I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2107Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I like to eat what I catch

Looks like Sam may have a new job, making more money. It's the same line of work, a call center, but it's for CHIP, since it's for chip they will get the same benefits of a government employee. She doesn't need medical, but it does offer her more protection then her current job does. They only have a 3 year contract, but if it does go south they will help with education, so she could go back to school. She'll start at just over $11 during training and then go to $13, she's making $9 so a good jump.
August 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Congrats on Sam's new job!

UM--hope the kids and DH enjoy fishing. You haven't said hi yet today, is it baby day? Hope so!!

Nothing particularly interesting going on here. I agreed to help with planning the crafts for Sunday School this year since I want to take the year off from teaching while I'm nursing. That should be fun to do, so I'm hitting up Pinterest for ideas. Went out for Thai with DH for lunch today, took Evelyn to her last ballet class (Matilda didn't feel like going, so I didn't feel like forcing her, DH thinks I should have made her go... I don't know, it's supposed to be fun and I didn't want her bad attitude to ruin it for Evelyn, but maybe I just gave in because I'm tired.) Other than that, just got to make some bread, bacon and pizza crusts this afternoon and wait for DH to get home from work and school. I'm so ready to go to bed. Or get this baby out. DH refuses to help with that before next week though, lol
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

August 5th, 2013, 03:02 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I was up at 7 packing the van to go to the beach, we left at 8:30. The kids had fun. Zay did great, he caught the biggest fish and the most fish (5).

No baby, she is a stubborn little cookie.
Jenilope likes this.
#12 is on the way
August 5th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Come on baby girl, we're waiting for you!

I'm in a crabby mood today! Everyone and everything is rubbing me the wrong way and I feel like my stress level is really high even though I don't know what I'm stressed about. I'm just on edge.
I don't think Izzy waking up at 4 am and puking all over my bed helped matters.
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no, hope she feels better and doesn't pass it on.

Now that you had that day out of the way it's time for baby UM!

I'm still enjoying the ordinary routine. My sister is coming on wednesday and her and my oldest are going to make a resume for my oldest...it's time for her to get a job.
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM
No baby. This week, or weekend, would be best, even though Zay's bday party is Sunday. After that it gets CRAZY!!

Elijaah starts 7am-3:30pm football practice Monday, and his dad believes he doesn't need to help get him there or pick him up. That is M-F all next week and M,T,W the next week.

The 21st is Aaron's court date and Elijaah's high school registration......oh plus my moms bday.

I really need this baby to come out now, which absolutely means she won't. Ohhh and my husband is leaving tonight to go to "band" practice. I swear his family schedules this **** for when I am due or overdue. That means he will be gone for 5-6 hours tonight, 45 minutes away.

If you hear screaming.....thats me, in pure frustration.

Ohhh yeah, and the 22nd is Naathaniels middle school registration. I almost forgot.
#12 is on the way
August 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
UM that is a crazy schedule! I hope Evaani gets a wiggle on! Will you induce if she's not here by the 13th?

August 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UM, that is crazy!! I don't know how you keep up! I'm barely surviving ONE being in band!!

August 6th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry UM, hope she comes soon!
August 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I can't be induced due to previous csections, Jen.

The hospital mw's have my edd as THIS Friday anyway. So technically they only consider me 40 weeks this week. I still think its off because I would have gotten a BFP at 6-7dpo. But whatever, I guess that means they will let me go until the 23rd.
#12 is on the way
August 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot about the no inductions. I admire your calm attitude about the whole thing though, I get a little "GET THIS THING OUT OF ME" insane at the end.

August 6th, 2013, 02:00 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
um -Hope baby girl makes her appearance soon.

Bought some stuff to hopefully finally get dd1s room organized. The furniture she chose is too big for the room and she has no closet, just drawers. She's a bookworm with no place for her books. Dh was in a building mood and built 2 new cabinets for the living room, so I thought he might be in the mood to assemble precut stuff. I can do it, but he enjoys it. Me not so much.
We have a fruit fly problem....grr...my mom set up the vinegar trick and it's working, just taking too long. Terminix is supposed to be here tomorrow for our standard every 3 month visit. Hopefully by Friday, no more fruit flies
August 6th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I highly dislike fruit flies, hope the problem is resolved quickly.

I am very grumpy right now. Very close to "get this baby outta me NOW!" crazy. I only appear calm in type. LOL
HalfDozen likes this.
#12 is on the way
August 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Awe, UM, fingers crossed that it happens soon.
August 6th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear about the fruit flies, ick! Hope that resolves soon!

UM, I'm still impressed thaty ou're keeping your cool. I've probably blocked 1/2 my FB news feed to help me refrain from spending all day typing profanities.

So, DH came home and we were talking about labor while I was making dinner. He declares that Wednesday (tomorrow) would be the absolute worst day (work wise, for him) for me to be having the baby. Wouldn't you know that before I finish the sausage gravy I make one of my million daily trips to the bathroom and am having show? LOL I'm just now starting to have a few contractions, it doesn't feel labor-y right now, I never had show with the other kids (well, not until I was already at the hossy with an epi, so I never saw it, I'm sure it happened though), but I know it doesn't really mean much except that some cervical change is probably happening and I could still be weeks away. But I can't help but be amused that it happened RIGHT after his declaration that pretty much any time EXCEPT now would be fine. I suppose THAT is the kind of kid this is going to be? lol

As far as I'm concerned, she can come ANY day now, lol! I finished my last pre-baby task today--replacing the broken laptop screen on the back up so I can take it to the hospital with me--and I'm feeling rather pleased with myself. lol
UrbanMomma, ~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.

August 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Come on babies!!!!
August 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying for you both. I almost gave up sex in December because August/September babies are so hot!

I am perusing Craigslist for shelves, dressers, bunk beds. Found one person selling a ton of gorgeous stuff. I'm not sure which things I would actually get if he writes me back.

Praying for you both. I almost gave up sex in December because August/September babies are so hot!

I am perusing Craigslist for shelves, dressers, bunk beds. Found one person selling a ton of gorgeous stuff. I'm not sure which things I would actually get if he writes me back.
August 6th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I ma having zero signs of labor, so I am pretty sure it is because you have to have your baby first. Would be kinda funny if it were tomorrow after what your dh said.
Jenilope likes this.
#12 is on the way
August 7th, 2013, 05:50 AM
FW--good luck with the Craig's List finds! You'll have to let us know what you get.

I had some contractions for about an hour last night and then nothing, so I don't think it's going to be today, but I am kind of tired of having "checking on me" be "You're not in labor yet, are you?" Dude. It might be a bit inconvenient for you but you've known this is coming, I'm miserable, please don't pile on by reminding me every day that you'd rather the baby wait longer! (Of course I'm glad she's healthy and she can take the time she needs and yadda yadda yadda, it's just really getting on my nerves that DH is so eager to put it off farther. If he'd been pregnant for ONE DAY, he'd never suggest such a thing!)

UM, I hope it's baby day for you today. I hope that for you every day, it would be kind of unfair for me to go first. Maybe our girls will be birthday buddies?
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.

August 7th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL, gave me the nudge to try ancestry.com. I found my grandma's entry papers into this country (on dad's side). Confirmed what I though that she did live over there during the war. Went quite a ways back on some of my mom's side, but am stuck on my grandpa (on dad's side). Here's something I learned...this half breed mexican, has a lot more german in her then I suspected lol
Jenilope and MIL2lissy8 like this.

« Why | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search