I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 07:08 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
How far can you go without paying?

Yeah, I can hardly walk, I am thinking I could try just a jack, and leave out the jumping. LOL
Jenilope likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
UM--Just a jack, lol!

OMG I am just in a pissy mood today. Last night, I thought labor was finally happening. I had about 6 hours of contractions that were steadily increasing in intensity and frequency, but I was still comfortable enough to stay home and didn't want to call the sitter. So I rocked and walked and bounced on my ball etc... then around 10:30 they just stopped. Over. Nothing. Came back enough to wake me up around 4am but haven't been consistent, more just like constant tenderness and pressure at this point. You'd think by kid 4 it would be harder to fool me, but I really thought we'd be having the baby today after how things were going last night! Now I'm just all cranky and tired and sore and disappointed.
And, first thing in my email box is some stupid anonymous mean comment on a 3 year old blog post of pictures of my kids playing. I was in a bad mood and wanted to respond, but decided to just delete it. But then, I thought "how did they even find that?" so I did an image search and the pictures of the girls playing from that post were being used without permission on 3 different websites! It's just a family album blog, very low traffic, I never realized that when blogger merged with google all the content and images became searchable on google as the default privacy setting, and it never really occurred to me that anyone would want to take our pictures! DH emailed the owners of the other blogs to politely ask them to remove the pictures from their articles, but now we're wondering if we should search ALL the pictures from our blog. But there are over 500 posts, most with multiple pictures, some absolute photo dumps and it's going to take forever to look for all of those one at a time on the google image search. And that still wouldn't tell me if someone had stolen the picture and was using it privately, like on facebook or on an unsearchable blog. So, I'm in a rather sour mood this morning.

August 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Yeah, that would make me mad too.

At least you are having something. I am having nothing. Nothing. Like she is gonna stay in there for 6 months.
August 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW, that is a little bit scary about people just using your pics AND about the default setting. Definet downside to the information age.

I think my body feels weird from what UM just described, because I now suddenly vividly remember it. I really really really hope it's soon for you UM, and then Jenilope the day after so it's still fair

You know how people often say stupid stuff about big families or in my case having all girls? While on holidays this one lady was actually funny and original. She looks at dh and says "ohhhhh, you have a specialty!"

He's going to use that one in the future.
UrbanMomma, Jenilope and LABs like this.
August 8th, 2013, 09:15 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
hoping baby comes soon for you both Jenilope and UM!! I totally get what your going through ..i was there 2 weeks ago....and its haaaard!!!

I have been dealing with my BP stilll being high. I am now on BP med and I have NEVER had that. have a follow up with my OB this week so will know more hopefully.
Baby is doing better got over her sniffles and is finally drinking a lilttle more than 2 ounces. ( that means a little more sleep )

I got a stupid remark the other day in the store with Dh and 3 of my girls, this older lady saw the baby and says .".ooh a new one, 3 girls? are you going to stop of keeping on for the boy?"
I was already upset and very anxious about having to be out with baby in public and around people so early, that I almost told her NO I already have 4 boys, but instead just turned and walked on.
August 8th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, I think it's $30 a month to search internationally. The hubby said he was fine with it (right now I could probably ask for anything), but that's a lot. I might do it though cause I am curious about my grandma's past and things I think I remember from when I was younger.

Jenilope, sorry no baby. My last few were like that. I honestly could never tell, oh and I wouldn't be happy about the pictures either.

Amira, don't let it bug ya!
August 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I guess $30 isn't too bad, especially if you are curious. I don't even like much of the family I have, so any I didn't ever know I couldn't care less about.

Amira, yeah, the comments just get annoying sometimes.

I have had two older ladies in the last week insist that I am having a boy.
August 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I actually wanted to look because Cole is huge into history and our family origins, and I don't really have any answers. My grandma (mom's side) never talked about anything involving her family, and zero about my mom's dad. He was just "that man", all my life.

My dad's side, well other then when I was younger, wasn't super involved with me. My dad's sister was, and my grandparents were to an extent but that was it. I did learn how my mom was able to afford private Christian school for me when I was younger. My grandparents paid for it, in exchange for visitation with me. I'd see my dad during those visits, but they continued even after he left my life, which I always found strange. I also remember (I think) hearing that my grandma's side had Nazi's in the blood line, by mom's mom is Jewish, so for me there's been a curiosity. I've assumed that if there was, it wasn't by choice since my grandma married a very dark skinned mexican, and immigrated to the country to marry him.

Wow that was long. For some reason I feel like there's a story....
August 8th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty boring. I came from a Kuchenbecker, and Bogenschuetz directly. Both very German obviously. Pat GP was in wwII for a stint, I don't remember him at all. He died when I was very young. Both Pat and Mat GPs married only once, only had kids with those spouses. Pat GPs only had two kids who are both in the same city, of which one of them (my uncle) had only two kids, of which I know directly as well. Not much there I guess. I spose it would make it easier to trace.

Rob's parents have never even acknowledged that we have kids, so I don't really give two craps about either of them. His dad because he's an idiot abusive alcoholic, and his mom because she's more concerned with this ******* child that was proven not to be Rob's, and was born when he was 19. If she really wants to track down this girl she should have no problems, the girl would be in her 20's already.

I'm really irritated with Noah, he keeps downloading stupid games on the computer when i let him use it. Now I have pop ups I can't get rid of.

August 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
M2M -- I have the international membership and rarely use it because it is in the language of whatever country you are looking at. that being said, I could look for you if you want to call me or PM me the info and what you want to know.

~~terre~~
August 8th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My Pat grandfather also was in WWII, that's where he met my grandma....and brought her home from lol

MIL, the language thing was what I was concerned about. My grandmother spoke to me in German all the time, but I never understood what she said. Same for my grandfathers side who always spoke Spanish to me. Thankfully the other side didn't speak Hebrew, its any wonder I can speak English lol

What info would you need?
August 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well, tell me the name of the person you are trying to trace. if you want you could link me to your particular tree and I can add to it what I find. go to your tree page and after the name of it, it will say: tree pages with a down arrow. go to the bottom of that list down and it says share. you can add my email address to it and it should let me view your tree. tczoomama@aol.com

~~terre~~
August 8th, 2013, 04:16 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I met an angel today at target!!! (ok as I typed this out, maybe 3)
I took my 4 youngest bts shopping today (only the older 2 were shopping). Except for the "baby" (2yo) who was strapped into the seat.. they were walking off, touching everything etc. The baby even chimed in by wiggling out of the seat belt so it was strangling her around the neck. . I was on a main aisle and 3 older women were oncoming, the last one was 70 maybe even 80 she had the countenance, knowledgeable eyes and smile only an old lady can muster....we made eye contact and her smile got even bigger and kinder and she asked "Are you having fun?" OMG!!! I burst into laughter.... I encountered them a while later about to crash into them as our aisles intersected and I stopped, backed up and told the dc wait let these ladies pass. As the 3rd lady passed I said to her what I thought too late to say to her..."BLESS YOU" all 3 of them started telling me repeatedly "You are a great mom".

All the negative comments, looks we get...I am so very grateful to have encountered these women today, and look very forward to being able to pass their blessing on to other mothers with bts lists in hand and dc who aren't listening. Or any other time.
August 8th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ok, MIL I sent it. It's the Luevano side, but I'd like to at the very least see if i can find my grandmother Anneliese's parents
August 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM
MW appt in the morning. Yipee.
August 8th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rock her world.

#9 is in her big bed tonight. The way I set it up in the girls room now is bunk bed to the left, 3 on top, 7&9 on bottom. Trundle in the middle, unraised(bffs idea) with 2 there and the single to the right 1 is there. After I save some more money, I will get another bunk bed. Then 2 will go up top of that.

Now I need to focus on their storage issues. I need another dresser and then some shelves I can put on top of the dressers to keep boxes on or books or crap.

The boys room is great.
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 8th, 2013, 05:52 PM
We have storage issues too. There is just not enough room. We need to have a bonfire, except they frown upon that in the city, and the kids may not be happy if I burn their stuff.
August 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Preseason football is on. Dh is going to cut into my Big Bang theory time.
August 8th, 2013, 07:37 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
Preseason football is on. Dh is going to cut into my Big Bang theory time.
unacceptable!!! Are they reruns or first run? do you have dvr?

A storage suggestion. At our old house dh ran a shelf all the way around the dc room about a foot/foot and a half down from the ceiling. We stored books and those cute cube storage containers filled with whatever fit in them there.
Farmers-wife and mom2many2010 like this.
August 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
No DVr. Mostly reruns. It's ok, but I will miss it.

Great idea on the high wall shelf. I can do that!
mom2many2010 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search