I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2438Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope your little one gets better.

I'm just peopled out (like a 9 month old pregnant woman lol) and there's about 6 things I need to do all at once, which I can't get too because all these other things keep coming up. (thank you bank guy for wanting your net worth statement today).
Plus fil was here saying all sorts of stupid stuff, like the discussion he needed to have about why we didn't go to San Francisco because we were so close. Maybe because there was lots of stuff to do where we were at and the kids woudn't like a big city and oh yeah, it would add 13 hours of driving to the 50 hours we did.

But the sun is shining AND I am getting to a regular level of laundry.
~mommy~ likes this.
August 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in the big city of Orlando! Traffic stopped on the interstate, no trees, funky facade buildings. It is so fake here. But I am bringing some real to town. I am excited!
August 2nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello all!

I am making spicy potato soup! Which is probably too hot of a meal to be eating when it's 90 outside and 80 inside. But it's yummy, so I can't really be bothered.
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
August 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have a great time FW.

Just wanted to say I don't have any right to complain. Or at least should be thankful I only get to complain about little stupid stuff.
August 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been on hold with our med. ins. co. for almost an hour. In response to the mail I received from them "2nd request injury illness inquiry" re. when ds3 broke his arm. I'm almost positive it's passed reg. business hours there now, yet it keeps saying please hold for next available representative.

Have you guys seen the movies "sling blade" or "187" ? I watched most of 187 in the middle of the night the other night when I woke up for no reason. Sling blade was on yesterday, while I was folding laundry. Both are very heavy subject matter, but good. Was at least my 2nd time seeing sling blade, but my first seeing 187.
Hold time at 48:56
August 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
#5 your post made me laugh, sounds like my MIL!

FW have a GREAT time!!!

Potato soup sounds yummy!

Mommy, I hate those stupid request. I tell the doc how it happened, do I really need to fill out a form saying the same thing. Can they not read? Not to mention I can send in 5 copies and they are always 'lost'.

UM....where are you? It's been very quite on your end...baby?
August 2nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Nope, no baby. Just another day passing and absolutely NOTHING going on. I'm getting some hot spicy Chinese food and having my way with my husband later. He put her in there, he should help get her out.

I could never be on hold for almost an hour.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never seen either of those movies. And being on hold for so long is SO annoying!

lol, have fun with everything UM.

So my van went in for an oil change after the big road trip, and I had taken all the garbage/books/whatnot out of it, but it needed to be vacuumed BAD. The kids had had sunflower seeds in there (which I allowed because of all the driving) and it was a mess. I just went to go vacuum my van, and.........it was already done. What a nice surprise!
August 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your plan works, UM!

'My' baby that is supposed to my first newborn session had to go to the nicu . I'm so sad. Say a little prayer he recovers quickly.
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 3rd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Well, that didn't work.........
August 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry it didn't work UM, keep trying

Cortney, how sad about the little one

#5 I got an oil change last week, and also cleaned out the car, and got a nicely vacuumed one back. I did it at Walmart, that's part of the package.

As of tomorrow my husband will be off for almost 2 weeks (faint). He's moving to the plant in Boise cause he can not see himself working with the new manager they brought in, not to mention that the new manager hired to people and is paying them more then him cause they have a 'specialty'.....and have to go to the husband to help them all of the time, cause they have no clue what they are doing. He was pissed, and the other plant (further drive) has been wanting him for years.

His current plants big, big boss told him he could come back anytime, they aren't fond of their new hire either, but can't fire him. The catch is that he will still have to probably work some of his days off at the old plant, cause his leaving, leaves them in a bind. Good side is that he is going to milk, and dairy products...they get to bring some of that home. I'll miss the butter, but will just have Lupan or Sam's boyfriend get it for me.
August 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the new place works out well for him!

I just paid a crazy amount for a bag of cherries, accidentaly. I thought it was a medium container but it was a large one. I should have put them back, or if I was going to pay a lot, just get the case and have a bigger bang for my buck.

My kids are peopled out too, no one wanted to come to the farmers market with me, and admittedly, when I saw how many people there were I almost just left.
August 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Private post, long and has colorful language.
August 3rd, 2013, 09:05 PM
That will be interesting!

I'm home, had a great time, and so tired. Will post my observations and experiences tomorrow. Because I know you want to know what I think!
August 4th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I am starting to get a lil offended, apparently my daughter has no desire to meet me.

Going grocery shopping, get Zay's big bday gift out of layaway from Kmart. Planning on taking kids to the lake tomorrow.

Elijaah has "The Gauntlet" tomorrow evening for football, he has to pass it to make the team. He has worked so hard. I know he can do it! Of course he will make it because that means he will have tons of football practice for the next two weeks.
August 4th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
M2M--hope the hubby likes the new job!

Mom^6--I will pray for that baby and his family. Hope he's home and sitting for your session soon!

FW--how is Orlando?

UM--Oh my goodness I hope Evaani decides that today is the day after all. I've never been over due before. Heck, I'm still 15 days away from my due date and *I* am sick of waiting for my babe! If, like me, Murphy's Law rules your life, she'll come on the least convenient day possible for you. And good luck to Elijaah with the gauntlet tomorrow--that sounds intense but it also sounds like he's worked really hard to get ready for it!

An internet friend has a custom embroidery business and just started carrying infant gowns, she asked me if I would try one out for free and review it for her and, of course I said yes--she sent me TWO and they're beautiful, one with baby's monogram and one with her full first name. Aside from the blanket I knit for her and a week or two of disposable diapers and some soap and cream and stuff like that, this baby doesn't really have anything of her own, and I didn't anticipate her having anything that was just hers (especially not clothing) aside from her Christening gown for years, so I'm a little over-the-top excited that she got these little gowns. I know she'll only be able to wear them for a few months, and that I've never actually bought anything monogrammed for my kids (although have received a couple blankets and a teddy bear as gifts) because I want to be able to use as much as I can as hand-me-downs with so many girls, but this makes me all smiley!

Today is church and a lot of cooking--bread, muffins, cookie dough, biscuits, lasagna, soup and chicken and noodles for the freezer and some bacon and sour dough bread for BLTs for dinner tonight--our tomatoes are going gangbusters right now--yum-o!
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.

August 4th, 2013, 09:50 AM
That is super sweet about the gowns. I am jealous of your tomatoes. Guess I will go eat a cookie.

Well, the reunion was fun. Found my best friend from 8 and 9th grade that I lost touch with when I got a boyfriend. She had a totally different life than I did. And she is successful and happy. She is married, two kids, got a phd. I am so proud of her. We had so much fun catching up. Sometimes I just sat there and stared at her. I was so happy to see her.

I wasn't the fattest, or the ugliest! But I had the most kids.
Jenilope and MIL2lissy8 like this.
August 4th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Dh got a fishing license so he can teach the kids to fish tomorrow at the lake. Should be fun.
Farmers-wife likes this.
August 4th, 2013, 05:24 PM
As long as he can clean them.
August 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Oh we won't be keeping anything, catch and release only.
Farmers-wife likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search