and something I just don't like, I don't go over-board on birthdays, but I do think that should be THAT child's day (cake, favorite dinner, some balloons and presents) and that we're spoiling the kids giving them all presents instead of teaching them to just understand that it's not always their turn. I hope your kiddos have fun birthdays! It sounds like you've gotten them some cool gifts!

FW--enjoy the ice cream social and brisket--you are pretty awesome! Will you guys miss your spanish girl? Has she gotten close to your kids? Do any of your kids want to go to Spain now? And Hello AOD, lol

Took the kids to church this morning, it must be vacation time in our community (I'm still getting used to the rhytms here) there was a really small crowd and almost all senior citizens. I don't know most of them very well but they were all very nice, it's fun to have all those people doting on my little troupe of girls (especially when they're being good and have their hair brushed! lol)

DH has a midterm today, so he was studying all day yesterday, gone all day today and then has work and class tomorrow. I'm so over July. I'm also over him telling me to not go into labor. As if it's my choice. Also, I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, it's going to happen soon and I would be pleased if the day it happened he was EXCITED instead of saying something like "Oh no. Really? Not today, I'm so busy!" :/

July 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey, fw's sister!

I'm going to look into that gun, M2M.
My mistake was doing them in groups with a freaking holiday in the middle! I have one a few days before Christmas and one about 2 wks after (that's the roughest). The two a week apart in April w/ Easter occasionally falling in the mix, and the other two are a month apart but back-to-school fall in the middle and that's usually more expensive than Christmas!!
June would be the best month for me to add a baby (if I wanted to), it's wide open, nothing in May or July, so I'd have time to save up, plan, and recover!

Jenilope, I completely agree with b-days being about the child born on that day.

Brisket sounds so yummy, right now!

I did my first maternity session this morning. It went great, the lighting wasn't wonderful, it rain just before I got there and the clouds stayed thick so nothing too dreamy but I think they came out good anyway.
This afternoon I have a family shoot with my best friend/assistant's (she always goes with me to my shoots because she's AWESOME!) extended family. Busy day with the camera!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

July 28th, 2013, 04:01 PM
We really like her. She is super sweet. She thinks #1 is really cool. 1 can drive, sings, goes to college. So she thinks she is awesome. She loves 2&3 and missed them when they were at church camp last week. Se dotes on 7 like crazy. Lets her play with her iPhone, talks to her, brushes her hair. I don't see much interaction between her and the boys, but they think she is hot. 5 protects meal times as that is when he gets to sit by her.
July 28th, 2013, 04:53 PM
My niece is in Spain right now with the exchange student they had for six months.
July 28th, 2013, 08:16 PM
My student was skyping with her parents tonight and the kids said hi, so I popped in and told them how delightful she is. They told me to send the girls next summer. Ha, like we could afford that! But I said maybe 1 could go when she graduates.

Tomorrow is our last full day with her. We are taking her to wakulla springs. It is my favorite place in n fl. Then I invited us to my bffs house or dinner. I hope she says yes!
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Yeah, my brother and his wife have money like that. They are going to Spain to at the end of the month. Of course my brother only has my niece and one son who lives with his mom.

When we "vacation" we go visit my mom 6 miles away. LOL

I am ready to have baby girl.
Farmers-wife likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
FW--I'm so glad you had such a good experience with your exchange student! When I was in 6th grade we had a french high school exchange student and it didn't go well. She didn't like us very much (can't blame her, my mom was really a piece of work and I suspect she tried to treat her like a maid rather than giving her any kind of good experience.) But I did go to France (didn't visit her) when I graduated, my grandparents took me as a gift, they've always been world travelers and I loved it, we did Paris and then took the train to Florence and Venice.
Hubby took me to Madrid for my 30th birthday with no kids for a few days 2 years ago and it was amazing! I'm sure your girls would love it and I hope you encourage them to keep in touch with your Spanish girl!

UM--I hear you! You're farther along than I am and *I* am ready to have my baby girl, too! Although, if I can wait until after 4:00 on the 9th, all our summer obligations will be complete and I won't have anything else I have to get the other kids to on time until the middle of September. So perhaps 8/10 is the day for me?

July 29th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I have mixed feelings about the whole ing altogether. She was perfect. I have no complaints about her. It is more the program she is on. We don't get any money for room, board, gas and it seems like even the trips they went on were pretty cheap. All they want to do is go to the mall, though, so maybe that doesn't matter. So, as selfish as this may sound, what do I get out of it? I had stress, maybe self inflicted, because I kow her parents paid good money and I wanted her to have fun, experience our part of north Florida. Maybe it just isn't a good time for us right now because we have so many. If I only had 2-3 teens, it would have been no problem.
July 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
This is how this is going to go here, baby won't come this week because it is too early. Then next week my mom took off work "in case" the baby came, so there goes that week too. That pushes me all the way until the 12th at the earliest.

FW, I am not sure if my bro and SIL got anything for hosting the exchange student, I think it was volunteer and she was there for 6 months.

I just put beef short ribs in the oven for dh, made grilled chicken salad for me and mixed berry crisp for the kids. Now I am bored again.

Guess I will watch Maury and have some salad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search