I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2072Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM which route did you decide to go with your son? Happy Birthday to little Canaan (did I spell that right?). It seem like yesterday that you had him

#5 somtimes a not talking teen is a good thing lol

Not much going on here. Took Sams car to the mechanic...again. Now I need to call them so they know it's sitting out there. We dropped it off after hours.
March 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
#5, a quiet (even sullen) teen can definitely be okay. I tell people I'm starting to like my 16-year-old again, but about 13 1/2 - 15 1/2 SUCKS!! There were many, many arguments. Her and Dad still argue quite a bit, but it's much better than it was for a while!

I'd been researching the spinning babies site. I wasn't going to try anything until I knew for sure that he was breech. The midwife suspected it last week. I'm not overly concerned. I've been also reading that it can be hereditary. My mom delivered one of my twin sisters breech. My last one was breech at about this stage, they sent me for an ultrasound where she was head down. Then, when they decided to induce 10 days later, she was breech again. They stopped the induction and scheduled a version for the next morning. I got all prepped, they pulled out the ultrasound, and she was head down again. I apparently have a lot of room in there for them to move.

I figure I'll give the spinning babies (and a couple other things the midwife suggested) a shot for a couple of weeks, and then I have a version scheduled in 2 weeks. My only hope is that if I'm not successful at getting him to turn himself that the OB is. Otherwise, I can't really worry too much about it. I'm much calmer than I was when the last one was breech, etc. so we shall see!!

March 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone done this: http://www.youngeagles.org/programs/...gles/info.asp?

I think a couple of my kids might enjoy it!

Happy b-day Canaan
It doesn't seem like he's 6 months older than Weston.

March 19th, 2013, 11:26 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^ i know one of the twins would die for this...but he needs 5 more years to qualify i think.....he's only 3.5 but he is all about airplanes.

~~terre~~
March 19th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes! My girls all did that a few years ago. It was really wonderful. Go for it.

My husband is making me whisper so the Xbox won't hear me. Whatever. Took #1 to her post op appointment. She was doing so well he took her cast bandages off and put splint things on. Then while I was paying, she gets all woozy. Passes out. Great. Get her up and out and now I am home again. I need a nap.
March 19th, 2013, 12:34 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Uh-oh on the passing out, as long as she didn't hurt herself.

I have no desire to talk about my 16 yo. I still want to beat him with a bat. Can I sell him?

We went to lunch for Canaan's bday, he got a strawberry shortcake slider for dessert and the waitresses sang him Happy Bday. LOL

Still working on laundry, sorting, folding, putting away, storing too small stuff. 2nd day today. Blah. Will still have more to do tomorrow.
#12 is on the way
March 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
please read private post~~

~~terre~~
March 19th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Selling him might be more profitable then killing him, but make sure to put no returns accepted

Repti, my boys would love something like that.
Babymakes8 likes this.
March 19th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She was walking to get to a chair and almost fell forward onto this really large woman sitting across from the door. Would have been a great landing spot but she made it to the chair. She is fine.

Starting the move back today. Taking the freezer over so I can put the new steer there instead of moving him twice. Getting new doors and painting them "refuge" by sherwin Williams. I swear I love Pinterest more than some of the kids.
Babymakes8 likes this.
March 19th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Well, glad she didn't hurt herself.
#5in2005 likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
There is a guy in Sheboygan Falls (at least the location is listed there, I looked him up on Facebook just to make sure he's not a creeper, and he actually lives in IL) that's about 20 minutes from here, and there is three other locations in Manitowoc which is about 40 minutes from here. I just have to make sure that Sydney wants to do it. She might chicken out.

Glad your daughter made it to the chair instead of the squishy mattress

M2M you have the worst luck with cars. When I win the lottery, and buy a house, I am going to buy you four new vehicles that Rob checks out ahead of time for ya! lol
MIL2lissy8 and mom2many2010 like this.

March 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Breakfast casserole.....anyone have a recipe that doesn't use fake ingredients, like Bisquik and frozen hash browns??
#12 is on the way
March 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
sorry, I'm no help when it comes to breakfast.

Repti that looks totally cool!

FW, how is your daughter feeling now, a little later.

I went bra shopping with a friend today. It was expensive. But very worth it. I'm surprised every time I look down that they're up there again.

My youngest did fine at school today, but I let her skip piano lessons, mostly because we didn't get around to practising at all this week.

Oldest is speaking again. She is a smart girl. Mommy always 'wins' if you're going to be unpleasant.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
March 19th, 2013, 04:18 PM
jen, i have one that is made in the crock pot over night -- interested? it is eggs, ham and other ingredients. let me know and i will go find it.

ETA: i think this is the one i made at christmas. i don't like sausage so i subbed in the ham. everyone liked it.

http://crockingirls.com/recipes/breakfast-casserole/

ETA #2: ooops re-read your post and saw the bit about the hash browns. sorry. you could probably make your own grated potatoes and use that instead.
UrbanMomma likes this.

~~terre~~

Last edited by MIL2lissy8; March 19th, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
March 19th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I want it ^!

March 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
me too.
March 19th, 2013, 04:33 PM
ok -- its there.

~~terre~~
March 19th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies. Trying to catch up. Ya'll are chatty LOL

UM, good for you taking your maternity leave!!
m2m - I agree with repti worst luck in cars!!
Repti - neither of those packages are from me! Yet, but you won't have postage owed when I ship, either. I found the diaper liners today
FW - glad you're daughter is OK

We finished most of the shopping for Easter baskets today. I'm cheap, the kids get 97 cent buckets from Walmart. The oldest 2 are getting drawing pads with colored pencils and the youngest 4 are getting coloring books (we already have tons of crayons). Everyone got a bottle of bubbles, a new book to read, and a small toy. I have bottle cap necklaces coming for the girls and I plan to pick up a bag of m&m's for each bucket, but other than that, Easter is done.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Mmm! Breakfast! I wish I could still eat eggs in the morning. They just haven't agreed with me ever since I had my gallbladder removed a year ago and I've quit trying.
Once I did make a quiche like breakfast, but instead of a pie crust, I grated potatoes and pressed them into the pie pan to make the crust. I filled the eggs with some sausage and gouda and onions and tomatoes and eggs and baked it just like a quiche after baking the crust long enough to set. It was good but more work than it was worth. I hope you find (and share!) a winning recipe!

I'm so tired of winter. My kids are sick, again. Ped thinks it's flu and gave me Tamiflu to try to ward it off since we're going to meet our teeny tiny newborn baby niece on Sunday, but it is knocking me on my rear! Every time I take it I have a headache, dizziness and extreme nausea for 3-6 hours. And I have to take it twice a day until Friday. If I didn't love that tiny baby there is no way I'd keep taking this, it's awful!

Other than that, not much going on. I'm working on finishing a gift for the baby niece. The trip is too long of a drive to take the kids along for such a short visit, so I asked the girls what gift they would like to send to their new cousin and they want to send her a hug. I thought about it for a while and decided to make a flannel receiving blanket and embroider their hand outlines on the diagonal corners so when she's wrapped up in a swaddle, it will be like a hug. I got a really pale pink flannel for the blanket and hemmed up the edges with a teeny tiny hem and I am using hot pink, heather grey and a sunny yellow for each of the girls' hands (pink + the colors of the new baby's nursery) and I really hope they like it. It will be a nice big blanket--a little over a yard square, and she wasn't even 5lbs when she was born, so hopefully she'll be able to use it for a while.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Mom to four beautiful girls

March 19th, 2013, 06:19 PM
blanket sounds sweet!

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search