I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2578Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
How interesting, M2M! I use myheritage.com to track our growing family tree. My husband is a history buff and has a family member who had tracked the family back to the Normans from one branch! Mine has been harder to trace, all these irishmen have the same names! lol
But I was also surprised about how much german I found on my mom's side of the family, they always talked about being Slovak and Italian and Huguenot, no one mentioned that she's also 1/4 German. I wonder if it was just something people in my grandparents' generation wanted to distance themselves from post-war?

August 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
interesting to find out your heritage. My family is dutch, dutch, dutch, dutch and dutch. About 4 or 5 generations away there's a french lady. I wish I could time travel. (that's not nerdy at all right?)

COME ON BABIES! (I'll say it a little louder today)

My house is such a mess that I'm kind of turning in circles. But I did put 8 gallons of raspberries in the freezer that the kids and I picked at my parents yesterday. I'll make jam later. I know how to get out of the messy house situation though: TEAM CLEAN!
Jenilope likes this.
August 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh dear! I have a thrower upper.
August 7th, 2013, 11:08 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope the babies arrive soon.
fw hope the sickie was an isolated incident.
5in5 time travel would be cool.

Dh is supposed to pick up some dressers I found on craigslist this evening for the boys. I hope they are nicer and more functional than what they have.
Terminix dude said he can't do anything for the fruit flies because they cannot spray (poison on) food. Told me a few things that I wasn't doing for future reference. Said when you bring fruit and veggies home from the store to rinse them and or store them in the fridge. Said fruit flies lay eggs on the food then you bring them home.
Dh discovered a bee hive in our garage window on the front of the house yesterday. He went through 3 cans of bee and wasp killer and he said it barely put a dent in them. Bee guy is coming today at 1pm.
August 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A friend of mine left roses on her counter in water while she went on vacation for a week. Came home to all sorts of those nasty buggers lol We always battled them when I worked at the store too. Cups full of apple cider vinegar under the counters worked ok. Cut small holes in a deli cup top, fill it about an inch full. They go in and cant get out.

Registered the other 5 kids for school today. 126.00 for the middle school, some was fees from last year, and I couldn't pay for the other kid's fees because I need to make sure that we have enough money for Rob to get home from school.
It's going to be 200 when I pay for them when we go to the meet and greet. So much for free public school.

August 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I still don't understand the fees for public school.

I have everyone but Marquay registered, because the school we had to change the little kids too, when theirs closed, changed management companies in the middle of the summer. So all new registration papers. Now it will be a tuition free Montessori school. I have his paperwork, just need to fill it out. Only 3 1/2 weeks until they go back to school!!!

Ughhhh....fruit flies to bees. The Terminix guy doesn't do bees?

FW, hope your thower upper feels better soon and doesn't pass anything around.

My mom is on vacation this week and she has been taking turns having the kids over. First she had Marquay, right now she has Zari.and she is swapping her for Zay and Naathaniel after dinner. They are going to see the new Percy Jackson movie.

Isaac (oldest) has informed me that he and Brianna might be coming back to stay here in September. The lease is up and her sister said she is moving out. They can't afford the lease themselves. I told them $25 each per week in rent. Once I was 18 I paid my grandma rent. So, they have to contribute something.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I would have to say no to the gf coming too. But that's just me.

She is sleeping again. I have had a couple with high fevers and body aches for a day or so. Then fine. None of them threw up though. She was fevered. Had to wash her blankie. She was not amused.
August 7th, 2013, 01:56 PM
She was here before. She doesn't have anywhere to go. Her family is a bunch of jerks.
Farmers-wife likes this.
August 7th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I didn't know that. Well, whatever. What's one more?

Still hunting for shelving. The guy already sold what I wanted.
August 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope your little sicky feels better and good luck on the shelf hunt.

I think it's totally reasonable to have them pay rent after they move in. Only $25 is being very generous.

Those fees add up Repti. I don't want to think about bts yet. I'd like for some hot weather first yet.

I have a nephew that's very limited verbally, due to his autism. He is 9. Today, for the first time ever, when his mom said I love you, he said "I love you" back clearly and all on his own. Totally awesome.
August 7th, 2013, 04:47 PM
My mom set up the apple cider vinegar cups, to me they just seem to be multiplying and getting worse. I've thrown away all the food that was on the counter (onions) and haven't bought bananas in at least a week. Anytime I see a bunch of them I spray them with 409 and clean them up.
Our back to school thing is the 20th I think. Public school...I think the fees were about 130 last year for 1 elementary dc, that doesn't include "the list" of crayons,paper,folders,pencils etc. that are almost all brand specific. It does include the class tshirt, yearbook, classroom dues for field trips etc.
Yes the Terminix dude will do bees, if you know where the hive is, which we did, but dh had already scheduled the bee dude.
August 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have any back to school fees but I think I would prefer to pay all the field trip and yearbook money at once and get it over with.

Hope your sick one feels better soon, fw! I had one a couple nights ago, no fun!

My family has always said we are French and dutch on one side and mostly irish with a touch of Cherokee on my dad's side. However, now I'm curious if I'd find any German, lol!

Do you let your kids play other kids on xbox live? My nine year old has asked for this as a birthday present. He says he'd only play his friends. Is it an option to block 'non-friends'? I know nothing about this stuff!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

August 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow-- I am confused about fees for public school. we don't have that here -- only at private schools.

about the bees -- we have a wasp next that is pretty good size. our 'terminix' guy (different company same concept) couldn't reach it!! guess I need a bee guy to show up here.

another brush fire in the area. had one started about two - three days ago; now one started today. both are very large. sad -- watching structures burn.

DH is having a very late night tonight so I am lazy. oh and I got my 'grandma' tattoo worked on today. it was a random spontaneous moment -- I had no plans to do it anytime soon although I have been thinking about it. no body knows yet. I still need to go out and get aquaphor to put on it.

oh and M2M ~~ it is addicting but so fulfilling to do genealogy.
~mommy~ likes this.

~~terre~~
August 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
My oldest son plays xbox live, but obviously since he is 18 so I have no clue about parental controls. Sorry.
August 7th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I have no idea about xbox live. dc were coincidentally asking me about this very topic today, I said NO!!
In all fairness, it was my nephew who is living with us for the time being and he is 11.....take it up with ur momma!!!
type bee guy and ur zip code....I'm pretty sure that's how dh found this guy. I am very happy to report, significantly less bee traffic since his visit this afternoon. dh said, dude said could take til Friday for them to be gone and if he's still seeing them Saturday to call him and he'll come back.
We hit Sams club HARD today, shouldn't need much for at least a month.
August 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
We have a wasp next in our window. I love looking at them. My husband keeps wanting to go out and destroy it but I keep not letting him. Sme of the babies have hatched. I love watching the mom feed them and push them back in the little hole thing. I think it is cool. Bees would be better.

Got a free new to me bunk bed with a trundle. May be able to cram five girls in that room yet!
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
August 7th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Dang it, the trundle didn't fit. Two more inches would have done it. So now I need another set of bunks.
August 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Ughhh too bad, FW. Hope you find something.

So I have no baby....still. and no contractions, not even BH, no show, no plug, nothing except a lot of pressure. I can hardly walk now if I sit for more than 15 minutes. Maybe the ultrasound was right and I was really due 8/9 (tomorrow) which means up to two more weeks of this. Sigh. Guess I got a SUPER early BFP.

I think I must have a VERY comfortable uterus........

either that or baby is afraid of all the noise.
August 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Go ahead and plan for two more weeks.

I keep picking at my husbands eggs. At this rate, they will be gone before he gets out here.
August 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry FW, and UM.

Start doing jumping jacks UM, maybe you can shake the baby out lol

I'm stuck on the genealogy. My mom said it would get hard on one side of the family cause the relative was brought over during the war, as a young child, and placed in a orphanage. Once his parents got here, after the war, they were able to find him. Then on my dad's side, I thought my grandma would be the hardest, but she turns out to be the easiest. My dads dad's mom married a couple of times but no one knows anything about my grandpa's dad. I have an uncle who has done a lot of the leg work already and my aunt is going to send me his e-mail to see what he has and can help me with. I'd like to go further into my grandmas (dad's side) but haven't decided if I want to pay for the international genealogy search stuff. I've gone 8 generations back on my mom's mom's side, but am stuck on her dad's or is it my grandma's dads...either way I am stuck lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search